• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth [T]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
ford2.jpg
FORD K N O X

Starter: Pikachu

Theme song: Enter

Appearance: He is rather tall and lean, with skin as pale as they come. Overall, he gives off the air of being a geek who could become cool if he tried. His face is sort of round, without being fat, and he has got somewhat larger front teeth than one would wish for. His eyes are large and brightly blue and he always wears a pair of rectangular glasses. Without them, he won't be able to see very far. His hair is raven black and seems to live its own life. It could probably be tamed, but Ford has never really bothered trying. For clothing on his journey, he will wear his favorite blue hooded shirt and some simple t-shirt underneath as well as gray jeans and black Converse shoes. He also has a black plastic wrist watch and a gray canvas backpack for all the stuff he needs to carry, and his most important accessory is the black smartphone he always carries around.

Personality: Basic geek is a good label for him. Ford knows his ways around the internet and is fascinated by science and fiction alike. He is also quite bright and has good grades in school and is often bullied by the "cool kids". That being said, he's not really a very odd or dumb character and has a lot of friends with similar interests as he has. Many of them are online and they have never seen each other even though some of them live around Kanto. Others are from school in Viridian City, where he grew up. Generally, Ford is a laid-back and somewhat sarcastic type but he can sometimes become easily confused and panic, especially when confronted with problems that need an imminent solution. Whenever this happens, he usually calls up one of his friends over the internet and asks for advice. Actually, he calls up his friends for just about anything and thus he never feels alone, since he's got the smartphone with him at all times and have found ways to connect to satellites that give a good connection all over Kanto.

History: Ford Knox is the son of Kanto's most famous rap artist: Kid Knox. A bit ironic to have a father named Kid, perhaps. He also has a brother who is a few years older than him, named Burt Knox. Kid Knox is cool and famous, but a bit eccentric and peculiar off stage. Burt Knox adores his father's cool side and strives to be cool like him at all times but gets disappointed whenever Kid Knox acts weird. Ford quickly grew tired of trying to be like his brother and instead became his complete opposite. Burt takes every chance to bully Ford even though he wishes that his little brother would look up to him and want to be as cool as he is. Ford sees Burt as a dumb animal pet to put up with and won't let Burt get to him - he has since long developed strategies for putting up with bullies. Where their mother is, nobody knows. Well, Kid Knox claims that he knows but has waved the matter away whenever the boys asked during their time growing up. They have a large house with a butler, a nanny and a chef anyways so they wouldn't need an extra woman there. Burt and Ford eventually went along with that.

One day, a letter got sent to the Knox house, inviting Ford to become pokémon trainers with the help of professor Oak. Burt threw a fit over Ford being chosen over him and swore to become a pokémon trainer on his own and beat Ford when they met again. Ford had never had aspirations of training pokémon - that was what some of his online friends were interested in, rather. But he really did want to annoy Burt and this was a too golden opportunity to pass up. He decided that he'd try, and pretend to Burt that things went well even if they didn't.

PIKACHU
025.gif

Usually calm and collected, but sometimes unexpectedly playful. Loves to use his electric attacks.
| male | electric |
THUNDERSHOCK - THUNDER WAVE - QUICK ATTACK - TAIL WHIP​

PIDGEY
016.gif

Proud and persistent, not at all as docile as many other Pidgey. Physically strong for his size.
| male | flying / normal |
TACKLE - SAND ATTACK - GUST - QUICK ATTACK - WHIRLWIND​

PANSEAR
513.gif

Mischievous and a bit impatient. Most of the time eager to throw himself into battle and other dangerous situations.
| male | fire |
SCRATCH - LEER - LICK - INCINERATE - FURY SWIPES​

SANDSHREW
027.gif

Shy and quiet, but brave when it really matters. If he really has to be.
| male | ground |
SCRATCH - DEFENSE CURL - POISON STING - SAND ATTACK - ROLLOUT​

PSYDUCK
054.gif

Likes to study Ford's actions. Wise and cunning but somewhat of a douche; he blames the latter on his constant headache though.
| male | water |
SCRATCH - WATER SPORT - WATER GUN - TAIL WHIP - DISABLE​

CHIKORITA
152.gif

Ford doesn't really know her yet. Seems jolly.
| female | grass |
TACKLE - GROWL - RAZOR LEAF - SLEEP POWDER​

REAL PEOPLE

Will - Ford's best friend when they were younger. Lives close to him in Viridian City. An inventor who loves to work with machines.

