• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I mean I downloaded that beta 1.3 last july also from this thread, I already finished the elite four round 2 (I think that's already the end of this game). So, you mean the changes were only the bugs and some sprites?

Maybe I'll just have to check it myself.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hey I just started playing your hack and you've done great job with the sprites, new moves, and the addition of the physical/special split :) I was just wondering if Eevee is obtainable in this game? I was planning on getting an Espeon. Also, have you considered giving Blaziken the speed boost ability? o:

-Renton

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I mean I downloaded that beta 1.3 last july also from this thread, I already finished the elite four round 2 (I think that's already the end of this game). So, you mean the changes were only the bugs and some sprites?

Okay I looked over my files and there never was a beta 1.3. There was beta 0.3, which was private, and public 1.3, which was never posted on Pokecommunity and is over a year old. There is also public 1.13, which is not the same as 1.3- you can see the changelogs after it on the last page. Seriously, everything that's changed is on page 7.

I was just wondering if Eevee is obtainable in this game? I was planning on getting an Espeon. Also, have you considered giving Blaziken the speed boost ability? o:

Eevee is not obtainable, as it consumes a lot of slots, does nothing interesting in later gens, and has evolutions that I wasn't able to implement when I started this. Blaziken intentionally does not have Speed Boost- it's more than powerful enough without it and would be blatantly overpowered with it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Eevee is not obtainable, as it consumes a lot of slots, does nothing interesting in later gens, and has evolutions that I wasn't able to implement when I started this. Blaziken intentionally does not have Speed Boost- it's more than powerful enough without it and would be blatantly overpowered with it.

Hm, alright that's fully understandable thanks for the response! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Sorry for the double post but I'm having another issue in the game I'm hoping you can clear up with me. How does Murkrow evolve? Because I checked your "misc" notes and it says via moon stone however, whenever I try to use it is says "no use". My Murkrow is currently level 27 so if it is based on leveling up instead please let me know as I really want a Honchkrow lol.

-Renton

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
It's by level-up at 37. The pokemon stats doc is a bit out of date as it was compiled by hand.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
It's by level-up at 37. The pokemon stats doc is a bit out of date as it was compiled by hand.
Oh alright well thanks for the clarification :) btw, I currently picked up a scyther and it was carrying the ability technician. I evolved it into Scizor but it doesn't seem to be doing the boosted damage it should. Is technician the same in this game or is it just in my head lol.

P.S Does Scizor learn bullet punch or bug buzz? because I checked his movepool and it says Bullet Punch is learned at level 1...lol im guessing that's incorrect since you said the misc notes were inaccurate but my scizor is currently level 31 which I caught in the Safari Zone as a Scyther as mentioned earlier. Sorry for these questions, I just really want to take advantage with his ability and the physical/special gen split in this game lol.

-Renton

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Scizor actually does get Bullet Punch at level 1- this means it requires the relearner's services to learn the move. He's in Cinnabar if you missed him.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Technician as it was indeed bugged- fix is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lmjttmeouah8a/YetAnotherFRHackv1.16.zip

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Hello, I'm a new member of this Community. I would like to ask about a hack called 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack.' I'm a bit disappointed that I cannot go pass through this area, since my screen turns black whenever I talk with this individual in Victory Road. Please help ASAP! (>_<). I'm really enjoying the hack but got stuck in a brick wall due to this issue.
Thanks in advance.
P.S: How do I post pictures to specifically show what I want to show.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 17, 2015
hey can i ask you something? why can't i switch pokemon in a trainer's battle? pls reply me soon. thank you :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
@dungpham1997

Yeah, I had the same question as well, when I first played the game, which was a couple of days ago. But then, I realized that not being able to switch Pokemon after defeating an opponent(s) Pokemon has been disabled, due to the reason, well supposedly after reading the previous posts in this Community is part of the challenge of the hack. Hope my response helped you in anyway.

PS: I'm playing v1.15 at the moment.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hey I am new here :) please to meet you all anyways , Doesnt i played your hack it was wonderful and i for one didnt encounter any glitches loved the physical and special split well off to my question so i was modding you hack ofcourse for my own use only as i am new to hacking i have had troubles anyways i have made scripts added the sprites and all but now what i cant seem to do is change habitats of pokemon is it possible ?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
@DoestKnowHowToPlay,

Thank you for replying, and yeah I got pass through that issue, :3.

Oh I'm sorry if I'm going to ask another question but, how do you get Genesect in 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack'?

Thanks in advance, :3.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Scizor actually does get Bullet Punch at level 1- this means it requires the relearner's services to learn the move. He's in Cinnabar if you missed him.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Technician as it was indeed bugged- fix is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6lmjttmeouah8a/YetAnotherFRHackv1.16.zip

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I just taught my Scizor Bullet Punch thanks, now I shall crush my foes with the new fix >:) lolol but before I do, how do I patch this new version? do I just patch over the game as it is now or do I need another Fire Red base rom?

P.S I found another minor bug in the game, its not a huge deal but when Stunkfish is caught, his data appears to be Torchic's, just wanted to let you know :s

-Renton

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
@Renton Thurston,

You'll need another new clean Fire Red file for the new patch. Now, if you want to load your old file, you'll have to rename your old file the same as your new PYAFRH rom. For example:

New File: Pokemon YFRA. Old save file: Pokemon YetAnotherFireRed
Old save file ------------> Pokemon YFRA.

For the new save file, since it's from an previous version, you'll have to manually go to:

File
- Load
- Open Pokemon YFRA (save file, not GBA file).

After this, you can go back to saving it normally like, 'Shift+F1.' Then save it in the actual game.

Hope my response helps you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Check the item notes and it doesnt look like it but did you put in the rocky helmet?

Back