• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
Oh, Cutlerine. You're back!l
When I saw this I thought two things:
1. This is the guy who made Snakewood. Ergo, this will be amazingly insane amazing
2. How's he gonna live up the Snakewood?
For my sake, make this Killer Zen mode, and make it crazy.

I SUPPORT THE MEAT MEN!:bandit:

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So will you be reusing fakemon from Snakewood, or making completely new ones? I'm looking forward to this! :D

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
hey cuterline,could you add in miror b. or have a cameo of the deadly seven? also, loved snakewood, and that wasnt even planned out. cant wait till this one comes out! WANNA PLAY IT SOO BADLY NOW!!!!!

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
So will you be reusing fakemon from Snakewood, or making completely new ones? I'm looking forward to this! :D
Careful, man! Just cause of this question, he might give us a default starter of Hombone....*shudder*.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Careful, man! Just cause of this question, he might give us a default starter of Hombone....*shudder*.

I'd prefer all new Pokemon this time, because it'll give the game an original feel to it. ;) Nooooooooooo, not Hombone!

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
After reading how the story and the features, I'm definitely going to play this. Wasn't too interested in Snakewood but I'll give it a shot some time this week. Can't wait to try out this one though! ^_^

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
2012 HOTY right here.

Or a very close 2nd. Just depends on what other hacks show up this year.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I'm super excited that you're making another hack so quickly. I immensely enjoyed snakewood for its unique qualities and I hope some of those will carry over to this hack. Good luck! Also, if I remember correctly, isn't keratin that stuff your fingernails are made of? How did you think of using that as a name?

How did I think of using keratin as a name? Uh... I have no idea. It doesn't have anything to do with the story. No, wait, it does. Keratin is weak in its individual fibres, but clusters together to form strong, tough strands. That's... uh... symbolic. Yeah. Totally.

I don't post very often, but I had to pop in and say this looks amazing, man. I've always wanted a different modern kind of hack. Everything sounds so great, honestly.

Keep up the awesome work, good luck! :)

Thanks. I appreciate the support. I'm ridiculously busy at the moment, but I'm trying to get back to Keratin as quickly as possible.

Best of luck, man. I'm sure it'll be epic.

Epicness is a corollary of biscuits. There will be biscuits in this game. Ergo: this game will be epic.

Wait. My logic's a little off there, I think. Whatever; thanks for your support, anyway.

I am kind of sad that you will be tuning down the insanity a bit mainly because it was my kind of humor and I have greatly enjoyed snakewood, but I am excited to see what you can do with this and everything so far looks promising so keep up the good work!

I'm trying not to remove too much insanity, but a slight loss is inevitable, because of all the planning that has to go into creating such a complicated story. Still, I'll do my best.

Oh my God
I log back into PC after an age
And I see
THIS
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
Snakewood was great, but this looks even better~
Oh my God
So excite

Wow. You certainly sound excited. I'm glad to hear it.

Oh, Cutlerine. You're back!l
When I saw this I thought two things:
1. This is the guy who made Snakewood. Ergo, this will be amazingly insane amazing
2. How's he gonna live up the Snakewood?
For my sake, make this Killer Zen mode, and make it crazy.

I SUPPORT THE MEAT MEN!:bandit:

The Meat Men can't be joined, I'm afraid, but you can certainly help them; they offer a range of subquests throughout the game.

If by Killer Zen mode you mean Spearow Hate You mode, then it is fairly crazy. It makes things harder, adds a whole lot of subquests that do bad things to you, and essentially puts in another story ending.

Some fakemon are from Snakewood, some are completely new. Some are also from my mini-hack, Pokémon Cangrejo - notably the Pokémon Professor Ork gives to you, if you choose to join him (it's a Glistenon). Hombone makes a return, only subtly different, as do Kenchira and Kenchukuo, though they're even rarer than before; there are a few others, but most of the fakemon here are new, like Linzay and Vyral. And many more besides.

hey cuterline,could you add in miror b. or have a cameo of the deadly seven? also, loved snakewood, and that wasnt even planned out. cant wait till this one comes out! WANNA PLAY IT SOO BADLY NOW!!!!!

