• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An unnamed "Comic" series

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
This is just my quickly-drawn "comic" series. It isn't intended to be serious nor quality art. I'm just making these partially because I enjoy it and in hopes of giving the views at least a smirk.

If you feel like giving feedback, that would be nice. But I'm also happy just to see the amount of views go up. Even a "like" for this post will show me that people do enjoy reading this, which may result in faster updates (after all, what's the use in updating something only a few people like?). (;

View attachment 66856

View attachment 66857

[Page 3 is being redrawn due to multiple negative posts toward it. I'll put it up when I update.]

View attachment 66859

View attachment 66860

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! I think your little comic strip tells more about you than you think (and that's a good thing)!

To start, I had no problem viewing your images! Second, that kitty is adorable it's killing me x_x;;

Very cute comic strip you've got here. It's not highly developed or super intellectual (nor do I think it's supposed to be) but I think you've touched on a subject that we've all thought at one point or another in a sardonic and funny way. It's quick, precise, and too the point-- making it an easy read and nonetheless enjoyable. I'm somewhat of an amateur comic books artist myself, and while your comic is just for fun, you actually have a really good eye for placement and continuity.

I'd love to see a fully fledged out version of this and any other comics you have to share! ;D Well done!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Hey there! I think your little comic strip tells more about you than you think (and that's a good thing)!

To start, I had no problem viewing your images! Second, that kitty is adorable it's killing me x_x;;

Very cute comic strip you've got here. It's not highly developed or super intellectual (nor do I think it's supposed to be) but I think you've touched on a subject that we've all thought at one point or another in a sardonic and funny way. It's quick, precise, and too the point-- making it an easy read and nonetheless enjoyable. I'm somewhat of an amateur comic books artist myself, and while your comic is just for fun, you actually have a really good eye for placement and continuity.

I'd love to see a fully fledged out version of this and any other comics you have to share! ;D Well done!

Thank you very much (:
Yes, the unintellectual factor is intended. Serious humor isn't quite as fun, in my opinion.

I appreciate the reply; I honestly expected to come here to see no views or replies. So this was a nice surprise. Currently, there are no other decent ones finished. I have to finish a few more pages, then I'll be able to post a new set. The "theme" for this will be Gen V vs Gen I. Starts off as defending Gen V and results in confusion over what Ditto is based on. (;

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm surprised when anybody posts in anyone's gallery. Why is it so dead out here? I think the reason is there's a silent majority of people who see them, but don't have anything to add. I'd be one of them, except I feel it can be discouraging if artists feel as if no one cares, so I try to speak up.

I like the idea behind the comic too, I got a laugh out of setting bombs under the christmas tree. Sounds like a tinfoil hat sort of theory.

Your expressions are clear, and that's a good start. When you're doing comics, two things you'll want to get good at is staging and posing. I'm still kinda blah when it comes to staging, myself (I focus on characters so much sometimes that I just get lazy with the BG), but I try to keep it in mind.

Anyhow, just something to consider depending on where you wanna take it. I know you said these are unserious and just for fun, but sometimes the curiousity of seeing how far you can take your capabilities is its own kind of fun, just stay true to your style. That's why I bring it up. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm surprised when anybody posts in anyone's gallery. Why is it so dead out here? I think the reason is there's a silent majority of people who see them, but don't have anything to add. I'd be one of them, except I feel it can be discouraging if artists feel as if no one cares, so I try to speak up.

I like the idea behind the comic too, I got a laugh out of setting bombs under the christmas tree. Sounds like a tinfoil hat sort of theory.

Your expressions are clear, and that's a good start. When you're doing comics, two things you'll want to get good at is staging and posing. I'm still kinda blah when it comes to staging, myself (I focus on characters so much sometimes that I just get lazy with the BG), but I try to keep it in mind.

Anyhow, just something to consider depending on where you wanna take it. I know you said these are unserious and just for fun, but sometimes the curiousity of seeing how far you can take your capabilities is its own kind of fun, just stay true to your style. That's why I bring it up. :)
I also have noticed how dead it is around here, though I usually am around the Off-Topic area (I mostly come here to check my thread).

Thank you (:
I'll give that a shot. I'm currently hiding out on the computer while my family watches TV, so I think I'll try that now. Not as a comic for posting, though...just as a test.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
dbp said:
This. Pretty much what I feel too. At least you posted, though! The next sentence is really reassuring. <3;

⊗Slenderman⊗ said:
I also have noticed how dead it is around here, though I usually am around the Off-Topic area (I mostly come here to check my thread).
That's a little selfish of you, ain't it? ;A; You want this section to be more active and expect to receive more feedback but you mostly come here to check on your own thread. Why not post in threads of other artist like you? I'm sure they'll be glad to hear what you have to say pertaining to their works! Short comments are fine too! Just say you like/dislike their works and elaborate a bit as to why you do so - if you and other artists do that I'm sure you'll see it being a lot more active than it is now. :3

--------

As for your work, I really like the dialogues. The art could be a little more detailed but I think that ain't what you're going for. Cat's expressions are pretty nice too. But I think you messed up a bit on her mouth in the third pic. It just looks a little weird there. :p All in all, some really funny and cute work here. Would love to see more of it! :]

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I see what you mean, but it's not like I just view art and leave. I don't visit other threads, for the most part. Mainly because there's rarely anything "new" and when there is, it's locked because the person didn't post enough pieces of art there. T: Besides, I don't "expect feedback". On the last forum I posted my art, it would be knocked off the front page before receiving any replies whatsoever. People there only would reply to the "popular" artists. I've received 3 replies in 3 days, and I'm happy with that.

