Third Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old July 27th, 2017 (10:14 AM).
Uruguayan Random Guy

Nature: Lonely
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by colours View Post
    I remember asking this question before in regards to GSC vs HGSS. The reason being is that, being remakes, these games strive to not only satisfy the sense of nostalgia that we felt by playing games that we hold close to us, but also to introduce new features that make playing the games more fun!

In regards to FRLG though, for those who have played the originals, do you prefer FRLG or do you prefer the originals?
    If they were more fun or not could totally depend on some very specific factors like the year you were born.

And now I'm gonna share my point of view on whether I had more fun with FR/LG or not:
    The first Pokémon Game that I played was Pokémon Red back in 2007 (Yeah, I know, quite late.. being Uruguayan can be suffering for certain things).. I loved it.
    It looked cute overall, the music was awesome and the feeling of becoming a Pokémon Trainer myself when I only watched the Anime prior to it was uncomparable.
    Calling over and over a friend for a full week, literally every single day, asking him where to go next whenever I got stuck at some point of my journey is something I'll never forget about because I still laugh whenever I remember it.

I played FireRed/LeafGreen at some point of that same year, if I recall correctly. It was the second GBA Game I've played to that point and the 7th Pokémon Game I experienced.. I liked it.
    I could immediately recognize the R/Y inside them: the OST, the tiles, map designs, everything was like a 10-times-better version of Pokémon Red and Yellow.
    Of course, having the knowledge I got with my experience on Red/Yellow, I didn't got stuck mostly anywhere. Maybe with the whole Tea and Guardman at first, but I don't quite remember right now.

I basically had fun with both of them, but if I had to be honest, I'm sure I've got more fun with Red/Yellow.
    They had something magic that was hard to beat, I couldn't explain it even if I tried.
    Also my biggest and one of the few complaints I ever had with FireRed, is that I HAVE NEVER got to like Red's new costume, R/B/Y's is easily the superior one.

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 28th, 2017 (7:46 AM).
    BoisturseBreloom

Nature: Relaxed
      Nope FR/LG are slow paced and boring.
      Old September 29th, 2017 (5:50 AM).

Nature: Calm
        I prefer FR\LG because it reminds me the old day when i used to play Pokemon Red and since it has better graphic, I really enjoy playing it
        Old November 21st, 2017 (8:27 AM).
        Champion

Nature: Sassy
          I prefer FR/LG since graphics are kinda important to me. And I wasn't old enough to play a Gameboy when RBY first came out and I kind of only got to play Yellow on a Gameboy Color, and it was a Japanese cartridge (I can't read Jap).

So FR/LG was really my first proper play as a kid and I guess that's why I have a bias for it.
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:31 AM).

As much as Blue and Yellow were huge parts of my childhood, the games haven't really aged that well... I do think that FR/LG are the better games, and when I'm craving 1st gen gameplay that's where I end up going.
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:51 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
              While I did enjoy FR/LG, I think the RBY mechanics were unique in a way that didn't necessarily make it worse. For example, you could justify picking fast but weak pokemon like Dugtrio or Persian because they scored critical hits so often. And I'd always find myself using Victreebel/Tentacruel because Wrap was just too funny not to use.

They're both Kanto-based, but I consider them different games.
              Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:24 PM).

Nature: Mild
                FRLG for a few reasons.

-Had stuff to do between the 7th and 8th gym

-Sevii Island post game is my 2nd favorite post game in the series

-I liked the back sprites more

-All of the new mechanics, such as abilities

-Running shoes
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:19 AM).
                lightning is unstoppable

Nature: Hasty
                  Yeah, it is obvious that the new will be better. FRLG has sevii island which makes it good then the originals.

My career

Odd thread
                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:11 PM).
                  Burned out Gamer(literally fire is no joke)

Nature: Docile
                    How do i put this even though I love Hoenn I will always replay FRLG before lifting a finger fro RSE.But I will always prefer RBY only due to how different the game was and how much it makes you think after growing accustom to newer logic. Some pokemon that were very much usable back in the day are not even thought of lately. Lets face it when was the last time any of you used a Rapidash.Or hey do any of you use wrap on your dragonite? Bet your @$$ in RBY i do.

Quick Reply