• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Thanks. I take it some folks do try to get all of Vivillion forms just as side quest?

If you're an extreme kleptomaniac, maybe. Getting all the forms would also require getting the event Vivillion which I don't think you can get any more.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Out of curiosity, which forms are unavailable to due an event?

I think the only ones are the Fancy Pattern and Pokéball Pattern, those were the only events distributed. Not entirely sure though.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
Is there a specific breeding terminology for when someone purposely breeds ONLY to fill up their PC box- not for IV's, Ev's, egg moves, or shinies?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is there a specific breeding terminology for when someone purposely breeds ONLY to fill up their PC box- not for IV's, Ev's, egg moves, or shinies?
I don't think that there is, though you may wanna check the Trade Corner to be sure, since breeding's kinda their thing.

What do you need to fill up boxes for though?

Are there really no Gastly's in X or Y? How does one get one?
The only way to get Gastly in X/Y is to breed a Haunter or Gengar (Haunter can be caught on the route just south of Lavarre), or from a trade.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
I don't think that there is, though you may wanna check the Trade Corner to be sure, since breeding's kinda their thing.

What do you need to fill up boxes for though?

The only way to get Gastly in X/Y is to breed a Haunter or Gengar (Haunter can be caught on the route just south of Lavarre), or from a trade.

Wonder trading, of course!

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
Diancite in Y?

So I recently traded for a Diancie, and was told by my friend, the one I traded with, that a special event should trigger in the Pokémon Center, and I should get Diancite, but this never happened. So he tried trade me a Pokémon holding the Mega Stone but it couldn't get through. How do I obtain this thing? Thanks in advance.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So I recently traded for a Diancie, and was told by my friend, the one I traded with, that a special event should trigger in the Pokémon Center, and I should get Diancite, but this never happened. So he tried trade me a Pokémon holding the Mega Stone but it couldn't get through. How do I obtain this thing? Thanks in advance.
Moved your question into our Q&A thread.

Diance's mega stone isn't available in X/Y actually. It only exists in ORAS. So in order to get Diancite you have to send it to ORAS and then the Pokemon Center thing will trigger.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
OK, thanks. I figured as much, explains why my friend can't battle me with his Primal/Mega Pokémon (Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, etc.) Kinda glad because without those items, he'll never beat me in a battle. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
So this may or may not be a quick help question, but can i get a quick explination of the point of natures and abilities that have been added over the years? As if being explained to a casual player and one that hasnt played since crystal. As one of the things preventing me from enjoying Y is all these new featues added since crystal.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
So this may or may not be a quick help question, but can i get a quick explination of the point of natures and abilities that have been added over the years? As if being explained to a casual player and one that hasnt played since crystal. As one of the things preventing me from enjoying Y is all these new featues added since crystal.

Abilities are little quirks each pokémon has, like being able to power up certain types of moves when you're low on HP (aka every starter ever). What ability a pokémon has depends on the species, and each species has two or three different abilities that can be chosen at random.

Natures are chosen at random and raise/lower certain stats, for example a pokémon with the Adamant nature has higher Attack but lower Special Attack than normal.

Hope I was of help =3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Thank you striderviper, that helps me out some, though i think itll still take a while to learn all of this. I have another, some moves in the description will say raises X bye one stage. What does this mean in terms of stage, how exactly can i use this to my advantage? (currently only my braixen has flame charge with something like this for speed but speed is already max.)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thank you striderviper, that helps me out some, though i think itll still take a while to learn all of this. I have another, some moves in the description will say raises X bye one stage. What does this mean in terms of stage, how exactly can i use this to my advantage? (currently only my braixen has flame charge with something like this for speed but speed is already max.)
"One stage" equals a 50% boost. So if your Braxien has like 60 Speed and then uses Flame Charge, it's Speed will increase to 90 until it switches out or it's Speed gets lowered. You can boost up to 6 stages for a maximum 300% increase. Stat decreases go the same way but the stat can be lowered to a minimum of 25% (iirc) of it's original value.

But yeah, since you haven't played much since Gen 2 it's gonna take a while to understand all the changes (since there's been a LOT of changes in the 4 generations since then), but you'll have it down eventually.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
so when i see things like defense lowered or attack raised sharply, does that mean its doing a change by 1 stage as well? or is this something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back