• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I'd like to reserve Buneary and Lopunny. And I'm going to make them Dark types. And I'm not sure about your specifications for the background, so you'll have to edit it to your needs.

Just keep the background colors that are on the files in the OP.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I would like to try my hand at this. Can I reserve Tentacool as Ice/Poison, which seems like an awesome combo in my opinion. It may take me a while since I'm kinda new, but I have been playing with graphics a bit and have a pretty neat design in mind.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I would like to try my hand at this. Can I reserve Tentacool as Ice/Poison, which seems like an awesome combo in my opinion. It may take me a while since I'm kinda new, but I have been playing with graphics a bit and have a pretty neat design in mind.

Be my guest! I'll put you up on the list.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
This is what I got right now. I am happy with this color pallette, and decided to add a horn. I was gonna add crystals out of his head, but couldn't find a good way to do it, settling on a single horn for now. I may make further changes to this, but for now I like it.

Years
I'll reserve Croagunk and Toxicroak, please.

Also, can you explain in further detail about the palette instructions? Some questions that would help others and I:

Are we allowed to change and use whatever colours we'd like as long as we stay under the 15 colour + black & white limit?

Can we assign the types to the retyped Pokemon to whatever we want?

Let's say I open the original sprite sheet on photoshop, essentially I am editing the sprites from there (like removing outlines, wings, colours and replacing them)?

Does the position of the Pokemon on the background matter?

How would one switch colours of the original colours?

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I like the color scheme, but we really need to figure out the right way to crystalize those head jellies. I'll give it a look later.
Oh and to answer the questions above:
1. You are allowed to use whatever colors you like.
2. You may select any type you'd like unless stated in the list in the OP.
3. It is preferable you edit from there, though it's possible to transfer a sprite over later (though this is not recommended)
4. Position does not matter as long as it does not cross the middle of the image, 80 pixels in.
5. This is a little more complex a question than I have the answer for, but I just change the colors in GraphicsGale which does all the work for me. If you're using photoshop though, make sure you're in indexed color mode and don't edit more than the top row of colors in the palette. This should be enough, and you can save the palette for use on the other set of sprites.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'll try some more tomorrow, but yeah, I really want crystals where those gems are. I can probably do it, I just need more time to work on it. I'll look at some other sprites to figure out a good way to do it, see what works and such.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Alright I actually just updated the OP with more comprehensive instructions on how to edit sprites appropriately in GG or PS

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I just thought I should double check that my Pallet change worked right. I did it exactly the way your instructions say, except I figured it out myself, so it should work just fine. But I thought I should ask you to be sure.

Also, why not just fighting on Aipom? It doesn't seem like it would need to be normal too, and that will just make it one of the only fighting types to be weak to itself.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I am doing Fire on Munchlax and Fire/Fighting on Snorlax

I have done Munchlax already(please note that I accidently used the Diamond sprite for the front one):

f7wLGFL.png
HtkAr95.png

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I am doing Fire on Munchlax and Fire/Fighting on Snorlax

I have done Munchlax already(please note that I accidently used the Diamond sprite for the front one):

f7wLGFL.png
HtkAr95.png

Unfortunately, because you didn't edit the sprites in the appropriate format, there's no actual way for me to salvage the palette information without basically redoing the sprite from scratch. The concept is solid though.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Unfortunately, because you didn't edit the sprites in the appropriate format, there's no actual way for me to salvage the palette information without basically redoing the sprite from scratch. The concept is solid though.

So what did I need to do to get this sprite selected

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
So what did I need to do to get this sprite selected

Well for starters I needed you to have based the edit off the Munchlax sprites found in the files in the OP. You also need to make sure that the background color of those sprites remains unchanged. There are more in-depth instructions in the OP.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Well for starters I needed you to have based the edit off the Munchlax sprites found in the files in the OP. You also need to make sure that the background color of those sprites remains unchanged. There are more in-depth instructions in the OP.

Ok I will remake that sprite.

I did it again:

y8Ivq9l.png

LEQWJ44.png

Last edited:

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
a3ywPtO.png

this is how a poisonous water type looks like. i can improve it later(im sleepy right now -.-), but it will look like this in like its basic form.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
a3ywPtO.png

this is how a poisonous water type looks like. i can improve it later(im sleepy right now -.-), but it will look like this in like its basic form.

It doesn't really need the gas coming from its mouth or nostrils IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back