• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If that's the case here's hoping they're setting up updates for when Corocoro is officially released. Doesn't really sound like from what you described that they'd be doing anything else.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I'm really eager for this corocoro. On their website they have a video that mentions X and Y, but that doesn't mean much. I couldn't understand what it said, I just saw "X" and "Y" at some point in the video. Hopefully we get something. I just want some sort of new info. About Sylveon, it just doesn't look like a dragon, but it could be any type really. Who knows.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Still no CoroCoro leaks; I thought it would arrive after I came back from college. Do the leaks always have to arrive on the 12th rather than being leaked on the 11th once in a while?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I still a little early time-wise for them to have leaked over there, so maybe by tomorrow morning we'll see them up!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah it'll be in around 12 hours I'd say. Or maybe not. Sylveon got leaked during the day, aka around now so who knows :x

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Still no CoroCoro leaks; I thought it would arrive after I came back from college. Do the leaks always have to arrive on the 12th rather than being leaked on the 11th once in a while?

I think it really depends. They dont always leak on the 12th. I think it's generally around the 10th-12th but this dosent always happen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

They generally pop up between the 11th annd 15th in Japan. Currently its the 12th for Japan, but since its still early in the day leaks may not appear until early morning on the 12th for those in the US. Later on in the afternoon/night for anyone in Australia or in the UK area.

Yesterday was earliest they could appear. Today was day 2. Still 2 more before legal release. So we still have 2 more days for leaks.

Pokemon.com finally finished updating and seems like nothing up unless they are doing a delayed revealing. Upload early and then enable for viewing later.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Actually wouldn't it be 3 days before legal release considering it's coming out on the 15th in Japan? Either way as mentioned by Xander before we'll likely get something from the website one day before. Hope it's large, like the reveal of Gigalith, triple battles, etc. during BW's release. Maybe even the device...however irc devices tend to come out after the regional announcement which we have yet to see. Hope the region is larger than GS Johto and BW Unova.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually wouldn't it be 3 days before legal release considering it's coming out on the 15th in Japan? Either way as mentioned by Xander before we'll likely get something from the website one day before. Hope it's large, like the reveal of Gigalith, triple battles, etc. during BW's release. Maybe even the device...however irc devices tend to come out after the regional announcement which we have yet to see. Hope the region is larger than GS Johto and BW Unova.

13 and 14 are the last two days before official release, then its not a leak XD. Today is the 12th so I don't usually count the current day XD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm expecting it probably early morning for the USA on the 13th honestly. Although Sylveon got leaked right about now last issue I doubt it'll happen again that early.

Years
I always count the current day, if not than my math on the dates gets all messed up xD
It's possible we may not even get new info according to Aerilyn's post in the new Corocoro trend :( If true than we got to wait another month, or until the site updates. Hopefully if there really is no news in the new one than they'll be kind to update the site with new info sometime during the wait...if not than prepare to talk about Sylveon's type for another whole month...

Years
To be honest I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'll be after first reading that. I guess one get's used to GF's hype machine afterawhile...

So does anyone think we may get another shiny beasts/Celebi like event in these games like what happened in BW?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh come on! Unnerve Mewtwo?! I know there could and should be more, but just leaking that is mean :( I guessbwe have to wait for the usual leakers to be certain. I guess its a sign though, somebody is getting a forme....

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Bulldoze with 15PP, but raise it to 80 in terms of power. I need to reign terror the right way, not with a mere 60. Would also love to see Solarbeam getting nerfed with rainy weather.

We do need better implementation of the weather system, especially outside of battle. I also think that someone mentioned (was it here or in the RSE thread, since I frequent that, too?) that they want weather effects to leave evidence behind when new conditions take effect. (Hey, wait, here's another thought: if they ever bring back the 'Follow Me' feature, even it is just for the Hoenn remake or Amity Square in the promised D/P/Pt remake, then it should leave evidence behind, too…i.e.: Nurse Joy could say, "Come back here and apologize about having your Diglett messing up my floor!")

As for hail, maybe sun-based moves can be nerfed... somehow.

Like, Solarbeam having less power? I mean, moves like Moonlight and Synthesis works depending on the sun, maybe Solarbeam can work the same way.

Wait, …doesn't Moonbeam depend on moonlight…at night?

