• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariotheMovie

Expect the expected!
Years
I just restarted my Black as a female named "Twily" (as in "Twilight Sparkle" from MLP"FiM).

I'm in Nimbasa currently with:

-Mizu (Dewott) - Lv24
-Munii (Munna) - Lv24
-Kai (Timburr) - Lv21
-Denki (Blitzle) - Lv23
-Kodai (Archen) - Lv25

Getting ready to challenge Elesa's gym.

Last edited:
Years
Trained a few of my Bug-types, including my Butterfree (who learned Silver Wind) and Heracross (who learned Brick Break and Megahorn).

Still training a few other Pokemon up.

I'm currently back in Nimbasa City.

MariotheMovie

Expect the expected!
Years
I just beat Elesa's gym. I had problems with her Emonga using Volt Switch, but I later remembered my Blitzle's ability of Motor Drive.

Without Electric-type attacks, her Pokémon were useless (except her Zebstrika, which I defeated with Munii), so I easily beat her.

I was trying not to use Denki (Blitzle) for this battle, because he's somewhat overleveled, and I wanted to equal the team out, but I guess it's okay 'cuz I beat her.

Oh, and, I also just beat Cheren on the route to the east of the city, and, I last saved at the Pokémon Center in Nimbasa. I'll play some more later.

And, also, I did some grinding. A lot of grinding.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hmmm, I'm back. Let's see......

11/5/12: Yay, got back the Dragon Skull from those Plasma creeps. Got to Castelia City. Evolved my Panpour. Saved.

12/5/12: Before fighting Burgh, settled more stupid Plasma problems. Finally, after that, got to defeat Burgh. Then I caught a Scraggy & got Tirtouga's fossil. Went to Nacrene & resurrected it.

Today: Got to Nibasa City. Battled N & won. Won against Elesa with my wonderful Scraggy. That guy is the now the powerhouse in my team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Grinding away in victory road. Got a level 1 larvitar in a trade, leveled him up to level 55 (in one sitting) also caught an axure and a male and female excadrill for some breeding later on. Somewhat concerned about my current team against the e4 so ill continue to grind till im confident.
Edit: My friend convinced me to take on the elite four because he wanted to see the entry scenes. I still felt I wasnt ready but humored him anyway. I actually ran out the first member of the e4 I battled with emolga(lvl59)/tyranitar(lvl57 now). The second member gave me some trouble but eventually fell to my excadrill boosted by swords dance and the residual sandstorm from tyranitar. From there out I had absolutely no trouble cleaning up the other two. Tyranitar with blackglasses and STAB crunch took almost no damage from the last two. Now im back in victory road grinding away before I battle N.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, that an emblem is handed out for those who regularly post a journal entry and it is creative. Let's get the activity going!

PS - Caught a shiny Deerling a while ago while trying to fill up my Pokedex. (:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
My final team will be based off Alex's White team from mrnintendofanman's black and white walkthrough.

I woke up in my bedroom. I saw a blue and green, relatively small box on the table. As I finished waking up, Cheren came barreling in the bedroom. Cheren was very excited about something. I asked him what he was excited about, and he said, "We get our Pokemon today." Bianca stumbled up the stairs, exhausted.
Cheren was in an angry mood and yelled at her. I told Cheren to calm himself down, and so he did. I finally decided to open the box on the table. There were three Pokemon in the box, all in pokeballs. I chose Tepig, Bianca chose Snivy, and Cheren got Oshawott. I battled the very exhausted still Bianca because she wanted us all to battle. I beat her Snivy very quickly. Cheren healed us both up, and then he battled me now. I beat his Oshawott in a flash. They ran downstairs afterwards, to leave me to a disaster area in my bedroom, except for the Wii, left untouched by the battles. I went downstairs to find Bianca and Cheren still downstairs, talking to my mom. They apologized for the room and left, and then my mom gave me the XTransceiver to talk 2,3,or 4 way. I left and went to Bianca's house, only to find here and her dad in the middle of a heated arguement. They eventually settled it for now, and so I left. We went in the lab to talk to Professor Juniper, and we all got our Pokedexes. We then got Town Maps from my mom, and then we went towards Route 1. We met Prof. Juniper at the edge of the tall grass. She showed us how to catch a Pokemon, and then she went back to the lab. Bianca wanted to see who could catch the most Pokemon on Route 1. They left, and then I was on my way. I caught a Lvl. 4 Lillipup, would grinned at me after I caught it, because it thoroughly loved me. Tepig was envious of Lillipup. When we all got to the end of Route 1, we compared who had the most, and we all had two, so no winner. We went into Accumula Town, and then met Prof. Juniper in front of the Pokemon Center, and she showed us the basics. There was a commotion in the plaza, and so I want over to the plaza to see what was going on,and it turns out, it was about Pokemon liberation. The speaker's name was Ghetsis, and he was with Team Plasma, and he never fooled me, because I knew his evil schemes. A trainer then came up, named N, and battled me. I beat his pathetic Purrloin lightning speed. I then headed towards Route 2, my mom then called, hung up, caught up with me, gave me the running shoes, and then I was on my way on Route 2. I beat trainers everywhere and trained my two Pokemon. I battled Bianca in close proximity to Striaton City, and beat her. I got to Striaton City, went to the Trainer's School, beat Cheren, went to see one of the gym leaders, went to the Dreamyard, battled trainers, got a Pansage, went to the Pokemon Center, which is where I am now.

