• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, it would've been nice if they looked more like real foxes...
It reminds me of the Torchic line too, which is why I like it :3. It's third only to Combusken and Quilava on my list of favorite second stage fire starters. Following her are Monferno, Charmelon, and Pignite. Actually in terms of names that's the same order...
Froakie's evolution looks cool. It's tied with Dewott as second best 2nd stage water starter imo. Chespin sadly is my least favorite second stage grass starter of all time... and I usually love grass...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Fennekin's evolution line is the one I like the least. This doesn't mean I don't like Fennekin or Braixen tho, they fit very well with the RPG theme. I appreciated that they made the Fire Type the Mage since Fire Spells are usually the beginning attacking spells for mages in RPGs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I didn't wanted another generic fox theme with Nine tails and all tho, since I guess it's what people wanted if Fennekin had a 4 legs line.

Years
I love how Fennekin's evolution is so creative. Much better than another fox based on the nine tails. Actually GF has been quite creative with their fox Pokémon, just look at their eevee tree, and the vulpix, zorua, and fennekin lines to see it.

Also for those saying Fennekin looks like a Magical girl...just look at Sylveon,it's more magical girl looking than Braixen's line proably ever will be. Not that it's necessary a bad thing imo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I love how Fennekin's evolution is so creative. Much better than another fox based on the nine tails. Actually GF has been quite creative with their fox Pokémon, just look at their eevee tree, and the vulpix, zorua, and fennekin lines to see it.

Also for those saying Fennekin looks like a Magical girl...just look at Sylveon,it's more magical girl looking than Braixen's line proably ever will be. Not that it's necessary a bad thing imo.

Not really. Braxien stands on 2 feet, wields a magical wand, has a puffy dress and stylized magical looking suit.

Sylveon is a four legged animal with bows.

Braxien is way more Magical Girl than Sylveon...and honestly...I've only seen myself actually call it a Magical Girl >>;;

Years
Sylveon's ribbons reminds me of the clothes magical girl's wear and it's association with the moon reminds me of the most famous of magical girl's...sailor moon xD.

Now it standing on two legs don't make it a magical girl...if so Zoroark is a dark magical girl...excuse me I'm going to go see if there's any fan art on this...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sylveon's ribbons reminds me of the clothes magical girl's wear and it's association with the moon reminds me of the most famous of magical girl's...sailor moon xD.

Now it standing on two legs don't make it a magical girl...if so Zoroark is a dark magical girl...excuse me I'm going to go see if there's any fan art on this...

She has the poofy magical dress, magical weapons, everything about her screams Magical girl. She'd fit in with a furry magical girl show easily.

Sylveon just doesn't even compare. All she has is ribbons. That's not even close to being enough.

Braxien looks as if you could throw her into a Magical girl show and she'd fit in based on her design. Zoroark would most likely be one of the monsters that she'd have to fight cause it looks like a generic monster.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Guys what's wrong if indeed Braixen is a magical girl? I myself I'm not very fond of them but I know a lot of people that like them, I feel its just a matter of taste. A lot of pokemon are based off of human stereotypes in both reality and fantasy, why not a magical girl?

Years
As I said before there's nothing wrong with it :). I like how Braixen looks. However Braixen seems more like a witch...magical girls are usually more colorful...actually Braixen's coloring and looks make me think of Halloween...
I hope Braixen looks even nore witch like when she evolves. Maybe her shiny will be black and red...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Braixen seems more like a witch...magical girls are usually more colorful...actually Braixen's coloring and looks make me think of Halloween...
I hope Braixen looks even nore witch like when she evolves. Maybe her shiny will be black and red...

Well, it would be so cool if Braixen's final evolution had the added Ghost typing with it. Fire/Ghost is a great combo offensively and a typing never seen from a starter. Sadly it's highly doubtful though, as she's meant to look more like a fox and less like a witch.

Years
I think she'll be Fire/Psychic...which has also yet to be seen on a starter. Also it'll make sense as Foxes are cunning and known for their intelligence...in a way Fennekin's line is like Vulpix and Abra's lines...but in a witch form xD.

