• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you have expectations for this generation?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Is there one thing in the game that you perhaps expect to happen or really want to happen with the impending games coming?

I kind of expect to get items and money a whole lot easier and more plentiful in this Gen.

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
I'm am hope for Another Eevee form cuz I've been hearing there's going to be a poison type with the new fairy type that's what I'm hoping for

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I have bad expectations.

• I expect the Fairy type will only be made up of cutesy Pokémon of the color pink with humongous sparkly eyes and kawaii desu desu look.
  • I expect the rest of the Megas will have awful designs, too similar to that of their regular forms.
  • I expect the game will be as straight forward as Generation 5.
  • Team Flare will be unoriginal and boring. I won't be able to take them seriously, as they will be a very watered down version of Team Rocket.
  • The evil boss will take over the world and have no interesting backstory. He'll basically be a repeat of Ghetsis.
  • The rivals will have plain personalities. The female will be girly, flighty and stupid. The nerd will be a literal nerd and have no other qualities other than being smart. The other male rival will be derpy and stupid. The male/female counterpart will be a basic repeat of May/Brendan.
  • Sylveon will be the only new Eeveelution we receive.
Hopefully, Game Freak will prove me wrong. I sure as Girafarig hope they do!

Here are some more positive expectations:

• Chespin will be Grass/Rock. I mean, look at his species name! Forget the Dark, Psychic and Fighting theory: there is no proof that the theory is correct.
  • Pokeamie will be a lot less stupid than it looks.
  • Being able to customize your character will be the best thing ever and will make up for a lot of the games mistakes if it really does end up sucking.
  • Mega evolutions won't just be overpowered Super Saiyans and will have as much negatives as they do positives.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
I expect this game to be pretty good actually! I don't think it will be as linear as Gen 5, seeing as they did make a bit of an effort to make it less linear in BW2. I think Fairy type will be pretty awesome and I hope it's weak to Poison and Steel, or maybe even Ice so that people use Ice again too. Idk, I think fairy is a great addition! Maybe it'll give people like Clefairy and Jigglypuff a chance to shine.

I hope Chespin is Grass/Dark, Fennekin is Fire/Psychic and Froakie is Water/Fighting.

The new rivals are interesting, I want to know who gets the starters you don't pick.

Also, to reply to *Icecold*, only 4 Pokemon out of the 10 are pink. I wouldn't describe Gardevoir, Mawile or Xerneas to be all "kawaii desu". :v

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I hope they take some of the best elements of the series and put it in to one game. I expect a fleshed out region and well-designed pokémon, as from the designs shown so far (not including the disastrous Mega Evolutions and the cotton candy pokémon) they are a improvement over the awful, awful ones Gen 5 had to offer.

I also would expect them to have a basic story and the evil team to be only wanting to take over the Kalos region as always. Plus, I expect them to have a excessive amount of legendaries and new pokémon overall, with the overall designs to be less over the top as Gen 5 overdesign-fest.

Also, they'll probably won't include the Nidoran families in the regional dex, which is stupid and annoying. I want my Nidoking. :/

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
I just hope that we could be able to compete in contest again and could be able to plant Berries and make Poffin/Pokeblocks like in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and in Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. I also hope that they don't make to much Watertype HM like Surf,Dive,Waterfall because its kinda annoying, especially if you you only have 1 pokemon that can learn these HM :( .

blue

gucci
Years
After what I've seen so far I'm really excited for these games, I do have high expectations judging from what I've seen and I'm sure that I will be overwhelmed by how great the games are.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I, too, have bad expectations.

-The game will be yet another overly-linear one where every town except the one you need to go to for the story is always mysteriously "blocked off" until you beat the next gym/group of enemies.

-Team Flare will be completely and utterly evil, with no redeeming qualities or even any decent ideals. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Back in the last generation, Team Plasma seemed to be a good idea. They seemed to have noble intentions, but the means of achieving them were wrong. They seemed to be great examples of well-intentioned extremists. This was all actually interesting, until they announced that their purported goal was just a front for WERLD DOMINAYSHUN.

-With the return of Rock Smash, there will be many necessary dungeons requiring 4+ HMs at once.

-Fairy Pokemon will be nothing but Disneyish, pink, sparkly, and girly "KAWAII DESU NE UGUU" abominations that spit in the faces of mythical Faeries.

-Digivolutions Mega Evolutions. Just... Mega Evolutions. I can't look at GF the same way after that unfortunate reveal.

-We will recieve more filler Eevee Evolutions and pointless Digivolutions Mega Evolutions.

