• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Long post short:
-Defeated Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, and Giovanni
-Went to the Pokemon League and fought everyone in a row.
Lorelai spammed Surf to keep killing Jiyong and Jaejoong. Junhyung survived long enough to take out Slowbro and Jynx with Bites. Jynx kept spamming Lovely Kiss, Attract, Ice Punch on Junhyung. Revived my fallen Pokemon.
Bruno spammed Earthquake and Rock Tomb. Jiyong spammed Blast Burn (w/e that move is that the old lady on Isl. 2 gives the fire starter). Jaejoong had the best defense and survived the Rock/Ground hits.
Agatha was easily taken care of by Junhyung (Bite + Blackglasses) and Jaejoong.
Had to keep Reviving and Full Restoring for Lance's Aerodactyl. Poisoned him w/ Jaejoong's Toxic and spammed Flamethrower. Jiyong, Jaejoong, and Junhyung switched in and out for the rest of his Pokemon.
Battled Key with barely any PP left (only had 2 Max Ethers and nothing else). Jiyong spammed the last of his Blast Burn, Aerial Ace and Slash. Jaejoong spammed Flamethrower and used the last of his Extremespeed. Junhyun wasn't used much for this battle. Survived by the skin of my teeth.
(insert credits)

Name: Lovelie
Badges: 8
Pokedex: 59
Time: 93:27

Hall Of Famers:
Jiyong (Charizard) lvl. 59
Nature: Mild
HP: 174|Atk: 129|Def: 105|Sp.Atk: 157|Sp.Def: 114|Spd: 145
Slash|Smokescreen|Blast Burn|Aerial Ace

Jaejoong (Arcanine) lvl. 58
Nature: Mild
HP: 193|Atk: 154|Def: 101|Sp.Atk: 161|Sp.Def: 116|Spd: 151
Flamethrower|Roar|Toxic|Extremespeed

Junhyung (Flareon) lvl. 51
Nature: Relaxed
HP: 144|Atk: 146|Def: 83|Sp.Atk: 119|Sp.Def: 134|Spd: 76
Bite|Dig|Smog|Fire Spin

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Update on my run:

- Defeated Brock, Misty, and Lt. Surge. About to get to Rock Tunnel.

Hopefully I'll update more often to get a little more detailed, but here's the team so far:

Wartortle Lv. 31
Hasty Nature
83 HP/54 Attack/55 Defense/47 Sp. Atk/57 Sp. Def/57 Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Water Gun
- Bite
- Withdraw

Gyarados Lv. 30
Bashful Nature
100 HP/84 Attack/60 Def/48 Sp. Atk/66 Sp. Def/59 Speed
- Water Pulse
- Tackle
- Bite
- Dragon Rage

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Updatey of Updatedness!

So, Pikachu soloed Mt. Moon easily. I whupped Team Rocket good, and made it to the outside world again. Made it to Cerulean, Healed, saved, and headed for what I was sure would be a terrible fight with my rival. But, to my surprise, his Pokemon were butter and Pikachu was a really hot knife. I let his Spearow live long enough to get 3 DTs under my belt, and then pretty much squished everything. I beat him, celebrated, and-My game reset. >.<

{{Perhaps I should explain. I'm playing on an actual cartridge, not a rom. I'm playing on a Yellow cartridge that was bought shortly after Yellow came out in America. A cartridge my young self then played for 5+ hours a day constantly for about 6 months, then off and on over then last 10+ years. This thing is buggy as all get out. XD It randomly resets about every ten minutes, I can't catch a Nidoran or my game crashes, and I can't watch the credits. Oh, and I found a wild Missingno in Mount Moon. :/ And a Lv. 100someodd Abra, too. Anyway.}}

So, grinding my teeth, I challenged my rival again. >.< Naturally, he didn't fall near as easily this time. By the time we were done, Pikachu was in red. But, I did persevere. I saved BEFORE I did any celebrating this time, then healed before Nugget Bridge. I regret having to face those six just before my first actual Pokemon for my challenge, since I'm sure I'll need the training. But, I squashed them ll flat, and made a beeline for the regretful trainer at the top of the route. One sob story later, I am the proud owner of a CHARMANDER! :D I named him Odin (Not copying TheOblivnator, I'm naming each challenge's Pokemon after a different set of gods, and Norse came up first.) and set to training. {{On a side note, can anyone really call themselves a failure as a trainer after only 5 levels of training? :/ Seems a little premature...}}

