Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #376    
Old February 18th, 2016 (10:42 PM).
azurile13 azurile13 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Hussain View Post
Touch and FBI, if you have completely given up on the project then at least update it to the latest progress you have done so it can be used. Also i know that you have fixed ledge and biking issues but i wanted to point that FBI once made a hack tutorial on how to reduce bike speed to normal walk speed. How this can be useful would be that you could develop a work around that if a follow me script sprite is following then the bytes of the bike speed would be changed and reverted back once its over( i dont know how flexably this can be used)

Thanks in advance
On Touched's GitHub, a link to which is in the OP.
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #377    
Old February 19th, 2016 (6:53 AM).
M.Hussain's Avatar
M.Hussain M.Hussain is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurile13 View Post
On Touched's GitHub, a link to which is in the OP.
Azurile i know that there is github. It hasnt been updated since over an year or so. Thats what i am asking, to update it
__________________
“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S

Image by Effex graphics
Reply With Quote
  #378    
Old February 19th, 2016 (12:20 PM).
Touched's Avatar
Touched Touched is offline
Resident ASMAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Hussain View Post
Azurile i know that there is github. It hasnt been updated since over an year or so. Thats what i am asking, to update it
This is the new one, but it has literally no way for you to control it via scripts. I'm pretty sure it will also be challenging for a newbie to insert it. I don't really have the time or motivation to update this, but at least it's better than the first one and more readable.
__________________
My Emerald IDB
Knizz's FireRed IDB
I will ASMentor people who exhibit enough enthusiASM. Join the Discord to become an ASMentee.
Reply With Quote
  #379    
Old March 15th, 2016 (9:15 AM).
BremFM BremFM is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
Can you write a quick explanation on how to implement this?
Reply With Quote
  #380    
Old September 12th, 2016 (12:08 PM).
YoungStaa87 YoungStaa87 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BremFM View Post
Can you write a quick explanation on how to implement this?
Sorry for bumping this tread.

I can't understand that there is nobody in this community who can write a small tutorial, for people like me, how to insert this great feature.

It's a shame that at least nobody is interested in this feature.

Sorry if i wrote something not correctly, english is not my mother-tongue.
Reply With Quote
  #381    
Old September 13th, 2016 (7:51 AM).
Lunos's Avatar
Lunos Lunos is offline
Uruguayan Random Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungStaa87 View Post
Sorry for bumping this tread.

I can't understand that there is nobody in this community who can write a small tutorial, for people like me, how to insert this great feature.

It's a shame that at least nobody is interested in this feature.

Sorry if i wrote something not correctly, english is not my mother-tongue.
Just think about having to add all those OWs, for all those Pokemons, not even counting the possibility of expanded pokemons, and that could be a valid reason as to why nobody cares about this in a serious way ala Game Freak with HG/SS.
Also, is the amount of OWs expandable to such extend anyways?

Sure, it's not only applicable to Pokemons, but in other situations you can just script tile X OWs with some Applymovements on a Map and that would be a fairly easy "Follow Me".
__________________
I've tried to support so many hacks, that i've broken up the rules, i'm such an awesome fan D:
Reply With Quote
  #382    
Old September 15th, 2016 (1:50 PM).
64smashmaster3ds's Avatar
64smashmaster3ds 64smashmaster3ds is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
Just think about having to add all those OWs, for all those Pokemons, not even counting the possibility of expanded pokemons, and that could be a valid reason as to why nobody cares about this in a serious way ala Game Freak with HG/SS.
Also, is the amount of OWs expandable to such extend anyways?

Sure, it's not only applicable to Pokemons, but in other situations you can just script tile X OWs with some Applymovements on a Map and that would be a fairly easy "Follow Me".
For my hack I was only planning for one Pokemon overworld with that feature in Emerald which is an important feature for my remake.
Reply With Quote
  #383    
Old September 16th, 2016 (4:37 AM).
Touched's Avatar
Touched Touched is offline
Resident ASMAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64smashmaster3ds View Post
For my hack I was only planning for one Pokemon overworld with that feature in Emerald which is an important feature for my remake.
Unfortunately, I doubt this will ever make it to Emerald. No one has even bothered to pick up from where I left off in the FireRed version, so I doubt anyone will bother porting to Emerald.
__________________
My Emerald IDB
Knizz's FireRed IDB
I will ASMentor people who exhibit enough enthusiASM. Join the Discord to become an ASMentee.
Reply With Quote
  #384    
Old 1 Week Ago (10:31 AM).
juankio juankio is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
How do you insert this into rom
Reply With Quote
  #385    
Old 1 Week Ago (7:01 PM).
FBI's Avatar
FBI FBI is offline
Free supporter
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unknown Island
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by juankio View Post
How do you insert this into rom
Install python35 and devkitarm. Run the python scripts in the scripts folder.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:21 PM.