• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2015
Its fine, Its working, just wondering though, anyone have a walkthrough for lauren region? preferably not on youtube

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm in Zhery, so no. I'm thinking of doing a game walkthrough, however. They tend to be hard to find for hacks so mapping and walkthroughing are useful activities.

HOWEVER...search Youtube for a Light Platinum walkthrough. It's on the non-English version.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2015
Okay so i am at the 4th gym (again, this is my second play though :P), but every time i try to fight someone the trainers textures break and the rom freezes. can someone please help me. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys, I can't find enigma berry....can someone tell me where it is ??
It's in Berry Shop.

Well, completed the first Gym. Being a mapper, I took screenshots all the way through (and have of every area so far). About to embark on Route 404 with my Running Shoes, which I now know come from the guy who blocks the way (Mom? ;) ). Here's a map of the first Gym.

Spoiler:

What I find interesting about this, and notable, are the beehives scattered about hanging on the trees. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I realized these honeypots trigger battles with Wild Combee (Lv.8-10 is the general range, I believe). Almost like a built-in way to train against one of the exact Pokémon held by the three junior trainers, and kinda cool actually. The thing that I find interesting is that each hive does not disappear after battles, like I would have expected. Could there have been fewer? Perhaps, but I still think it's a neat idea.

I also noticed you get a preview of the Leader's (Jessica) highest-level Pokémon, the Lv.22 Vespiquen, before you commence battle. Again, a bit different, and takes advantage of the big platforms that Gym Leaders usually stand on.

I had a nice team of birds, firemen, and the occasional lightning rod. Therefore, I was able to get through here in splendid fashion.

EDIT: Well, that euphoria didn't last long.

e05.png
e06.png

As you can see, first I'm hanging out at the top of the tree instead of walking behind it; quickest I've ever climbed a tree. If you try walking behind it, you go over the tiles instead of behind. The second shot next to the tree is related to the four grass patches in the top row next to it; going south, you walk on top of the first patch before going through it in the lower rows. Going north, you seem to still go through it at least going into the top row, or left/right in the row. Just a minor graphical glitch. :)

I'm also secretly wishing the Moomoo Milk house featured an NPC to rest your Pokémon since Gold is dead ahead on the path...but that's me. :)

Cyclone
Nothing personal, but why analyzing something we know? =D

Oooh. Decided to random-headbutt an NPC tree while wandering around back to Central City (for exercise :P ) and located a Scyther. That deserves an Ultra Ball, I'll say. However, the one in the golden beehive area of Inhore Woods does not work. You can't Cut the twig either.

EDIT: Ooh! Just came across the dual Snorlax on the bridge. Brilliant animating as well. Hate to point out that after the Honey Lady script goes through its process that the woman walks down the path and stalls somewhere on Route 405. She appears absent-minded and just says the same thing she said a moment earlier standing at the bridge, and doesn't seem in a hurry to get back to the city:

e07v.png

If you leave to Route 404 and return to this spot, she's gone, however, like she should be. Also, I haven't uploaded the image of what happens when you speak to the Miltank; it moos and runs around while the text is still on the screen. Wondering how the scripting allows them to run around there, something beyond my understanding at present I'm sure. I did pick up my Lv.10 Miltank, meanwhile...kind of bummed that we're going into Routes against Pokémon in the high teens and I have to hang around Inhore leveling up a cow. Joy. Wish we could produce our own milk from the thing once a day or something, but Nintendo never thought about that (probably for good reason).

Cyclone
It's because they have moving move and the msgbox isn't closeonkeypress, nothing serious.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm thinking of doing it as well, but I'm way back at Route 406 ATM. If I actually complete the walkthrough for the entire game (I have screenshots of every Pokémon and every amount of money won without the Amulet Coin in every battle so far except for two missing screens), I may have to replay the game during which I will put my walkthrough to the test on Youtube. That would constitute my first Let's Play video.

Just visited the Pantem Pokémon Center. Forced battle as you try to enter - how sassy. :D Oddly, the weakest battle of the entire journey, I found. I'm currently training the Miltank I received (almost done) and leveling up the rest of the PC populus before moving on.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Finished Lauren league, now catching the legendaries.....I didn't know there was a 39 of them O.o

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
This hack is seriously amazing I had 1 problem that was major couldn't go into sky tower cuz the guard wouldn't move thanks to ash I knew what to and sorry for being a pain in the ass :p and I only have one pokemon problem is sneasal and weavile in this game cuz I really want a weavile....?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, I have gone ahead and started a walkthrough for this game after some thought on the formatting (I haven't decided whether to do an ASCII art of the title yet and that will be something new to me, but I'll accept contributions).

