• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
I only fought with him once,in that house,when wanted to enter in Victory Road there was Solana and talked to her and she told me that he is waiting in her house so I went there and he was there and we had battle I won and when I went in Victory Road I could enter in Victory Road because Solana wasn't there anymore.Here's saved game if you want to:

Whoa, thanks a heap man. I just opened the files you gave me and I see that they end with SA1 and SG1 Do I rename those to SAV because I'm using gpsp for PSP. And I also see that you have a different ROM name. I may have the incomplete ROM, so can you upload yours? Sorry for asking for too much stuff.

Years
I only fought with him once,in that house,when wanted to enter in Victory Road there was Solana and talked to her and she told me that he is waiting in her house so I went there and he was there and we had battle I won and when I went in Victory Road I could enter in Victory Road because Solana wasn't there anymore.Here's saved game if you want to:

Whoa, thanks a heap man. I just opened the files you gave me and I see that they end with SA1 and SG1 Do I rename those to SAV because I'm using gpsp for PSP. And I also see that you have a different ROM name. I may have the incomplete ROM, so can you upload yours? Sorry for asking for too much stuff.

No problem,

Here: http://www.4shared.com/file/lGUl7qod/Pokemon_Light_Platinum__U_.html

Mirrors:
Mirror 1(2shared)
Mirror 2(Sendspace)
Mirror 3(Mediafire)

And file SG1. change that one to SAV. SA1,just leave that one how it is :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
After patching, I get the annoying white screen -.-
Help?
Tutorial How to Fix White Screen:
every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
4. open up gba header v1.0
5. click on the box under "filename:"
6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
8. click on copy header
9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
10. now click on copy
11. click on show header and click show
12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

MY 1st PROBLEM:
Im done beat all 8 Gym Leader, and now im ready to fight ELITE FOUR.
but after beat 1st ELITE FOUR, im stuck here. i cant go to next ELITE FOUR.
just arrow show me the way, but i cant go inside to the next.
For note:
im download rom and patch ALL from web.
then i try other people roms that work until finish but still stuck.
im so dissapointed if try again from beginning.
Please someone help me, or could someone help me past the elite four?
My Save File on My Wall Profile :(

MY 2nd PROBLEM:
Where is trade sytem? i want evolve my haunter :D

Last edited:
Years
Thanks
The ROM works on the gpsp emulator, but it gets the white screen on PC.

I also tried renaming "Pokemon Light platinum (U).sg1" to "Pokemon Light Platinum (U).sav", but it didn't recognize it.

Hmmm,I never played on PSP but I had white screen too on PC emulator,and I got another ROM and then I didn't had white screen.Sorry but only solution I know is that you try to search for another ROM. :(

Help the tutorial:

MY 1st PROBLEM:
For note:

MY 2nd PROBLEM:

Sorry I never had problem with Elite Four,When I beat 1st one I simply went on next one,and trade system is in Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Thanks
The ROM works on the gpsp emulator, but it gets the white screen on PC.

I also tried renaming "Pokemon Light platinum (U).sg1" to "Pokemon Light Platinum (U).sav", but it didn't recognize it.
White screen, can u see my tutorial above your post?
thats how fix white screen on PC. its totally works.
About sg1, i guest thats not work change to sav, because sg1 is shortcut save from VBA, not save file from Pokemon Roms its self. :)

Sorry I never had problem with Elite Four,When I beat 1st one I simply went on next one,and trade system is in Pokemon Center.
could you play my save game and pass it all ELITE FOUR?
thats just what i need, im so sad to play again, and to lazy play other people save game :( my save game in my wall profile. PLEASE :'(

in Pokemon Center? right side healer pokemon? but there isnt have any one. is that need to finish ELITE FOUR first??

Last edited:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
About sg1, i guest thats not work change to sav, because sg1 is shortcut save from VBA, not save file from Pokemon Roms its self. :)

could you play my save game and pass it all ELITE FOUR?
thats just what i need, im so sad to play again, and to lazy play other people save game :( my save game in my wall profile. PLEASE :'(

in Pokemon Center? right side healer pokemon? but there isnt have any one. is that need to finish ELITE FOUR first??

I don't think there is a trade system. In this game, you have in-game trades for all those pokemon.

In dardusk city there's a girl who trades you a haunter for a kirlia. The haunter will evolve to gengar

It's all in Wes's website, you people should srsly read it before asking stuff

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I don't think there is a trade system. In this game, you have in-game trades for all those pokemon.

In dardusk city there's a girl who trades you a haunter for a kirlia. The haunter will evolve to gengar

It's all in Wes's website, you people should srsly read it before asking stuff
I knew it, thats why im searching all over the city to find trade system.
Thats why i have thinking maybe trade system is hidden somewhere.
LoL.. sorry.
i see it before, but i didnt really get that pokemon.
To bad this roms didnt have it.
Thanks for the solution.

BTW could u help me with my stuck problem?? :)

Years
Tutorial How to Fix White Screen:

MY 1st PROBLEM:
For note:

MY 2nd PROBLEM:

You don't have to change header anymore because Snakebyte fixed that, you only need to download the right rom which is Pokemon Ruby v1.0 and patch it, I used Lunar ips and thats it. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2011
Focus Punch is the crappiest move I've ever used. I taught it to my pokemon to punch those rocks out of the way. Can I teach it something else or will I need focus punch to progress in the game?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
@Dodo and Whaku, thanks for the help, but nothings working for me. I'll just play the one Dodo gave me and start all over. Is pokemon Light platinum gba the one I can catch arceus on? If not, which game can I catch him on?

Anyway, since it took me 2 days to find the people to give me TM lava surf and TM Waterfall, I used codes to obtain them. And TM waterfall isn't in Drakebreathe's poke mart. Well, since I used codes to get through the game, I guess I changed the games history, lol. I'll do it all over again without codes this time...........only the Repel, Rare candy, and no random battle codes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023

Yea hey, I've got the white screen problem too, and your tutorial did not fix it at all.

Which version of pokemon do I need? (E) 1.1, (E) 1.2, (U) 1.0? (can't seem to find (E) 1.0 anywhere)

Oh, and after trying several times, the gbaheader tool just won't work anymore.. When I click on "Show" it just shows me an error in German.. :s

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Yea hey, I've got the white screen problem too, and your tutorial did not fix it at all.

Which version of pokemon do I need? (E) 1.1, (E) 1.2, (U) 1.0? (can't seem to find (E) 1.0 anywhere)

Oh, and after trying several times, the gbaheader tool just won't work anymore.. When I click on "Show" it just shows me an error in German.. :s

Just download the .gba file for wesley's website.

If you can't, the rom you need is ruby 1.0 (not regular ruby)!

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
I've seen alot of posts talking about his website, but never a link. What's his website?

And Also, is Pokemon Light Platinum gba the one I can catch Arceus on?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2016
is steelix meant to be fished out of route 505?? or is it found on the patch of grass nearby?

Back