• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Yep, only that one event...so far. I've only coded up to Cerulean City, so I don't know. Yes just that one event.
Well then you should just delete it. 1 person doesn't take up a huge amount of space in the rom.

What is the offset for the "Old Man vs. Weedle" Script?
I need to find it so I can repoint the sprite data.

Err...rather, the offset for the command: Special 0x9D
You're taking about the backsprite for the old man right? It's located near the end of the rom. Use TileEd/Tile Molestor to find it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Well then you should just delete it. 1 person doesn't take up a huge amount of space in the rom.

I can't believe it, but it doesn't work. I deleted the original trainer, then inserted a new one. I found free space and inputted the hex number into where it should be. I compiled the script I needed and then reclicked on the character, and the same exact thing happened. I have no idea what to do now.

One thing I didn't do is find free space for all the hex values in the code. Come to think of it, I only changed the first one and left the rest alone, the way they were. Is that the problem? If so, do I have to go and find free space for each of them? How do I go about doing that?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I can't believe it, but it doesn't work. I deleted the original trainer, then inserted a new one. I found free space and inputted the hex number into where it should be. I compiled the script I needed and then reclicked on the character, and the same exact thing happened. I have no idea what to do now.

One thing I didn't do is find free space for all the hex values in the code. Come to think of it, I only changed the first one and left the rest alone, the way they were. Is that the problem? If so, do I have to go and find free space for each of them? How do I go about doing that?
The easiest way to fix this might be to just use a different script editor. PKSV is a good alternative and Pokescript with thethethethe's database edit is just as good as PKSV and XSE.

Years
I wonder how to create another demo pokemon catching like the old man cathes Weedle in FR, but catching other pokemons and using another backsprite(like the hero in RS)

And I want to change type weakness/strength, and I've found the data, but, how many entries does it have? I don't know where it ends and the entries are less than I expected...

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Hey, I know I said I was trying to limit my questions, but I need to know this. Does anyone have a copy of all the beta map offsets for Gold? I used to have one but I lost it when my computer crashed. I also need the offsets for the PCC in Crystal.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hey, I know I said I was trying to limit my questions, but I need to know this. Does anyone have a copy of all the beta map offsets for Gold? I used to have one but I lost it when my computer crashed. I also need the offsets for the PCC in Crystal.
http://www.datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold:ROM_map

No need to limit your questions, so long as you put in sufficient effort figuring it out yourself first.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I wonder how to create another demo pokemon catching like the old man cathes Weedle in FR, but catching other pokemons and using another backsprite(like the hero in RS)

And I want to change type weakness/strength, and I've found the data, but, how many entries does it have? I don't know where it ends and the entries are less than I expected...
The backsprite is located near the end of the rom, use TLP/Tile Molestor/TileEd to edit it. Not sure about the data of the pokemon that appears. A lot of people have been asking about it. I'll look into it when I have the chance, which won't be for about 3 weeks.

How can I insert a trainer's backsprite to the game and make my backsprite valid? Please help me
Try reading zel's tutorial. Its in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Years

The backsprite is located near the end of the rom, use TLP/Tile Molestor/TileEd to edit it. Not sure about the data of the pokemon that appears. A lot of people have been asking about it. I'll look into it when I have the chance, which won't be for about 3 weeks.
Well, I want to add one, not edit the old one. Can I?

And
"How many entries does it have?"

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Just search for the description in advance-text and change it.

When I load my hack rom in vba, it's just a white screen. It started doing that recently
after I started hacking. Any help?

You crashed your ROM. Either that or the ROM was already screwed up when you downloaded it. Try finding a new ROM.

Years
Hi this is a shot in the dark so here goes.

I have managed to edit the script that oak takes you back to his lab and change so he takes me to a location on the map and I stay there but what do I add or edit to make that script repeat itself until I go to the lab.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hi this is a shot in the dark so here goes.

I have managed to edit the script that oak takes you back to his lab and change so he takes me to a location on the map and I stay there but what do I add or edit to make that script repeat itself until I go to the lab.
Code:
checkflag 0x[flagNumber]
if 0x1 goto @end

#org @end
release
end
Put that inside the script that prevents you from leaving.

Code:
setflag 0x[flagNumber]
Put that in Oaks script.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
Okay. I have no idea how to use a hex editor (i'm not sure if I even have one). Also, i did not use any outside colours. I'm 100% Sure i just copied the colours off of the old logo..

Gunna try the special text thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back