So, now I'm faced with an interesting situation. I have a lv. 10 Charmander, and ONLY a lv. 10 Charmander, to face Misty, the WATER Pokemon gym leader. *sigh* I love a challenge. I start taking down Bellsprouts, running from anything else. At lv. 12, I start fighting Oddishes, too. Finally, I hit lv. 16. I'm not going to let him evolve for a while, so he levels up faster, but now I'm set to take on the trainers on this route. I deposit Pikachu, and set off again.

Team:

Odin (Charmander) Lv. 16

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey guys, I'm back on Winter Break. School got the best on me, so I was unable to even log onto PC, much less update my threads. But now that it's over, things should be up and running again soon (possibly by the end of the day)

Years
Hey guys, another update, I beat Hoenn! Now to get onto Sinnoh... that might take longer, I've never *actually* finished Sinnoh before, I got bored last time... We'll see if I manage to do better this time. Anyways, here's the team that beat the Hoenn elite four!

Disclaimer: I have no clue about natures, so if any of them look terrible... eh.

:t323: Vulcan the Relaxed Lv 53 Camerupt (Male)

- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Fireblast
- Rock Slide

This thing is a beast, doing good damage with all it's attacks. It was incredibly useful against grass, which absolutely wrecked me for most of the game before I got it. Pretty much necessary in every sense of the word.

:t330: Danae the Mild Lv 53 Flygon (Female)

- Crunch
- Fly
- Dragonbreath
- Earthquake

This thing was, not gonna lie, pretty rough for most of the game. When she finally evolved into her final form during elite four grinding, she took a huge leap in power, and was one of my most depended upon members during elite four battles. She could hit a good half of the pokemon in the league without difficulty, and *hard*. It was good.

:t075: Gravol the Bashful Lv 52 Graveler (Male)

- Rock Throw
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

I really wish Graveler evolved naturally, this is the third game I've used him in a row. His behaviour is still typical: He's good against very specific pokemon types, and absolute suck on others... Ah well, he fits the purpose well enough. Died too often and too quickly during the league to be good, though.

:t344: Geno the Timid Lv 53 Claydol

- Hyper Beam
- Psychic
- Ancient Power
- Cosmic Power

This thing is a tank that doesn't really do a lot of damage... he can take hits like no one's business though. Not all that great during the league, but he took almost all of Wallace's pokemon on his own with two cosmic powers and three hyper potions. This thing is a beast. Overall fun times, but he suffers from being weak to most of the elite four...

:t028: Duster the Brave Lv 51 Sandslash (Male)

- Return
- Aerial Ace
- Toxic
- Rock Smash

I've noticed a trend with Sandslash: They're really good until the end of the game, and then start sucking at alarming levels. Duster was excellent until the end of the game, then when that rolled around, he couldn't do **** against anything. He took out a few Dragons with Return, but that was it. Still, good to have around to slaughter mass amounts of weak pokemon...

:t260: Muddle the Bold Lv 55 Swampert

- Take Down
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Ah, Swampert. What an interesting pokemon... It's the first time I've been able to keep a starter. Using it was kind of like using Quagsire, but in some ways it was completely different. The biggest difference was that grass is a valid type in this version, so there were points where swampert got thoroughly wrecked, such as the second rival battle. That being said, he was one of the most powerful pokemon on my team, and came through hardcore in the last few elite four battles. It's kind of useless to speculate without him; doing a ground type monorun means you start with him... Still, definitely a good pokemon.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
Ok, so i played A FRIGGIN' LOT yesterday...but i didnt write any of it down so i lost...basically i did some stuff, fought some people, didt really catch some pokemon

im up to six badges, and trying to get a heart scale...so i can teach my freshly caught snover some old moves

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Tony's Log #2: The Road to Hearthome

-Kicked the Galactic freaks out of Eterna for good.
-Got Bicycle, went down the Cycling Road and caught Gligar (Fitz) and Gible (Chompra).
-Trained Chompra and Fitz up to Lv 22, then proceeded to get through Mt. Coronet.
-Met the weirdo again in the cave, Chompra evolved into Gabite.
-Owned some trainers, entered Hearthome City.
-Healed and saved at Hearthome Pokécenter, ready to train to beat the next Gym Leader (Fantina I think it is)

Team:

Dee Dee/Grotle Lv 27
Bite
Curse
Razor Leaf
Mega Drain

Oozer/Shellos Lv 27
HP Fire
Water Pulse
Mud Bomb
Harden

Fitz/Gligar Lv 24
Fury Cutter
Faint Attack
Quick Attack
Harden

Chompra/Gabite Lv 24
Dragon Rage
Sand Tomb
Sandstorm
Take Down

See ya.