Nanny, Chef etc. - people working in the Knox home. Have been around when Ford grew up and are a bit overprotective still.

Professor Oak - Ford doesn't really know him, but he did give him Pikachu and the pokédex (which is now part of the smartdex). Maybe he should give the man a call some day.

PESTIFY PALS

Sagittarius: this is Ford. He is who he is.

Cancer: a grumpy fellow who seems to want to insult Ford as much as he can. Still Ford can't really dislike him.

Scorpio: an upbeat girl who always have opinions and things she wants Ford to do. On his side in most cases though.

Gemini: smart but also easily annoyed when things don't go as he wants them to, or when people don't do as he tells them.

Leo: naive and childish. Does she really know anything of use?

Virgo: kind and calm and always keen to help with all her knowledge about pokémon.

Aries: not the most unfriendly type, but she seems immune to happy thoughts.

Aquarius: seems to think he's better than everyone else. Not Ford's favorite person.

Taurus: nice and friendly guy but perhaps easily worried at times. Will's alias!

Libra: a girl who likes teasing. And stalking.

Pisces: the only one who seems to care about capitalizing the right letters. Is a trainer, like Ford!

Capricorn: easy going guy.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
@Manganum: I was thinking that myself!

@Red: Accepted your character made for an intriguing read :)

EDIT: Chapter 2 is now up guys :D

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
@Royal I'd be up for that. May not be too much of a fight considering I've only got two Pokemon against your five (as I don't plan on getting any of the monkey Pokemon or catching anything new right now), but I do want to start getting some interaction going. Besides, Bennet would probably be very interested in Rayne's ability to speak to Pokemon, might even have my own say a few words (though of course I wouldn't be able to understand them) if for nothing else than to flesh out their personalities a bit.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
@Noob Hacker - Rayne battles fairly, so if your trainer only had two, she would only use two. c:
And Rayne actually doesn't go around announcing she can understand Pokemon. She tries to keep it on a down low just for the sake of not looking like a freak. xD She could say something like how your Pokemon 'feels', instead of saying that it actually said it. Haha.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
@Royal Regardless, I look forward to the battle. Besides, assuming all goes well, there's still a lot of things in store for this RP. There will be time to wrench out those secrets. *engage half comical, half evil chuckle*

Anyways, I'll post something to get Bennet on the same date as Rayne and get him out in the town .

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
@Noob Hacker - Rayne won't be down in Viridian until the afternoon of her second day. She's currently up training on Route 22 and will actually encounter another trainer there too. c:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
Just going to jump on that train as well you guys, if anybody wants to battle in Viridian, Century will have his Pokémon healed, etc. by the morning of the 2nd day, so yeah, get at me hahaha.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Alyss could use a battle. I have to get to Viridian first but that'll be in a couple posts. She'll likely lose the battle but still. Sorry I take so long guys. I'm multitasking with each post.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Well, Bennet is going to be where the battling arenas are. So, whether for battle or just to meet and talk, that's where he can be found.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
@ Turkish, I guess you are using a dark skin because you write with white and yellow text ^^' It's of course up to you but I want to let you know that it makes it a bit hard to read your posts with most PC skins. I, for instance, have to highlight to see.

Also, writing Route 1 now~

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Oh, apologies.. It's just that I'm using a dark skin and forget that others might not be. I'll be sure to use darker font colours from here on

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Oh man, Rayne's going to be in the Viridian Forest for awhile. xD

Gonna have her stock up on supplies, haha.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
That Viridian Forest picture is big. xD

In any case, if anyone wants to interact in any way (battle/talk/engage in Irish stepdancing) with Jett then don't hesitate to tell me, because interaction is pretty much my favorite thing to do. That is, if you can stand Jett's melodramatic, whiny personality.

Back