• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
lolwtf?
This is strange. How do I make it stop raining in the LAB?!
rainlab.PNG

Years
One question: Is that new computer a Vista? If it is, Vista has been proven to be slower at doing everything. (Except copying files from one part of a hard drive to another, for some reason) That could be a part of the issue for you. Also, I hope you meant 8GB of RAM, not MB. (Which would make your computer a 64-bit operating system)

lol yeah 8 GB of RAM. Your correct to make the 64-bit operating system as well. Vista is considered slow if you put it on a machine that was intended for XP. Vista does seem to be a resource hog for a computer, it's actually very well put together though. Things can be disabled easily from what I have encountered. In idle the OS only uses 500MB RAM and not even 2 percent total from the cpu. Running 54 processes im only at 35% memory usage and max of 19% CPU usage. I don't know if its just a thing with RMXP but that may be the issue either way.

Thanks for the correction too, imma go change that.

with only 8 rams i would think that you couldn't run word on it. can you take a look and tell us what the actual ram is? becuase i would be amased if it was under 500MB for a new pc. considering 500MB ram is average.

Yeah as stated above it's a tiny typo, :p. New pcs should have no less than 2GB out of box now. Vista can hardly run on 1 GB of RAM and operate. I use Adobe Fireworks on both my laptop and my desktop the laptop is Vista with 2GB of memory and if its the only program running along side Vista it takes about a min to even begin showing that it is loading the program. On this desktop though its fully loaded and ready to go in seconds.

But yeah just a typo. Before anyone asks this isn't a store bought computer its one I put together.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
lolwtf?
This is strange. How do I make it stop raining in the LAB?!
rainlab.PNG

edit the metadata.txt file. it has a weather effect setting in it for each map, you made the new maps, but didn't edit the metadata file :D (it gets real fun when you don't edit the encounter file, you wind up getting errors all over the place.)

Years
edit the metadata.txt file. it has a weather effect setting in it for each map, you made the new maps, but didn't edit the metadata file :D (it gets real fun when you don't edit the encounter file, you wind up getting errors all over the place.)

Thanks. It's working now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Ok, i know this has been asked before, but i couldn't find a solution. if i wanted to change the the time setting so that it was twice as fast, (two days in one) how would i do that?

Last edited:

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Oh, that sounds cool, but kind of hard...

anyway, yes, there is a program to make tilesets, it's called tileset maker (there are 4 diffrent programs with this name, 1) allows you to draw your
own tileset and shows you how they look, 2) 1 allows for you to take tiles from other tilesets and put them into your own to make a new tileset. 3) alows you to make tilesets out of pictures 4) well, it's kind of like GIMP, with pre set pictures for you to choose from and edit at your will.

sorry, i don't have any links, i haven't used those programs in so long. O.o

I searched for hours and couldn't find anything like what i need... so if any1 has a good 1 or 1 made 4 rmxp plz post link.

And dose any1 have a tutorial on how to use poccils kit. like how to add trainers and what to remove if ur making ur own maps.

Aslo, i need to know how to make it so you can make ur character do stuff like walk bhind the roof of a buildin and be under the bed sheats and stuff
like in the R/S pokemon games...

this is what happens:
Srry 4 loss of quality i had 2 save as GIF.

aslso how do you make a tag to go in ur sig. i wanna use 1 to promote a pokemon game i'm working on

last but not least dose any1 have a overworld sprite of officer jenny and also one of officer jenny on a motorbike

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I searched for hours and couldn't find anything like what i need... so if any1 has a good 1 or 1 made 4 rmxp plz post link.

And dose any1 have a tutorial on how to use poccils kit. like how to add trainers and what to remove if ur making ur own maps.

Aslo, i need to know how to make it so you can make ur character do stuff like walk bhind the roof of a buildin and be under the bed sheats and stuff

this is what happens:

aslso how do you make a tag to go in ur sig. i wanna use 1 to promote a pokemon game i'm working on

last but not least dose any1 have a overworld sprite of officer jenny and also one of officer jenny on a motorbike

o.0 i can see that you have never used rmxp at all before...

ok, in order to make the character walk behind the roofs, go to the editor, click on tilesets, click on the tileset with the rooms in it (overworld) go down until you can see the roof that you want the character to walk behind, click on priority, then keep clicking on the tile of the roof until it's at 1 or above.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years

this is what happens:

No no no this will not do at all.