J J JUAN

Psychic Master
Years
J J JUAN, reporting

Hi! I'm in Victory Road, with the 8 badges, my psychic team is:

Kadabra Lv 52
Starmie Lv 45
Mr Mime Lv 48
Slowbro Lv 47
Jynx Lv 46
Exeggutor Lv 46

J J JUAN

Psychic Master
Years
J J JUAN, reporting in Psychic UMC

I've won pokemon Red and I'll now start playing pokemon Silver. I've defeated my rival with:

Kadabra Lv 54
Mr Mime Lv 48
Exeggutor Lv 48
Slowbro Lv 50
Jynx Lv 46
Starmie Lv 47

Kanto (Red): Done
Johto (Silver): In Progress
Hoenn: Waiting
Sinnoh: Waiting
Unova: Waiting

Future Team for Silver

Kadabra
Hypno
Slowbro
Starmie
Xatu
Espeon or Exeggutor

Tony Montana

Years
Take off Kadabra and put both Exeggutor and Espeon!

I think Kadabra should stay and Hypno should leave. Kadabra+Psychic+Elemental punches=OWNAGE.

Now, back on the UMC, I'm in Solaceon Town training to get Grotle evolved and my team at about lv 30 (Which won't take long). Boy, the road to Veilstone sure is long.

J J JUAN

Psychic Master
Years
J J JUAN, UMC

Tony is right, but Hypno can learn the elemental punches too. I can't take out Kadabra, it's my favourite pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2019
Hey, I'd like to do Firered with a Fire type team.
Thinking of going Charizard, Arcanine, and Flareon. Don't really like Flareon, but I enjoy three pokemon teams.

Tony Montana

Years
Tony's Log #3: It's a Long Way to Veilstone

-Trained A LOT, evolving Dee Dee into Torterra and Oozer into Gastrodon.
-Got Fitz and Chompra to Lv 30, caught a Staravia to be my Defogger/Airplane.
-Arrived in Veilstone City, healed and went to Route 214.
-Got Razor Fang using my Dowsing machine, gave it to Fitz.
-Fitz evolved into Gliscor
-Saved at the Veilstone Pokécenter after healing, will take on Maylene after Chompra levels up a little bit.

Team:

Dee Dee/Torterra Lv 32
Bite
Curse
Earthquake
Razor Leaf

Oozer/Gastrodon Lv 30
Water Pulse
HP Fire
Mud Bomb
Body Slam

Fitz/Gliscor Lv 31
Night Slash
Slash
Screech
Fury Cutter

Chompra/Gabite Lv 30
Slash
Dragon Rage
Sandstorm
Sand Tomb

Finally, my team is 100% Ground-type. After Maylene, I am planning to get 2 Heart Scales, one to teach Wood Hammer to Dee Dee and the other one to teach Thunder Fang to Fitz (which will help me with taking down Water-types that give me some trouble like Gyarados).
See ya.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
So i played some more today...got the heart scale i was looking for FINALLY...got the 7th badge...evolved snover...and am hitting his head up against a wall...most notably a wall called Mt. Coronet...I HATE MT. CORONET!!!!...a lot

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
I might start an Isshu Monotype once I've completed my First Playthrough of it. I'll get back to you on that sometime next week.

J J JUAN

Psychic Master
Years
J J JUAN, reporting in Psychic UMC

I've started with pokemon Silver. I've defeated Falkner and Bugsy, with my Croconaw and Slowpoke.

My team
Croconaw Lv 23
Slowpoke Lv 16

Kanto (Red): Done
Johto (Silver): In Progress
Hoenn: Waiting
Sinnoh: Waiting
Unova: Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back