I believe the reason why it went back to having a 60% accuracy in Platinum was because the 70% actually made it too OP for everyone to use.

Why don't we just ask GameFreak to make Bulldoze's accuracy 65% and call it a day?

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Wait, …doesn't Moonbeam depend on moonlight…at night?

Well, Moonlight is actually created from the sun. It reflects the light. Hence why Moonlight's effectiveness increases when it's sunny.

Anyway, are there still more CoroCoro pages to leak? Maybe we'll see something more there? Even if new X&Y news is small... it's still news!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
We also need stronger ghost type moves, iicr, Shadow ball is the strongest excluding Shadow Force.

Hem, hem:

Two words: 'Shadow Vortex.' See my sig.

Although this could be a Dark-type move as well…hey, haven't some people (including, I admit, myself) been discussing the possibility of dual typing for moves somewhere else in the forums?

I don't think Pokemon needs a new Type. I don't think a new Type will be added. Light-Type just seems redundant. However, one video I saw suggested a "Fairy-Type". This would include all the "Pink Balloon" Pokemon like Blissey, Jigglypuff, and other pokemon with "fairy" as their species.

Normal-Type today is already divided into 2 main groups. Animal pokemon, and misfit pokemon. How is Porygon a "Normal Type? Exactly what is NORMAL about a pokemon made of Data that shoots electric and psychic attacks?

So, I think there is genuine design space for Normal Type to be split into 2 distinct types. Normal-Type would become the home on ACTUAL Normal animals like Lilipup and Ratatta. (there is nothing normal about Joey's Ratatta. He's in like, the top percentile of ratattas.) The New Type would be the official Hodge-podge-Type that Normal is currently. Filled with bizarre things like Porygon, Likitunge, Jigglypuff and others.

(people say Likitunge is a chameleon. I disagree. The thing is pink and made of rubber and look like no Earthly creature. It is not Normal to be pink and inflatable.)

Kecleon's the chameleon, but Lickitung reminds me somewhat of a fat, pink Yoshi. As for Porygon, why isn't he an Electirc-and-Psychic typed Pokémon or something like that? And fairy-like Pokémon already have a category: The Fairy Egg Group.

Yeah some stronger Ghost and Dark moves would be nice, oh and ice as well, none of the other ice moves except for ice beam seem to be close to Blizzard in BP, not counting Kyurem's signature moves. And there's no 100 BP or higher physical ice move either, again not counting Black Kyurem's signature move. If we had some stronger ice moves Dragon can be kept in better check and thus the arguement that Dragon is broken and we need a new type would fall (more) apart.

We could always use more Dragon/Ice-type Pokémon (oh, why aren't there any before Kyurem! I want one with which to beast Clair in SoulSilver!)

I don't think Fighting type attacks make sense, but allowing more Fire moves to let you out would definitely be cool.

Um…have you ever heard of a pick-axe?

…Later:

When that happens I just get confused in general, since if you're actually frozen you can't move at all, which was my thinking against Fighting types breaking the freeze condition. Honestly I'd just like to see all damaging fire type attacks unfreeze yourself without your opponent having to do it for you.

Oh, wait: a pick-axe won't work if it's frozen inside the ice with me…sigh; I guess I'll just have to shiver myself out of this mess?!?

Nah, I want France to happen as is. Each country of Europe is too homogenous and diverse to cramp all in one region, and I fully expect a couple of regions to come out of the continent. The US didn't simply because while the east coast might be different from the midlands and the west coast, the country in general is the same in terms of culture, society and history,, where as Europe is 2000+ years of history for each country. A lot of different mythologies as well that can be a basis, is another factor.

Just because the United States hasn't been used more than once as the basis for a Pokémon region yet doesn't mean that it can't happen!

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm assuming that they've gotten through the entire thing, but I'm really hoping they haven't, I'm jonesing for anything spoiler they can give us.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh come on! Unnerve Mewtwo?! I know there could and should be more, but just leaking that is mean :( I guessbwe have to wait for the usual leakers to be certain. I guess its a sign though, somebody is getting a forme....

Since the Mewtwo event is Generation 5, nope no new form.

Its currently 4 am for them so if we get anymore leaks it'll be later tonight if they don't upload them in the morning for them. I can see the leaks if any left coming out in about 7 hours. Anytime before that would be lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back