Current Team:
Tepig Lvl. 11
Lillipup Lvl. 11
Pansage Lvl. 10 (reserve/ cut slave/ help against Cress)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Continued from my last post...

I went inside the gym, beat all the gym trainers with ease, and got to Cress. I beat Cress pretty fast and then left. I saw Fennel and then she told me to go to the Dreamyard and get some Dream Mist for a project of hers, and she gave me cut as well. I taught Cut to Pansage. I went to the Dreamyard, cut down the tree, and then Bianca came up behind me. We went in through the opening and both of us heard a noise. It turns out it was Munna's cry: Team Plasma was abusing it! How rude of them to do such a thing! I gave the grunts a beating, and then a image of Ghetsis appeared. The grunts were scared and ran off, and then a Pokemon came from behind the wall, a Musharna. It made the Ghetsis images to scare the grunts. Musharna got Munna an then they returned to their home. They left some Dream Mist on the ground. Fennel came and took the Dream Mist back to her house. I left for her house while Bianca stayed behind to get a Munna of her own. Fennel gave me the C-Gear when I went to her research lab. Amanita, who runs the PC, gave me the Pal Pad as well. I then left for Route 3. I beat the trainers around the nursery, while a kind lady also healed my Pokemon. I got met up with by Cheren, who battled me, and I won, AGAIN. Then, Team Plasma grunts ran by quickly, and then Bianca and a little kid came behind them. Team Plasma stole the kid's Pokemon, and Cheren ran after them. I soon followed, while Bianca and the little kid stayed behind. Me and Cheren beat the grunts fast. Cheren gave the kid the Pokemon back, and I followed, and then the kid gave me some heal balls. I beat trainers on Route 3, and eventually got to Nacrene City. I when to the outside part of pinwheel forest to train my two pokemon up in levels. I went back to the gym, and then N came out and battled me, who I beat massively. I recieved a tour of the museum, went to the gym in the back of the museum, beat the trainers, solved all the riddles, and then fought Lenora. Her Pokemon took a little longer, but I beat them fairly easy. Afterwards, team plasma stole the Dragon Skull from the museum, and then took of with it. Lenora and me went out of the building outside, and then Cheren and Bianca came up behind. Burgh, the Castelia City Gym Leader, talked small talk to Lenora for a few minutes, and then Lenora left towards the right, and Burgh left to the left in the direction of Pinwheel Forest. Bianca gave me the Dowsing Machine, and then her and Cheren stayed in the museum, while I went towards Pinwheel Forest. I went in and fought all the grunts, and got the Dragon Skull back. Lenora took it, and gave me a Moon Stone in return. I left the forest, and then went in the direction of Castelia City. I crossed Skyarrow Bridge, and WOW at the camera angles on the bridge and the length of the bridge in itself. I went into the city, went to the Pokemon Center, healed, went to the Battle Company, beat all the trainers, beat the troll chairman disguised as a janitor, got the EXP share from him, went back to the Pokemon Center, and then saved.

Team:
Pignite Lvl 23
Herdier Lvl 25

Years
Summer has begun in Unova!

I bred my Scizor and Ditto, they produced an egg.

I took the egg with me, cycled around and then the egg hatches while I am in Lacunosa Town.

The egg hatches into a Scyther, female with Brave nature and Technician.