Thanks. Yeah, this is made partially because I enjoy drawing in this style. So it's going to look messy.

derozio

Years
Rarely anything new? Are you being serious here? I can name a few names on top of my heads who pretty much try their best to update their gallery as much as they can and actually do update it almost every time they receive a comment. Alexail, Cid and myself, to name a few. There's Cirno too (just because she isn't posting much these days owing to her busy schedule doesn't mean she will always be like that), if you wanna talk about traditional artists rather than graphic artists. As for locked threads, most people whose thread get locked DO make a thread again in a day or two. The guy whose thread I closed the other day is probably the only single person who didn't make a gallery again. But 80-90% people do. There's no shortage of threads where you can comment on, really. If you don't have the will to do it, please don't blame others by saying "threads get locked", "no new stuff" etc.

But seriously, why do you think people stop updating or there's "no new stuff", as you said? It is because Artists post their stuff to be viewed by others and to receive feedback. If there's no feedback, nobody would bother updating their galleries. Why would they? They'd think nobody gives a damn and just stop bothering with their galleries altogether. They've got better stuff to do than to post in galleries like retards where nobody gives a damn about their works. You see, this forum doesn't really have a super active art section. We're trying our best to make it as active as possible. There are a lot of artists that put up their works on display and there are a lot of people who see their work. It is just that there's a shortage of people who actually comment in threads. That is the root cause of inactivity. If you're gonna post a thread, expect two three replies and be happy when the number of replies surpass your expectations completely ignoring ALL the other threads in the process, it won't do the section any good. It won't really hurt if you, once in a blue moon, comment in other artists' threads, would it? You, as an artist, should know better than anyone else how happy an artist can be when their work gets recognized by others and get commented on. It brings a smile on their face - happens at least with me!

And I didn't mean to criticize your style. It is pretty goddamn good. The cat's face and her expressions in almost every pic have been captured brilliantly by you. But I didn't get that feeling in the third pic. So I said what I thought. Seriously, didn't mean to offend you or anything, you know. :p

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Yeah, I was going to stay out of this, as I don't want to drag it further off topic, but...

On the last forum I posted my art, it would be knocked off the front page before receiving any replies whatsoever. People there only would reply to the "popular" artists.

Yeah, I get that. In fact, I'm kind of surprised PC's art section isn't all that lively, because (and I don't know how long the mods for this section today have been here) I remember many many years ago, not only was it more energetic, but it used to be just like that. I couldn't get a word in edgewise, and I was doing stuff at the time no one else was. And then the popular artists wouldn't even talk to you if you were new. It didn't give me a very good perception of PC (or Pokemon artists in general) back then, but fortunately it's seemed like that's all changed, so whatever happened, at least everyone gets a fair chance.

Actually, I remember when this fan base was a bit more devisive overall. We had more disagreements with fewer generations than we all do now with more, but I really think that's because everyone around my age grew up and calmed down (and we're no longer the only ones), ahaha. Plus, I think we all like Pokemon more on a nostalgic/childhood shaping level than as something to get defensive about, and it kind of brings us all together somehow.

So yeah, historical information aside, I can see your point of view. Favoritism sucks, and too much of it begins to warp your perception of communities. Trust me, I've been there. But as I've gotten older, I've learned you can't make your judgments on all things based on the worst kind of people (or the most ungrateful, or the most whatever). And if you see it happening, challenge yourself to be the opposite, even if spite's your motivator. Think they're deserving artists that aren't getting enough praise for their hard work? Let them know you appreciate what they do. Afterall, they didn't have to go out of their way to do it. No one has to do anything outside of eat, sleep, breathe and maybe one other thing. There needs to be an established motivator in order to do anything else. It's different for each person, but most artists like to know they aren't just tossing their ideas into the wind.

So, with that, I'd have to agree with Derozio, and I'd suggest taking what was said into real consideration. I believe you always reap what you sow, even if the rewards aren't always immediate. Just be thoughtful and considerate to everybody, that's all. :) Oh, yeah, and be aware of topics that are older than two months and haven't been had their galleries updated.

Aw man, sorry for lecturing. I really just meant to say I understand both sides and perceptions, at least as best as I can from my own experiences. So, yeah, uh... post new stuff when you can. :P

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Great arceus long replies. I don't want to skim and get something wrong, though.

@Derozio-
Look, I don't study every single thread to know exactly when someone updates. I rarely come here, but wanted to at least attempt to give a few people a laugh. I never complained about a lack of replies; as I said, this is certainly more than the last forum I posted my art on. I'm not sure how this has turned into what I see as an argument...?

@Dpb
Ah.
I just joined here in November (Thanksgiving day, I believe), so I wasn't around to see the older stuff that happened here. This is the first thread I even posted in the Art & Design forum, mostly because I don't have enough decent art to make a gallery. T:

The new update is finished (has been for a couple of days, actually). I don't know when I'll post it, but I assume I will eventually. Perhaps later tonight or tomorrow.

derozio

Years
Well, if our discussion seemed like an argument to you, I suggest we just leave it at that. I see you posting in other threads so..we don't really need to talk more on this topic anyway. :p Glad you decided to do that, really.

And yeah, really looking forward to your updates!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I do understand your point of view. I was just being oversensitive on the matter.

Thanks (: I'm eating breakfast at the moment (more like being on PC and listening to music with a bit of eating here and there), but I'll try to update later today. I just need to redraw page 3.

Edit-- I just tried to draw it (usually takes under 10 minutes per page), but my digital art tablet is being glitchy and sort of freezes when I try to draw. I'll give it a shot later...it's breaking and kind of unpredictable whether or not it wants to work.

Last edited:
Back