1. Try reading the notes.htm provided, or even look around for basic RMXP tutorials.
2. Good god have you even used RMXP before? When creating Tilesets set the priorty for certain tiles to have them above events and the player.
3. Not the place to ask.
4. Not the place to ask. Try FRLG rips, I'm sure there are Jenny-ish sprites. You'll have to custom the bike riding sprites.
5. Lern to spel.

*prods Poccil* Why does your system hate my transparent water yah? D:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
No no no this will not do at all.

1. Try reading the notes.htm provided, or even look around for basic RMXP tutorials.
2. Good god have you even used RMXP before? When creating Tilesets set the priorty for certain tiles to have them above events and the player.
3. Not the place to ask.
4. Not the place to ask. Try FRLG rips, I'm sure there are Jenny-ish sprites. You'll have to custom the bike riding sprites.
5. Lern to spel.

*prods Poccil* Why does your system hate my transparent water yah? D:

it hates you because your transparent water is animated. if you make every other pixel invisable, then it will work (i did it in my own project, i'm trying to get the pearl effect from the lake, :D ) (also, if you need someone to do the every other pixel thing, i'll do it, i have to much free time on my hands, it would give me something to do.)

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
i have used rmxp b4, just not poccils starter kit. and i don't spell right cause i am in a rush. and most of the stuff i do in rmxp is very basic. i have only recently learn't about "Priority's" last, i put that other suff in cause i need it and i thaught i might aswell ask while i thaught of it. srry

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
From where do you get all this sprites?,Im searching for sprites about month,and I found nothing...
I dont sure thats belong to here,but someone can give me some pokemon sporites for rmxp?,If its dont for here,so im sorry

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
I know this site,but its not for rmxp(rpg maker xp),its more for game maker,i've tried to make it for rm,but it were to small...
tnx anyway

Years
I know this site,but its not for rmxp(rpg maker xp),its more for game maker,i've tried to make it for rm,but it were to small...
tnx anyway

Sine you are in the Pokémon Essentials thread I will direct you to the very first post. In poccil's sig you will find a link to Pokémon Essentials, it is a RMXP file that contians most of what you need. If you are like its also a well done work in progress starter kit.

I decided to add the link to the page: Pokémon Essentials

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
Tnx,but I got this from the first release,Im asking for the site that he got the sprites from,because im locking for sprites to rmxp about month,and didnt find a thing,so im asking where did he get them,and if someone can give me sprites like those.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
Because when im do it,its seems weird,and when im not,and just make them in the right placec,its too small.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
it hates you because your transparent water is animated. if you make every other pixel invisable, then it will work (i did it in my own project, i'm trying to get the pearl effect from the lake, :D ) (also, if you need someone to do the every other pixel thing, i'll do it, i have to much free time on my hands, it would give me something to do.)

Oh no, all the frames of my auto-tile are transparent. It's interesting to note that randomly, while moving past the water it will return to being translucent for a split second. Note the randomly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
tnx anyway

... OK, you CAN actually use them for rmxp. open them in ms paint (which is a program on almost every pc, they usually come with it on them) then click edit, select all. then pres ctrl and + at the same time (the + on the number pad) then pres ctrl and c, then ctrl and v. and there, they are the right size and have the right look. done.

Oh no, all the frames of my auto-tile are transparent. It's interesting to note that randomly, while moving past the water it will return to being translucent for a split second. Note the randomly.

yes, i know, but as i said, they don't apear to be transparent because they are animated, this is why:

in an animated tile, the system naturally fades from one part of it to another, so if it's transparent, it gets doubled up. (so that it almost never looks translucent, because it has 2 layers on it) it CAN look translucent for a few moments, but that's rare, the best way to fix this is to do an every other pixel invisibility thing. (or at least this is what i've come to understand, and this is the only solution i have found that has actually worked.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back