-There will be no real rivals. Instead, they'll just be friends. I mean, it's not like Blue and Silver are two of the most popular characters in the games. Oh, wait.

-We'll get 15+ legendaries, with most having some sort of pointless form.

-I gotta use my 3DS. Great. What with the terrible battery life, that means it won't be a portable game. I'm sure looking forward to having to play the game while tethered to an electrical outlet.

*Icecold*

Years
Also, to reply to *Icecold*, only 4 Pokemon out of the 10 are pink. I wouldn't describe Gardevoir, Mawile or Xerneas to be all "kawaii desu". :v

All of the new ones are definitely kawaii. Sylveon, the candy poodle, the cutesy bird, Marill and Jigglypuff. Gardevoir has no fairy-like qualities. She's only attractive and that's why they forced her to be a Fairy, since "ZOMG ALL FAIRIEZ MUST B PRETTY." Same with Mawile; nothing like a Fairy and she only was given the typing since she's feminine. Xerneas is a legendary and, guess what I'm going to say? Just freakin' guess what I'm going to say.

Clefairy isn't that much of a fairy either. It comes from space. Fairies don't come from space, what is wrong with you Game Freak?

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Hm, I don't know -- I'm feeling pretty positive about this game! While I'm a little nervous about the Mega-evolutions (like most people, it seems) I think otherwise they've shown us some cool stuff.

One thing I definitely would like (and expect) to see is French-inspired Pokemon/storylines to the entire game! Since they're working from a real-life area, I'm excited to see how they work that into the game.

*Icecold*

Years
Uh oh. I had another bad expectations.

French cliches. We'll have rude men with black and white stripes shirts and berets that eat cheese and walk poodles a.k.a Swirlexs.

That would make me very sad D:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years

French cliches. We'll have rude men with black and white stripes shirts and berets that eat cheese and walk poodles a.k.a Swirlexs.

And every trainer who you begin to beat will surrender!

I could definitely see Team Flare's HQ being in a tall tower. They don't steal Pokemon, because they already have one. It's a-very nice. They also taunt everyone by saying their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
All of the new ones are definitely kawaii. Sylveon, the candy poodle, the cutesy bird, Marill and Jigglypuff. Gardevoir has no fairy-like qualities. She's only attractive and that's why they forced her to be a Fairy, since "ZOMG ALL FAIRIEZ MUST B PRETTY." Same with Mawile; nothing like a Fairy and she only was given the typing since she's feminine. Xerneas is a legendary and, guess what I'm going to say? Just freakin' guess what I'm going to say.

Clefairy isn't that much of a fairy either. It comes from space. Fairies don't come from space, what is wrong with you Game Freak?
I have to correct you on Mawile, it's based off of a Youkai which is sort of like a Japanese fairy. Also it's deceptive just like fairies of old. Likewise Gardevoir is said to be based off of a guardian angel.

Well Aliens have a lot of characteristics that Fairies had such as kidnapping and doing all kinds of stuff to you as you sleep...so...yeah.

*Icecold*

Years
I have to correct you on Mawile, it's based off of a Youkai which is sort of like a Japanese fairy. Also it's deceptive just like fairies of old. Likewise Gardevoir is said to be based off of a guardian angel.

Well Aliens have a lot of characteristics that Fairies had such as kidnapping and doing all kinds of stuff to you as you sleep...so...yeah.

Alright, Mawile you're off the hook.

I'm standing my ground with Gardevoir though. Angels and fairies... I mean, there is a difference.

And there is no way Lopunny will not be half Fairy, which will them prove my point that only pretty adn cute Pokemon can be fairies.

I WANT A FREAKIN' TROLL FAIRY TYPE!

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022

I hope not! Definitely not what I had in mind when I thought they'd find more inspiration from France.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
i have a lot of expectations for this game from what i have seen so far i think it will be really good. i like the super training and feeding your pokemon part gives something extra that i think the game needed. i always wanted more interaction with the pokemon. the only thing i dont like is mega evolution but i can ignore that. im excited about using the new fairy pokemon too

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I have a bittersweet expectation, that there'll be no more normal evolutions beyond Sylveon for this generation and that the rest of the evolutions will be "mega evolutions".

*Icecold*

Years
I'm almost definitly sure that Sylveon will be the only Eeveelution this generation. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's just a gut feeling and the fact that the other Eeveelution would be featured in the new Pokemon movie with Sylveon in it.
(I don't really want one anyways, but I'ld accept one if it were created.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014

That would make me laugh! I think that stuff gives the games character.

You seem like you're going to be disappointed no matter what, to be honest.

Back