Now my National Dex has officially recognized that I have caught 572 different Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A year and 3 months. That is how long I have been traveling around Unova. I have defeated many trainers and all the champions. I now travel around with just my Braviary. Me and him have been through so much now. Soon I will have seen all 649 pokemon. The ones I have yet to see are Porygon,the Unknown,Regice,Registeel,Genosect,Keldeo and Meloetta. So close to finish the pokedex for Prof. Juniper. I have also managed to catch 632 of the pokemon I have seen thanks to tradeing with many trainers and just finding them in the wild. Soon I will finish the Battle Subway. I have managed to win the Single,Super Single,and Double matches so far. Only Super Double to defeat. But something has me at an uneased nervousness. I sense a change coming to the world and it is not a good one. I fear that Team Plasma may not have yet finished with their plans yet.

Current Team:
Braviary Lv 100.

Trainer Card Progression.
Defeated the Elite 4 more then once.
Collected all Musical Goods.
Obtained all Extralink Powers.
3/4 done with Battle Subway
Pokedex: Seen: 642 Caught: 632

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I can't continue typing huge posts, so I will just recap the important points.

*Beat Team Plasma and got Bianca's Munna back
*Beat the gym trainers and Burgh
*Beat Bianca and Cheren
*Got Tirtouga and revived it
*Beat the trainers on Route 4 and in Desert Resort
*Got the bicycle from the daycare man after I beat 2 grunts
*Toured the Musical with Bianca and then saw a drama scene
*Defeated N
*Got My Solosis

...and that's where I am now

Team:
Pignite Lvl. 28
Herdier Lvl. 29
Tirtouga Lvl.28
Solosis Lvl.19

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As Summer started today in Unova,I managed to get a breeding headach. 21 eggs in 2 days hatched. This allowed me to obtain many pokemon. My poor Ditto my friend gave me from over seas in Johto has been in the Day-Care from Lv 10 to 100. I have managed to also finaly see and capture a Porygon thanks to breeding my Porygon2. Only Regice,Registeel,Meloetta,Genosect,Keldeo,and the Unknown to go. People say that Keldeo.Genosect,and Meloetta are impossible to see,but maybe soon. I am also almost ready to retry the Super Double Battlesubway. Gonna be a long long day when I try it.

Later on in the day I got a D Unknown from my friend in Johto. Just Regice and Registeel to go.

Current Team:
Braviary Lv 100.

3/4 done with Battle Subway
Pokedex: Seen: 644 Caught: 644

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
This update is quite small so...

* beat the gym trainers and Elesa
* defeated Cheren on Route 5
* saw Alder and fought the two children with Herdiers
* saw the Driftveil Drawbridge lower
* went to Driftveil City, and then to Cold Storage
* went and defeated trainers outside the actual Cold Storage
* annilihated the trainers inside to Cold Storage
* saw Team Plasma, and that's where I am... Defeated one grunt, and still have three to go

Team:
Pignite Lvl. 30
Herdier Lvl. 30
Tirtouga Lvl. 30
Solosis Lvl. 31

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Today I have been training for the Super Double Battles by going to the normal double battles. I easly got past the first car and then took a rester on the platform. After that I battled my way through the 2nd cart almost lossing to the 7th trainer of the car. Thankfully my Donphan took down the trainer Klinklang with Earthquake. My Lucario,Arcanine and Beartic fell in the battle. Now I am taking a break for the night on the platform and taking a nap and starting again in the morning. Not sure which pokemon I will be using in the coming up car.

Team:
Braviary Lv100
Arcanine Lv100
Lucario Lv100
Beartic Lv100
Donphan Lv100
Galvantula Lv100

Years
Training a few of my PC Pokemon.

Jellicent and Beartic were up first. Went to Route 9 to train them. Both leveled up 2 levels.

Next up was Beheeyem and Reuniclus. Training on Route 14.

Still a few more Pokemon to train today...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I decided to breed an in-game competitive team without the use of RNG. I started off with Volcarona. So you see, I bred two Timid Larvesta.

I determined its IVs through the IV checker guy...

I have a Larvesta with HP Steel @ an IV of 18 or 23 in sPA.

...the other? 31 IV in ATTACK. >__>; Oh well, I'm close to reaching what I aim for! JUST IN THE WRONG DAMN STAT.

So yeah, subway time & daycare time for more breeding items and more baby Larvesta.

EDIT: OKAY SO THE 31 IV ATTACK LARVESTA IS BASHFUL, NOT TIMID. How wonderful!!

