• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Joeyhugg's Splice Gallery

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Hey! I recently got back into spriting and decided to make a gallery.

These sprites are available for public use if asked first. Contact me via PM. If it was a request for another user, I will have to clear it up with the requester as well.

Splices:
Spoiler:

Give me your thoughts and suggestions, or even requests!

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
^_^ I like your style...

I have been sitting here for hours now trying and trying to sprite just one custom pokemon and have gotten no where =(
I really did want to make at least 50 fakemon but can see how hard that really is and why they are so few good hacks with fakemon. Now I would be happy to just have the main four I need in my hack.
Do you think there is anyway you could help me?
or guide me through the process if you can
These sprites I'm trying to get done are gonna go into Fire red if that makes backspriting any easier.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
^_^ I like your style...

I have been sitting here for hours now trying and trying to sprite just one custom pokemon and have gotten no where =(
I really did want to make at least 50 fakemon but can see how hard that really is and why they are so few good hacks with fakemon. Now I would be happy to just have the main four I need in my hack.
Do you think there is anyway you could help me?
or guide me through the process if you can
These sprites I'm trying to get done are gonna go into Fire red if that makes backspriting any easier.

I can certainly try. I mainly just make sprites, I've never worked with Fire Red limitations for ROMs. But I'll do my best. PM me when you want help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Personally, I like the other bases. They are much more plentiful in poses. Any critiques other than the base?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
New! My first scratch sprite!

Spoiler:

It is based off of the Wendingo myth, a spirit that convinces people to become cannibals.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
New! My first scratch sprite!

Spoiler:

It is based off of the Wendingo myth, a spirit that convinces people to become cannibals.

That's a very interesting thing to base it off of! Though I'm not quite sure if Ghost/Poison is the best combination -- the Wendigo legend is far up in the north of (North) America, where things are freezing, so I would probably guess "Ice" would be a more appropriate combination with ghost. It looks really cool though!

. . . Aesthetically, I would probably give the head more contours -- notably the jaw and forehead, where things will stand out most. For the spectral feel, I would drag the colors down from what they are into its whisp (What I'm calling the bottom point of your Pokemon XD) and also make the whisp a little squiggly. Disclaimer: I am NO pixel artist.

P.S. Aren't the sprites for Moon and Sun from scratch?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
That's a very interesting thing to base it off of! Though I'm not quite sure if Ghost/Poison is the best combination -- the Wendigo legend is far up in the north of (North) America, where things are freezing, so I would probably guess "Ice" would be a more appropriate combination with ghost. It looks really cool though!

. . . Aesthetically, I would probably give the head more contours -- notably the jaw and forehead, where things will stand out most. For the spectral feel, I would drag the colors down from what they are into its whisp (What I'm calling the bottom point of your Pokemon XD) and also make the whisp a little squiggly. Disclaimer: I am NO pixel artist.

P.S. Aren't the sprites for Moon and Sun from scratch?

Actually, no. They are fusions. Beautifly head, Venonat collar, Seismitoad body, Torterra legs, Krookodile arms, Krokorok tail. And what do you mean by contour?

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Actually, no. They are fusions. Beautifly head, Venonat collar, Seismitoad body, Torterra legs, Krookodile arms, Krokorok tail. And what do you mean by contour?

Huh -- I never would have guessed that. Interesting list of Pokemon, though.

Outlines. Right now, you kind of have an oval for a head and some basic shapes for its physique -- if you can add more to the outline and go beyond what you have, your Pokemon would look ten times better. No Pokemon really is just a straight line or a round oval. What you have is a great start; now you just have to build on it.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014

Okay, I couldn't resist myself. This is kind of what I mean by making more of an accentuated contour (Outline). Granted, my really bad rendition looks more like a Digimon (I can't do cute and charming >_<) but it shows more detail beyond the normal circle and shapes.

Back