• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
*starts to wonder about the few that only signed up and then is nowhere to be found in the club*

Years
New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!

Either Swampert or Empoleon, they get great typings.

Swampert's Ground-type makes it immune to Electrics while Empoleon gains lots of resistances with that Steel-type.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Either Swampert or Empoleon, they get great typings.

Swampert's Ground-type makes it immune to Electrics while Empoleon gains lots of resistances with that Steel-type.

Speaking of Swampert, that Ground type also makes it not weak to anything, aside from Grass, where it's doubly weak. (4x hurts a lot!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Speaking of Swampert, that Ground type also makes it not weak to anything, aside from Grass, where it's doubly weak. (4x hurts a lot!)

Hello Grass Knot, good bye Swampert ;) Tbh, I normally find it quite had to understand why Swampert is Ground type. Sure it lives in a swamp, but where does Ground type come into that? Surely that'd either give it Grass or Poison typing if anything? Then again, this picture sort of reaffirms it...

260swampert.gif

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Hello Grass Knot, good bye Swampert ;) Tbh, I normally find it quite had to understand why Swampert is Ground type. Sure it lives in a swamp, but where does Ground type come into that? Surely that'd either give it Grass or Poison typing if anything? Then again, this picture sort of reaffirms it...

260swampert.gif

We'd end up with a messed up type triangle that way. :p

Then again, the Starter Triangle in Generation IV is pretty much effectively broken several times over, so...

Is it just me, or am I finding Swampert also cute? Even though this is the Starter Pokémon Club, I just can't resist it. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Now that you mention it, I agree with you! It has a cheeky smile too :D

260.png

So lovable! And that's something I thought I'd never say about Swampert! By the way, can I claim a Shinx called Sparky as my second partner? ^^

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Now that you mention it, I agree with you! It has a cheeky smile too :D

260.png

So lovable! And that's something I thought I'd never say about Swampert! By the way, can I claim a Shinx called Sparky as my second partner? ^^

Sure! I'll go on and add that into the lists now. XD

New Topic!
Would you like to see that every single Pokémon from a family always available?

That Other Topic!
Pick another three families of Starter Pokémon to add into!
Use this as a reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Starter_Pokémon

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
ARRGH! Why was i gone for so long? Now i gotta answer 3 topics :O

New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?'

Blaziken,i really like both fire and fighting,they make me happy :D

Not really,i would only like the starters that you 1st get in the game,like mudkip. Your more attached to them then other pokemon,like if you were to add a pidgey to the starter list :/

Cubone,munchlax,and vulpix :)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which starter Pokemon gains the most interesting typing from evolving?
Empoleon and Infernape

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
ok I'll respond to 2
Which starter would I be?.....That's really tough like it makes I wanna be the guy easy....well I know I'd be a water type....Squirtle is just awesome because I could be with the Squirtle squad and wear awesome sungasses...but Totodile....I could get away with biting people....then there's Mudkip it's so cute! and it's friggin strong.....but wait Piplup is a penguin and I'm crazy about penguins...if i could I'd have a penguin butler....but wait Oshawatt is a hero in a cute body....I could become like some kind of hero and what not....it's so hard to choose!
Second which starter pokemon gains the most intresting typing from evolving...I'm actually gonna have to say Typholshion it's the only fire starter without a secondary type but in all honesty probably Swampert not only is it Ground and water like Wooper, Quagsire, Barbroach,Whiscash, and Gastrodon. It's really vunerable to only one type and that's grass Empoleon I like but it's suspectable to Ground,Elec,grass,and fighting but that's just me

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Please note that there are TWO other fire fighting starters besides Infernape. (Blaziken, Emboar). I dunno if I'd consider that unique or interesting. This also goes for anyone who said Emboar or Blaziken. Just saying.

Hmm... The typing by itself can be considered unique, and Blaziken had more of a case, but I think Infernape is when the typing really shines.

squirtle-squad

Area Ranger/Trainer
Years
Name: squirtle-squad
Starter Pokémon: Squirtle (obviously) and Cyndaquil (again obviously) they're soooooo cute <3
Why would you like to join the club?: Because I am all about the games and TV show! In the games you come in to contact and grow to love them more than any other one of your PokeMon especially in Heartgold/Soulsilver where they can walk around with you and you can talk to them! Also in the TV show Ash always has all three starter PokeMon and Pikachu! It just wouldn't be PokeMon if he didn't!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Name: squirtle-squad
Starter Pokémon: Squirtle (obviously) and Cyndaquil (again obviously) they're soooooo cute <3
Why would you like to join the club?: Because I am all about the games and TV show! In the games you come in to contact and grow to love them more than any other one of your PokeMon especially in Heartgold/Soulsilver where they can walk around with you and you can talk to them! Also in the TV show Ash always has all three starter PokeMon and Pikachu! It just wouldn't be PokeMon if he didn't!

Welcome to the club!

Now, I wonder about the current club topics...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Seems like the general consensus is to NOT to remove the points system. Point taken! (pun intended)

New Topic!
Which starter Pokémon would you like to be?

I would love to be Treecko mostly.....climbing trees, acting all cool, and evolving into a pokemon who can partially fly.

Personally I'd go with Empoleon! Water/Steel gives a lot to work with and gives it some good resistances and traits. Plus it's very unique! I don't think it's the most useful typing it could gain, but it sure is interesting!

Like the others mentioned, Swampert. Of course, grass is it's greatest weakness but...honestly, it can defeat them with Ice beam and Blizzard.

Sure! I'll go on and add that into the lists now. XD

New Topic!

That Other Topic!
Use this as a reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Starter_Pokémon

As for the first one.....not really. I don't think there would be as much trading anymore if that were to happen. If you want me to be honest on the other topic: I have no idea.

Last edited:

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
037.gif

- vulpix
446.gif

- munchlax
312.gif
311.gif

- plusle/minun [i suppose you group them together? :D]

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Not really.

058.png

Growlithe
447.png

Riolu
133.png

Eevee

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
037.gif

- vulpix
446.gif

- munchlax
312.gif
311.gif

- plusle/minun [i suppose you group them together? :D]

Yup, they count as a group. If so, that'd mean that...

- Cubone/Marowak - 1
- Vulpix/Ninetales - 2
- Munchlax/Snorlax - 2
- Plusle/Minun - 1

Not really.

058.png

Growlithe
447.png

Riolu
133.png

Eevee

I believe that all three families were already added... XD

Right now the votes tally up as follows:

- Cubone/Marowak - 1
- Vulpix/Ninetales - 2
- Munchlax/Snorlax - 2
- Plusle/Minun - 1