The Deadly Seven may have a cameo, but the role of recurring insane people will instead be fulfilled by the Fabulous Snowmen, who are neither fabulous nor snowmen. I think.

Hombone Hombone Hombone Hombone Homboooone!

There are some Hombone in this game, but they don't evolve as you might expect; I've included Hombone in every hack I've ever made, and they acquire new evolutions and new ways to evolve every time. This is no exception; if I've planned this right, there are about ten different final evolutions for Hombone.

I'd prefer all new Pokemon this time, because it'll give the game an original feel to it. ;) Nooooooooooo, not Hombone!

There are only a very few reused ones. 95% of the fakemon are completely new, although a lot of the Pokémon aren't fake. However, several old Pokémon have been adjusted slightly, to fit the new type system and so forth.

After reading how the story and the features, I'm definitely going to play this. Wasn't too interested in Snakewood but I'll give it a shot some time this week. Can't wait to try out this one though! ^_^

I wouldn't give Snakewood a shot until I get the fixed version up - hopefully that'll be by next weekend.

2012 HOTY right here.

Or a very close 2nd. Just depends on what other hacks show up this year.

You think so? I'm touched. Thanks so much!

It seems I have a lot to live up to. Better get to work...

F.A.B.

Years
W0000T

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY IT I REALLLLY LOVED POKEMON SNAKEWOOD
BTW i defeated all the gyms on gym island but asimovs is blocked by some guy wat to do now

Years
This sounds awesome so far!! Haven't tried Snakewood yet, but will definitely do so, after the fixed version is up. Can't wait until this one!!! :)

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
yo cuterline, im new to the hacking universe and i wanted to make a hack. would you mind if i learned from you? snakewood was amazing like a said before and im a fanboy of your work right now. oh and id love to play this game when its out. although i wouldn't play in alpha, id love to be a beta tester.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
Don't mind me just checking in~ and oh lord not hombone again ;_; ha ha just kidding he's one of my favourite Fakemon >=]

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Wait more kinds of Hombone will this one have three claws?

No. Well, maybe one of them will. There are... how shall I put it... many.

Don't mind me just checking in~ and oh lord not hombone again ;_; ha ha just kidding he's one of my favourite Fakemon >=]

Yes. We all love Hombone. [/irony]

yo cuterline, im new to the hacking universe and i wanted to make a hack. would you mind if i learned from you? snakewood was amazing like a said before and im a fanboy of your work right now. oh and id love to play this game when its out. although i wouldn't play in alpha, id love to be a beta tester.

Everyone will get to be a beta tester; once I have a beta that's actually worth playing, I'll post it here.

This sounds awesome so far!! Haven't tried Snakewood yet, but will definitely do so, after the fixed version is up. Can't wait until this one!!! :)

Thanks. I appreciate your support.

Oh. Support. That reminds me - I need to make support bars. Hah! That's always fun...

F.A.B.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
Hey Cutlerine. Haven't on the site in a while, but I noticed your new hack. Sounds awesome. The way you explained the alternate stories, with all the sub-quests, makes this sound like a Fallout game, (hope you at least know what Fallout is). Can't wait for Beta 1. Good luck on this.

I wish I was as good a hacker as some of the hackers here. I also would love to know how people can create a story that can be changed in the game. Can't wait to see some of the maps you create too.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
This little thread here is exactly what I've come to expect from your demented, beautiful mind, Cutlerine. If you pull this off, I will love you forevers.

javad

Twisted Genius
Years
Personally tiles aren't the only thing that make a hack great, the story is an important factor and cutlerine makes really good story. Keep up the good work!

kyo23

Kaede Aragaki
Years
Five different story lines and different endings?
your like playing a crono cross dude!
maybe I can help changing the music?

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
No. Well, maybe one of them will. There are... how shall I put it... many.

Not sure if I should be scared or happy.
emot-tinfoil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back