I have created my own version of a title bar for each section and so far spaced everything out nicely for the first section of the game, which concludes with Jessica's Gym. I have decided to use the existing video playthrough to help me with formulating my own strategies and will then write the playthrough based on my own battle experience. I may ruin a surprise or two this way, but I like to think I'll be equally surprised in the video. I'm eager to see the player's reaction to the two Snorlax on the bridge; I recall my reaction was that it was awesome animation. :D

New question: I know we get the Good Rod on Route 404 by listening to the fisherguy babble. If we bypass that, is there an Old Rod somewhere? I see stuff in place for the Old Rod, but obviously that may have just been filler as mandatory for the editor. Also, in Yellow Town and Central City, there is no wild Pokémon data either surfing or fishing; can this be game-crashing because the game doesn't have data for it? Same question for the Safari Zone; there is a water patch on one map with no Pokémon in it, that being the Meadow Zone; the Desert Zone does have Psyduck and the Goldeen chain around, as well as Magikarp, and the Ice Zone hilariously has them as well with the water frozen over. Finally, is the Super Rod in the game?

As a final note, Bug Catcher José appears to travel to Route 404 ahead of the player; it would be neat if he inexplicably vanishes from his spot just northwest of Yellow Town after one of the many events in order to give some realism to his appearance. I noticed he now has only one Metapod instead of two Caterpie, he traded his two Venipede for a Spinarak, and he apparently found a Pinsir in the tree himself.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
Someone help me out I'm doing the legendary hunt and I wanna catch dialga. palkia next but idk where to find them...? Someonev tell me how please

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
e10n.png

I don't think it was considered that we could walk around here to harass the two apparently awesome battlers. When I walk up to the two of them, they have no scripts.

e11a.png
e11b.png

Uh...so we lie and we don't get the Egg? Obviously if someone quickly presses the wrong button, they will forever miss out on the Eevee within. We have a very buggy city here.

EDIT: All right...in 407, someone is supposed to give you the Leftovers. I can't receive them for some reason.

REEDIT: Turns out that I needed to drop something in the PC. I was carrying too many items. Something needs to be put in to check that the item is actually received and in inventory, probably starting from about Pantem Town but could be used earlier in case someone doesn't pick up a Lucky Egg or some other item along the way. Now I'm looking at a weird text error from the Steam takeover of Esmereld; not game-breaking, but looks messy.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Aww. You have every evolution of Evee except Lefeon and Glaceon ) :

Any other way I can get them?
They were introduced in fourth gen. and this is a third gen. game. Hacking Pokémon into the game can only go so far. Unless he's implemented stones to evolve them (i.e. Eevee + Leaf Stone for Leafeon for instance, not sure what Glaceon could be), there is otherwise no way to get them even if they were in the game bar being catchable in the wild. Normally, you can only evolve them by leveling up where a Moss Rock or an Ice Rock are located, and that functionality is not available here.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I don't think both are available in the hack.

They were introduced in fourth gen. and this is a third gen. game. Hacking Pokémon into the game can only go so far. Unless he's implemented stones to evolve them (i.e. Eevee + Leaf Stone for Leafeon for instance, not sure what Glaceon could be), there is otherwise no way to get them even if they were in the game bar being catchable in the wild. Normally, you can only evolve them by leveling up where a Moss Rock or an Ice Rock are located, and that functionality is not available here.

Cyclone

Thanks guys/girls. I figured you couldn't get them. It's alright. I've managed to deal with it. Aside from the repeating scripts of some people (a bit lazy there), It's a great hack so far. The visuals are amazing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
@Cyclone: No more 4th gen talk, okay? ;)
Hey now...I was commenting that we can't evolve by Moss Rocks or Ice Rocks in the third gen. ;)

No new updates from me so far today - I have access to the second Gym, but decided I'm getting every single Pokémon I have to the 20s, using 22 as a benchmark as I know the first Gym Pokémon are at that level. In the video playthrough I witnessed I see he showed off the Master Ball bug on 407 and being able to access the Gym after going to the Route while Steam was still around. I can see this is why it's now set to not be able to leave town at all during that (except by way of 406). I also took the time to catch an Abra, which is always one I try to use a better Ball on NEway and a great Psychic once evolved, but they're a pain to capture (though I've mastered a strategy using Hypnosis) and evolve at the same time.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
What is there to do after both leagues and championship? Is there any battle tower or frontier to keep me playing? If not I'll skip this.

Back