• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Interesting hack, I haven't played yet but the screenies and trainer designs caught my eye, especially the female.
Also found interesting that the starters were picked from different
gens and they are all pure types (a big rarity nowadays)
so in the end the hack manages to interestingly mix novelty and
old school features, which is nice.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2011
I just started the game seems interesting! although in the first town when you enter the grassy area i spoke to the guy and he just repeated the words qaf quaf or something and it froze -.-!

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Looks good to me :D i will want to try this. i like the name of the reigion :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2011
PLZ!

Ive evntered Emerald town and the pokecenter is still glitched "can't leave" and every house is locked what do i do?
where do i go know!?

bobvs

Music Composer/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ok... im stuck in the City with the G/S/HG/SS park. Wen the next version will came out?

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
A very good work man! I really like your hacking style. I like that you connect the basic style of fire red, with the new things from DPP.
Expecialy the world map...it's very nice :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #11

Interesting hack, I haven't played yet but the screenies and trainer designs caught my eye, especially the female.
Also found interesting that the starters were picked from different
gens and they are all pure types (a big rarity nowadays)
so in the end the hack manages to interestingly mix novelty and
old school features, which is nice.
Thanks, hopefully by this time next week, you'd have had a chance to experience it first hand.

I just started the game seems interesting! although in the first town when you enter the grassy area i spoke to the guy and he just repeated the words qaf quaf or something and it froze -.-!
Fixed.

Looks good to me :D i will want to try this. i like the name of the reigion :D
Thank you. I really like the region name too. Hopefully you'll try it soon.

Ok... im stuck in the City with the G/S/HG/SS park. Wen the next version will came out?
Read on down.

keep us updated the story sounds awesome
Your wish is my command.

A very good work man! I really like your hacking style. I like that you connect the basic style of fire red, with the new things from DPP.
Expecialy the world map...it's very nice :)
Thank you! I'm a fan of your style as well!

Update:
I don't even know where to begin. Sorry for not releasing the Beta as promised. In reality I all but forgot about this when college started back up. But I have good news for those who liked this: Shattered Dreams is back in full effect. Unlike my previous hacks, I didn't delete this when I stopped working on it. This means I have all the work done and all I have to do is one last bug test before putting out the beta.
I know you're wondering, when will that be? And "How can we believe you'll put it out this time?". The answer is simple: It'll be out in a couple days. Definitely before the 22nd [as that is when the first Mystery Gift is intended to start]. But just to make sure people know I'm really still working on this, I've included screenshots! But first some notes:
  • The "Who You Gonna Call" mini-game has been omitted from the Beta. Hopefully it'll be in the next release.
  • This beta is more of an "Open-Beta". I am currently going through the hack now but I'm sure I'll miss things. I want everyone who plays to post bugs and issue, no matter how minor.
  • The beta will end on the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple. You will not meet the "Special Person" in this hack. Sorry.
  • Every house in Ouija Town is locked. They're simply not done.
  • There will be 3 Mystery Gifts in this beta. What are they? You'll see soon.
  • All the battlegrounds have been modified. Mainly recolored.
Now on to the screenshots. Credit to Pokepal17 and Manipulation for the Bank concept, as well as Kyledove and WesleyFG for, among other things, the Bank & ATM tiles.

wrks-1.png
sup-1.png
smallnugget-1.png

slowpokes-1.png
options-1.png
oak-1.png

mining-1.png
magmaarmor2-1.png
machbridge.png

limit.png
lex-1.png
lemin.png

largenugget.png
gear.png
dcard.png

flamebody.png
debit.png
NewCavesAgain-1.png

death.png
smallnugget.png
wrks.png

Conclusion:
Sorry for the delay, but better later than never! Leave some feedback please. I'd like to know what people would like to see in future releases and opinion on some of the ideas. If you have any Mystery Gift ideas, let me know; they'll probably make it into the next release. All in all: Expect a beta in a couple days.

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Oh yes, you're back! Great to see this back up and running, and hope you can try to put in as much commitment to your hack as you can. This will be a nice Thanksgiving present for myself!

Everything in those screenshots look fantastic, and I'm liking what and how these Mystery Gifts are...anyway, I'm eager to play this again!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Oh yes, you're back! Great to see this back up and running, and hope you can try to put in as much commitment to your hack as you can. This will be a nice Thanksgiving present for myself!

Everything in those screenshots look fantastic, and I'm liking what and how these Mystery Gifts are...anyway, I'm eager to play this again!
You won't have to wait long. The new release will either be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Oh, this update looks wonderful!

I especially like the whole mining concept. Really great!
Thanks.
Hey this map are the country Brasil! XD

the region are based on Brasil?
Funny that nobody pointed this out yet. Yes, the region map is based on a flip map of Brazil, but I've never been to Brazil [nor am I Brazillian] so the region isn't like Brazil in anyway other than the shape.

News:
New release will be here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Beta Release

And there you have it. The beta is out. Remember to patch it to a clean Fire Red rom. It goes up to the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple, That means 3 gyms.
Here are a few things to note:
  • The "Who You Gonna Call" mini-game has been omitted from the Beta. Hopefully it'll be in the next release.
  • This beta is more of an "Open-Beta". I am currently going through the hack now but I'm sure I'll miss things. I want everyone who plays to post bugs and issue, no matter how minor.
  • The beta will end on the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple. You will not meet the "Special Person" in this hack. Sorry.
  • Every house in Ouija Town is locked. They're simply not done.
  • There will be 3 Mystery Gifts in this beta. What are they? You'll see soon.
  • All the battlegrounds have been changed.

I've packaged a .docx document that shows all the pokemon with new abilities, the move changes and the new tm list. These things may change as I come up with more ideas. Enjoy the hack.

PS: The Eggcellent Togepi event it scheduled to begin on the 22nd and will last until the end of the month. It'll be followed by another event which I will announce later. Remember to post any bugs [with screenshots].

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Cool, I played your hack back when you came out with the first alpha. Judging by the screenshots it looks like it's improved quite drastically. I look forward to playing this beta, hopefully I'll be looking forward to play the next once I'm done.

As asked I will edit this post once I've finished playing with any possible oddities or bugs.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just a reminder, the beta is out! You can download it on the first page. Another note, today marks the beginning of the first Mystery Gift Event: The Eggcellent Togepi. Not only do you get a Togepi with a unique and battle-ready moveset, but you also get the Lucky Egg [the only place to get it in-game without cheating]. The Mystery Gift man can be found in Emerald Town's Pokemon Center from now until the end of the month.

Years
It's a shame that there isn't much of a fuss about the new beta, it's an awesome game ^^

I love the new rematching feature, it's a quick way for me to grind my pokes hehe. And I'm going to assume that the new movesets is similar to 5th generation's learnsets.

Since you took out the Bullet Seed TM but gave it a buff, are you going to distribute Bullet Seed to more pokemon? In 3rd gen, only Sunflora could learn Bullet seed through level

Anyway, i finished the beta, don't mean to advertise but here's me getting the Mystery Gift and showing off my team :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDqADOM6bg

marcc5m

what
Years
Just got mah Togepi.
Anyway the only two criticisms I can give are:
1/ Make the sprites smaller. Try Chaos Rush's sprites, or Wesley FG's. They're the same sprites, but around the size of their gen 3 sprites.
2/ Stop making Trainers who walk around I keep thinking they're just normal NPCs :(

I found some bugs too, I'll post screens later. Gotta grind my Togepi first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back