The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Fan Games Hub
Map Showcase and Review

Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:51 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by buttjuice.

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluedemon View Post
I like this alot, but, my only bug bare is the bottom half is too simplistic, and bare, compared to the upper half.
I like the layout to your route, it looks really nice but the difference in greens (mostly in the wild grass) is a turnoff.

Not sure how everybody gets the nice pretty screenshot D:
But here's my route 1
Made with RPGMakerXP
Spoiler:

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:52 AM).

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttjuice View Post
I like the layout to your route, it looks really nice but the difference in greens (mostly in the wild grass) is a turnoff.

But here's my route 1
Made with RPGMakerXP
Spoiler:
I like the layout but the map looks too cramped, and I'm not a fan of two block wide paths, especially that long one on the right side of the map, it's too plain.

Also, the pond looks like it's just there so that there's a bridge. I think making it bigger or adding more ponds, or just removing it, would be better. The graves are a nice touch so make that the highlight of the map; maybe make it a proper graveyard or add a special tree in the middle.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:30 AM).
Second-rate hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttjuice View Post

But here's my route 1
Made with RPGMakerXP
Spoiler:
I like the map overall, but I think you should try to spice up the column on the right side of the map. A straight shot up isn't super interesting for the player to traverse, it doesn't give them anything to look at or do besides hold up. I think 2 tile wide paths can be acceptable as long as you have room to move outside of the designated path, so maybe try to widen out that area and curve it around and stuff? Whatever you think would look best.

Anyway, here's my map:
Spoiler:

I did some photoshop magic to add in the weather effect so you can see it the way the player does in-game. It doesn't look as nice without it

Anyway, I was trying to give off a "Fairy Forest" or "Hidden Garden" kinda vibe, as it's the main place in my game to get Fairy-type Pokémon. I know the water and paths and stuff aren't in the same style you'd see in a typical Pokémon game, I was trying some new stuff out. I'm not 100% sold on any of it, I'd like to know what other people think
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links