• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Elimination Round - 2015

Which hacks should progress?

• [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118"]Pokémon Gaia Version[/URL]

Votes: 146 53.1%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298920"]Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter[/URL]

Votes: 132 48.0%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341928"]Pokémon Eclipse[/URL]

Votes: 73 26.5%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=325422"]Pokemon Mega Power[/URL]

Votes: 63 22.9%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272818"]Pokémon Cyan[/URL]

Votes: 62 22.5%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285739"]Pokémon Normal Version: Elemental Divisi

Votes: 51 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Adventure Red, Mega Power and Elemental Division are just a level higher. They just feel better and are the most appealing to play. Go FrozenInferno, 1158 & rockmegaman!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
It's quite interesting to see the current poll results for HoTY. I didn't know Adventure Red had such a large following, I was expecting Gaia to sort of mop the competition. I think it may have to do with the fact that you can select more than 1 option :)

Red 7,746 replies 1,806,074 views
Gaia 1,080 replies 380,302 vievs
Cool story bro

Normal got potential and i liked the screens i saw so i voted for it been following this hack for long
Mega cause its a great hack overall and author released 2 other good hacks he also updates fast
Red cause imo its the most fun and best hack in the forum i can replay it x100 and still not get bored
I find Cyan less good than the other hacks so cant vote because of the 3 limit but the hack got potential as for Eclipse i havent played that 1 from the screens it looks promising and for some reason it makes me feel its related to gaia 0.0

Anyway gz to red for 2th place again this hack will never be 1 in this forum with all the trolls/haters it got in a peoples vote it would lose to gaia from 1 post accounts who dont want to see red win and in a judge vote red will get 2/10 in most categories like it did all last years i guess having mod enemies gets you screwed cough cough

Gz to Gaia for 1th place and getting 6-8/10 score from judges i tried beta 2 and was not interested at the start of the hack and graphics/tiles didnt impress me i will wait for the full version before i can judge for good but lets be honest Red>Gaia in very aspect the numbers say it all (look views and replies of both hacks threads better hacks get the most fame deal with it)
Red losing to Gaia in this poll when red just got an update and gets 2 pages a day while gaias thread is less active and hack is less known but somehow by a miracle gets more votes is what i call i smell bs

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Cool story bro

Normal got potential and i liked the screens i saw so i voted for it been following this hack for long
Mega cause its a great hack overall and author released 2 other good hacks he also updates fast
Red cause imo its the most fun and best hack in the forum i can replay it x100 and still not get bored
I find Cyan less good than the other hacks so cant vote because of the 3 limit but the hack got potential as for Eclipse i havent played that 1 from the screens it looks promising and for some reason it makes me feel its related to gaia 0.0

Anyway gz to red for 2th place again this hack will never be 1 in this forum with all the trolls/haters it got in a peoples vote it would lose to gaia from 1 post accounts who dont want to see red win and in a judge vote red will get 2/10 in most categories like it did all last years i guess having mod enemies gets you screwed cough cough

Gz to Gaia for 1th place and getting 6-8/10 score from judges i tried beta 2 and was not interested at the start of the hack and graphics/tiles didnt impress me i will wait for the full version before i can judge for good but lets be honest Red>Gaia in very aspect the numbers say it all (look views and replies of both hacks threads better hacks get the most fame deal with it)
Red losing to Gaia in this poll when red just got an update and gets 2 pages a day while gaias thread is less active and hack is less known but somehow by a miracle gets more votes is what i call i smell bs

You making an accusation? Please elaborate. Haha.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Cool story bro
What's up with the sarcastic reply? Well, since you've done the liberty, I'll have to return the favor.

The poll speaks for itself really. The amount of thread views you have doesn't determine anything interms of the quality of a hack. I'm not calling any one hack lesser than another existing hack, I have no business making that accusation until I play them all. Regardless, my point still stands, Gaia is still top in the polls taking a large amount of votes with it.

Red will get past the elimination round easily. It's definitely a number 2 fan favourite, judging from the poll results. I don't think you need to worry about any bias in the results of this year's HoTY since you can't be a judge if your hack breaks past the elimination round. So, assuming your point as to why Adventure Red would never win is because the creator will be put in a negative light by the moderators, then you can rest assured. Both moderators of this section have been disqualified from judging due to the rules of the competition. This will be as close to fair as it gets.

look views and replies of both hacks threads better hacks get the most fame deal with it
Oh you, you don't know the first thing about ROM hacking. It also seems to me, you're going into this with a large bais and it's almost as if you're out to get Gaia. Don't put a bad name to your favorite hack, please behave and keep your frustrations to yourself.

Popularity amongst the community is nice, but in my eyes, I want to see excellent scripts, maps, consistency in graphics, features and game play. These are the things the judges will be looking for, we couldn't care less about the thread views which you seem to hold very dear.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
It's amazing how these hack of the year/month threads always create arguments, when we should just be celebrating all of the nominations. They are all good, and no matter how the final voting works, there will be inherent bias (even the categories chosen in the finale will favor one over another). If you value scripting and storyline, you would probably favor Adventure Red. The final categories will probably favor mapping and general appeal, and Gaia does those things the best. If uniqueness and difficulty were more important, Normal would win in a landslide.

Let's enjoy the nominations for what they are, free games that creators put tons of time into for our enjoyment :D

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Cool story bro

Thanks for playing my hack, and thanks for supporting my hack. However, I just want to say that I'm uncomfortable when people compare my hack to other people. It makes thing stressful and it becomes a competition when I'm doing it purely for hobby (despite the fact that I regularly get stressed and lash out at people).

I've also stated many times in the past in my thread that I really don't care about the Hack of the Year award (sure it's nice to get it), but I wouldn't get upset if I come 2nd, 3rd or not one of the Top 3 at all. This is because like I said above, I've started my hack purely as a hobby and not because of competition or for the end of the year award.

As for the bs of the poll, I doubt there is any bs. Besides, I've played Gaia and Glazed (last year) before (not the recent one due to not having enough time and stuff), and they are really great hacks. I'm sure the other hacks here are great as well.

Anyway, thanks for supporting me, and I'm not trying to attack you because I really appreciate your support. However, I just don't want people to start making accusation and comparison like last year. The last thing I want to see is people comparing 2 hacks and start labeling the flaws of each hacks, which is never fun for the creator. Anyway, hope you're cool with that :) .

Years
My vote goes to adventure red cause it simply perfect. i also think pokemon adventure red, glazed, light platinum and sovereign of the skies, are not only the best hacks i've ever played, but they're also some of the best games i've ever played. And honestly, i really can't understand all the hype for pokemon gaia since to me it looks like they took fire red and added some new pokemons and mega evolutions. First place should go to adventure red, but people still voting for pokemon gaia even though is kinda "meh"

Last edited:
Back