Years
With the option to pick a Kanto Starter on top of the Kalos Starters, I'm really on the fence with what to pick, I love Chespin and Fennekin, but I don't want to be crowded with Fire types, because Charmander is my fave Kanto Starter, but I love the idea of Fennekin :/

Years
Are you saying a pokemon can't be both badass and feminine looking >_<?

I found Zoroark to be feminine...but that may be due to the anime's being a female...

I agree, Braixen looks cool. I hope it's wand becomes an elegant staff when it evolves, maybe adorned with rubies or garnets (red for fire).

No lol, just saying I'm used to girly Pokemon being all pink and cute, Jigglypuff, Chansey etc.
Actually, the only reason I am complaining is because I am not very excited about the other two starters. lol

With the option to pick a Kanto Starter on top of the Kalos Starters, I'm really on the fence with what to pick, I love Chespin and Fennekin, but I don't want to be crowded with Fire types, because Charmander is my fave Kanto Starter, but I love the idea of Fennekin :/

I completely forgot about this! Bye Kalos starters, hello Charmander! Or Cyndaquil! Doesn't matter woohoo! I'm gonna feel sorry for the Kalos starter though. We'll see ^^

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Since I'm getting both, koff~

I'll be going with The Fox for Pokemon Y Version, and the Frog for Pokemon X Version. The reasons being that they go well with their colors. Or I could swap them. Either way, those are the two I'll be getting. I'll be taking suggestions on names based on Coffee related items. Purified water and roasted beans, koffi~

Years
As I said before there's nothing wrong with it :). I like how Braixen looks. However Braixen seems more like a witch...magical girls are usually more colorful...actually Braixen's coloring and looks make me think of Halloween...

Even though I don't like so much feminine pokemons, I will be very happy to see braixen keep being feminine looking in her last stage. Exept Magnium, all the starters have beast-like design, so its about time we will see something different. I hope Fennekin gender rate will be 75% chance female, I find it unfair that all the starters are mostly male.

Years
Even though I don't like so much feminine pokemons, I will be very happy to see braixen keep being feminine looking in her last stage. Exept Magnium, all the starters have beast-like design, so its about time we will see something different. I hope Fennekin gender rate will be 75% chance female, I find it unfair that all the starters are mostly male.

There's a reason why starters have a 87.5% chance of being male, it's to make them hard to breed unless you have like a Ditto with you. It's to show how special they are, because they are your trusted partner throughout your journey. While some have feminine-looking designs, it's not enough to stop this gender ratio tradition. In fact, out of all my main playthroughs only one had me with a female starter, it's to show how rare females are.

Years
There's a reason why starters have a 87.5% chance of being male, it's to make them hard to breed unless you have like a Ditto with you. It's to show how special they are, because they are your trusted partner throughout your journey. While some have feminine-looking designs, it's not enough to stop this gender ratio tradition. In fact, out of all my main playthroughs only one had me with a female starter, it's to show how rare females are.

I don't have alot of understanding in breeding, so sorry if I miss the obvious.
But why not giving fennekin a 87.5% chance of being female, than she will stay rare-am I right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I don't have alot of understanding in breeding, so sorry if I miss the obvious.
But why not giving fennekin a 87.5% chance of being female, than she will stay rare-am I right?

I'm a bit confused on the breeding bit as well, but I'm guessing it's because if she were female, it would be much easier to produce an egg with a fennekin inside? I need to read more on breeding. ~_~

Years

I've been lucky to get 2...without resetting! (I have yet to ever reset for a starter btw). Piplup in Plat and Snivy in White...oh and the first Torchic I breed in Emerald was female, and the first Cyndaquil I breed in Ss was also female, oh and a friend of mine traded me an Oshawott egg that was a female too...sometimes I think I'm a little too lucky when it comes to getting female starters, encountering shinies, and getting Pokerus (in the wild, not by infection). So 2/6 games...so I got 1/3 of a chance of getting a female Fennekin :3. Interestingly it's always in the first game I get of the generation since gen 4...Platinum was Piplup, and White was Snivy...of course 2 doesn't make a pattern...I hope I get a female Kanto starter as it's the only region (apart from Kalos oc) which I have yet to have a female starter of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back