The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Fan Fiction and Writing Writer's Lounge
What types of stories do you like to write?

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:08 AM).
(≧∇≦)/

Nature: Timid
I tend to lean towards comedy/humor with a bit of drama sprinkled in. Meanwhile, I'm not as good with stories involving a lot of action ):...writing descriptive action sequences tends to stump me, especially since I'm so picky haha. What about you guys? What do you feel is your strong point when it comes to writing?

pair family twin mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:41 PM).
Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
Even though I don't read romance that much a lot of my fics are on the romance side of things. I also like to write adventure-esque stories where characters get to travel to all kinds of places. I've people also comment how some of my fics are character study focused and well grounded.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:22 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Generally my stories tend towards the thriller and horror genres but I'm not adverse to drama, mystery, action or fantasy either. More often than not, outside of my main genres, I'll mix and match elements of different genres to create something I'm comfortable writing.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:50 AM).
Say it with me (Vray-gun)

I tend to stretch towards writing stories that have some length with a variety of attributes, but namely: comedy, action, tragedy, mystery, and adventure.

Generally, I tend to mix a lot of things in an overarching story that spans over specifics amounts of character.

“I’ve been to places I wouldn’t have visited before. I get to see different things, which is important. It gives me new experiences to draw from.” ~Hidetaka Miyazaki [creator of Bloodborne]
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:52 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by WilliG.

I like the thriller and horror genres. It's weird 'coz in high school I hated all those paper writings. We had to write at least 3 essays per month and it drove me crazy. I even applied to WriteMyEssayOnline service for help. They helped me a lot. But now I really like writing stories, it's probably my main hobby.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:08 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by EmeraldSky.
      Make the Colors in the Sky!

Nature: Relaxed
        I love me an epic adventure in a world filled with cool stuff to see, secrets and lore. Magic powers (and similar things) not required, but a plus. Music (and minstrel characters) are a definite way to get on my good side.

I also have a soft spot for goofy Looney Tunes'-esque slapstick.

Pokemon Moonlight Silver--a re-imagining of Johto, without all the filler.

Pokemon Shine Diamond
        --a retelling of the Shinou arc, without all the filler.

Pokemon Island Sun--a live episode by episode remix of the Alola arc as it airs, done as a collection of letters
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:24 PM).
        ! צדק צדק תרדוף

Nature: Calm
          Pretty much everything I write is either science fiction (mostly) or fantasy (sometimes). The world's rules as of right now kind of bore me, so I like to think up something in the near- or far-future where I can invent tech or other rules for the world as I like. I'm also a huge dystopia nut, so most of my stuff has some element of that (whether it's an outright dystopia or a dystopia hidden as a utopia). Post-apocalypse is always fun to write because you get to decide how the world ended up functioning after said apocalypse. For instance, I'm working on an original story right now (not a novel, just a story for fun in my spare time) that takes place after the planet's rotation stops (not tidally locked, though) and every six months the half of the planet that was in the sun exchanges their technology with the half that was in the dark (cooling and heating technology, respectively) as they pass into the six-month-long opposite of whatever they just experienced.

Like, how cool is it to get to write about stuff like that? That's why I love post-apocalypse sci-fi. There is so much you can do ... plus you get to spend hours watching Youtube videos of speculation of what would happen if X happened, or what will the sky look like in Y million years when we collide with Andromeda, etc. Speculation is so fun and that's why I love writing what I do.

Structure-wise, stream of consciousness is always fun to write. I liked writing it in second person before everyone and their grandmother started writing second-person, because people were fascinated by it, but now it's become the norm, at least on sites like Archive of Our Own. So now people think you're just trying to blend in or act cool or something and it's kind of lost its novelty and I don't enjoy it nearly as much anymore even though it's one of the easiest ways for me to write.
          Old 1 Week Ago (9:33 AM).
          Which is which?

Nature: Jolly
          Comedy for sure as my main preference. I've tried my hand at tragedy and slice-of-life, more serious tales too, but comedy ends up being the one I enjoy the most writing, I suppose.

Quick Reply