Last edited:
Years
I did a bit more training with my PC Pokemon.

Yesterday, I grabbed some Sun Stones and Moon Stones from the wild Solrock and Lunatone in the Giant Chasm after I taught Thief to Gothitelle.

(Yes, her Frisk ability came in handy)

I also had two stone-induced evolutions, Clefairy evolving into Clefable and my second Gloom evolving into Bellossom.

I'm still thinking of using my leftover Moon Stones to evolve my Nidorino and Nidorina.

I even caught a replacement Delibird and released my old one... my new one has a Sassy nature with Vital Spirit (thank god he didn't have Hustle!)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Omg yessss. So just then I got 31 IV in sPA Larvesta @ serious. I'm getting closer to my goal of it being Timid so I'm going to continue breeding and then start EV training whichever one is successful :3 Soo hopefully that'll be in the next few days!! /end of journal update of White

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
OT: Lacie 42392
Started: June 9th, 2012
I'm starting a new game on White, yay! It's why I bought it in the first place... I started with Oshawott in Black, Tepig in my old White, so I'm selecting Snivy in this White. I obtain a Female Snivy on my first try. She's so adorable!

495.gif

Nickname: Yasmin | Nature: Sassy​

I decided against catching any Patrat/Lillipup just yet. I whip N in the first town. I'm moving pretty slowly along. It's how I start all adventures. I do catch a level 7 Lillpup in the next Route. I'm so not prepared to face Bianca. I don't even remember her being here, haha. I use a Potion at the start of the battle so I easily win.

Once I reach Striaton City, I foolishly run to the Dreamyard... I think I'm missing some story-related events, haha. I did pick up the Panpour. I run into the Trainer's School to whip Cher-WAIT I NEVER HEALED MY POKEMON OH NOES.

...Thank goodness I have Panpour, ugh. I really don't like the monkey trio. I heal up and head back into the Gym.

Well, it's thunderstorming so I'll save my progress and update this post later. :(

Edit: There we go. :) I defeated Chili rather easily. My mind was absolutely blown when my Snivy ate her Oran Berry, Chili's Lillipup activated Pick Up, and it ate an Oran Berry too! I don't remember Pickup being useful in RSE. -_-

Alrighty, so I can use Cut. I save Munna from nasty Plasma Grunts. I'm just really freaking happy I got the C-Gear because I can now trade with Black. Guess who I'm sending over? It's something I always wanted to use in-game, Tirtouga!

564.gif

Nickname: Halstein | Nature: Adamant​

As soon as I enter Route 3, Cheren has to show his wittle butt and battle me. I'm forced to retrieve the little girl's stolen Pokemon... I just wanna charge through everything! I try to walk by Bianca but noooo, I have to get my reward, Heal Balls. Whateva.

I'm in Nacrene! I check out the cafe and some buildings. It was raining, so I might as well dope around story-wise. I didn't want to advance too much, or else I would forget what to type here! I do go to the Nacrene Gym, only to encounter N once again. I make quick work of him; even Yasmin evolved at level 17!

496.gif

Nickname: Yasmin | Nature: Sassy​

I have to do a little bit more training before I can take on Lenora...

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Finaly after searching so long, my long time friend from Hoenn has given me a Regice and Registeel. That make me complete the pokedex minus Keldeo,Genosect,and Meloetta. My team have given it all we can in the Super Double Battles and from my pokemon being very tired,I have let the chance of defeating the Subway Bosses go for now. Maybe one day I will rechallenge the Subway and win. Me,Cheren and Binaca have met back in Nuvema Town as I present the finished pokedex to Prof. Juniper. She was so happy. Cheren has told me that he will soon be a Gym Leader due to his power. Bianca is working with Prof. Juniper and she tells me my cousin in Aspertia City will soon be starting his new journey and she gets to take a trip across Unova to give him his pokemon. For now I will travel Unova with my Braviary to look for rare pokemon of diffrent color than the normal color of a pokemon. People call them Shining.

But a great worry builds inside me. It has gotten colder lately. And the great Dragon of Ice has me worried,yes I caught one but how many more are there? And not only that,I fear that Team Plasma and the Shadow Triad may return soon. I guess I will soon find out.

Current Team:
Braviary Lv 100.

3/4 done with Battle Subway (Retired)
Pokedex: Seen: 646 Caught: 646

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back