• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Levels Above 100

Years
I apologize for the bump, but how hasn't this gotten more attention? And I see talk about expanding the level cap further than 255?!?! I assume you'd need to do some serious changes to the code for that one correct?

255 is a maximum value one byte can have. Whenever a lvl appears in the pokemon gba memory it's treated as one byte. To change that, you'd need to modify a TON of opcodes to correctly read and write levels.
Why would you want to go further than 255 tho? Seems like an overkill to me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
255 is a maximum value one byte can have. Whenever a lvl appears in the pokemon gba memory it's treated as one byte. To change that, you'd need to modify a TON of opcodes to correctly read and write levels.
Why would you want to go further than 255 tho? Seems like an overkill to me.
Yeah. I'm not sure why anyone wants to go past 255. it would be interesting to see it as a proof of concept though. Great work on expanding the max levels though. How's progress for FR?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Very good work, never seeing this before :D

Is it possible to use this on a german version of emerald?
And is it possible to cap the level to 250 and not 255? (250 looks better :D )

Edit: Dont work :o is this normal? http://prntscr.com/dav1g5

Last edited:
Years
Very good work, never seeing this before :D

Is it possible to use this on a german version of emerald?
And is it possible to cap the level to 250 and not 255? (250 looks better :D )

Edit: Dont work :o is this normal? http://prntscr.com/dav1g5

1. It's made with English Emerald in mind. You'd have to change the offsets to make it work on a German rom.
2. Yeah, see the bytereplacement file, it has all the level caps.
3. Damn, ehh...There seems to be a problem with the python script. What python version you have? It should be 3.5. And what operating system you have?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Ohh, I forgott to delete my old python version, now its working fine :)

for Nr1., I guess I need to change everything in the "BPEE.ld" ? I guess its impossible for me with no knowledge in this area haha {D:} or is it easier as thought?

Years
Ohh, I forgott to delete my old python version, now its working fine :)

for Nr1., I guess I need to change everything in the "BPEE.ld" ? I guess its impossible for me with no knowledge in this area haha {D:} or is it easier as thought?

Theoretically, it should be enough, but I don't know if the general function layout is the same in both versions(probably is). As for finding the corresponding offsets, well, can't help you with that. You'd have to reverse-engineer German Rom.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Thx for the info :)

And how can I give trainers pokemon over lv100? Advance Trainer only allow up to lv 100

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Thx for the info :)

And how can I give trainers pokemon over lv100? Advance Trainer only allow up to lv 100
Don't use advance trainer. Not only is it malware infected, it won't allow over lv 100 pokes.

He didn't mention anything about trainers being capable of going past 100 but if any tool can do it, UTE would be the tool you're looking for.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
advance trainer is malware infected? :o I use this programm a realy long time :o

And oh, did anyone try to give a trainer a 100+ pokemon? I hope its works.

What does "UTE" mean? whats the full name?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
advance trainer is malware infected? :o I use this programm a realy long time :o

And oh, did anyone try to give a trainer a 100+ pokemon? I hope its works.

What does "UTE" mean? whats the full name?

Untitled Trainer Editor, one of Jambo's tools. It should be in the tools section.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey I noticed this modification breaks compatibility with any save editors out there. I tried opening a new save with a level 5 pokemon and it came up with a bad egg in A-Save. I wonder why that is? Can someone else confirm this? Maybe it's just me?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
So I tried to give a trainer a 100+ pokemon with UTE but the program changed the number of the level automatic to 100 after you klick somewhere.

So is it possible to give a 100+ to a trainer?

Years
It would be nice if a moderator could close this thread. I made another thread with a better implementation of it(along with other cool features).

Back