• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Found these beautys in my collection. All are holo and in near perfect condition.

Holo Star Jolteon
Set: Ex Power Keepers
Collector Number: 101/108

Holo Venusaur
Set: Base Set
Collector Number: 15/102
First Edition: Nope.
Shadowless: Nope.

Holo Flareon
Set: Jungle Expansion
Collector Number: 3/64

Holo Alakazam
Set: Base Set 2
Collector Number: 1/130

Thanks in advance, and I'll be back later as I dig some out of my collection. :3

Last edited:
Years
Found these beautys in my collection. All are holo and in near perfect condition.

Holo Star Jolteon
Set: Ex Power Keepers
Collector Number: 101/108

Holo Venusaur
Set: Base Set
Collector Number: 15/102

Holo Flareon
Set: Jungle Expansion
Collector Number: 3/64

Holo Alakazam
Set: Base Set 2
Collector Number: 1/130

Thanks in advance, and I'll be back later as I dig some out of my collection. :3

Power Keepers Jolteon Gold Star: $20 to $30.
Base Set 2 Alakazam: $3 to $5.

For Venusaur, I need its status as to whether it's 1st edition or not as well as its status as to whether it's shadowless or not (check the first post of this thread if you're unsure what I mean by these).

For Flareon, I need to know whether it is a 1st edition or not.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Power Keepers Jolteon Gold Star: $20 to $30.
Base Set 2 Alakazam: $3 to $5.

For Venusaur, I need its status as to whether it's 1st edition or not as well as its status as to whether it's shadowless or not (check the first post of this thread if you're unsure what I mean by these).

For Flareon, I need to know whether it is a 1st edition or not.

Mhm, I saw it in the thread, and I guess I was making the edits as you were typing your response.

As for the cards:

Venosaur is not shadowless and is not first edition.

Flareon is not first edition as well.

Years
Promo Zapdos- 70 HP
Number 23

Promo Articuno - 70hp
Number 22

Promo Holo/Shiny Meowth (GB symbol by card) 50 hp
Number 10

1st edition Machamp Holo/shiny - 100 HP
Number 8/102

Years
Promo Zapdos- 70 HP
Number 23

Promo Articuno - 70hp
Number 22

Promo Holo/Shiny Meowth (GB symbol by card) 50 hp
Number 10

1st edition Machamp Holo/shiny - 100 HP
Number 8/102

Black Star Promo 23 Zapdos: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 22 Articuno: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 10 (Game Boy Promo) Meowth: $1 to $3.

For Machamp, I need to know whether it has a shadow to the right of the picture or not.

Years
Black Star Promo 23 Zapdos: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 22 Articuno: $1 to $3.
Black Star Promo 10 (Game Boy Promo) Meowth: $1 to $3.

For Machamp, I need to know whether it has a shadow to the right of the picture or not.

No, it does not have a shadow, just his arms in the background multiple times.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Good Evening, First post here. I'm hoping someone can help as this is a unique one.

I have a Neo Genesis Foil

Jumpluff, Grass type 70HP.

I know generally this one is pretty worthless, however mine is different. (I think)

it appears to be holofoil over the entire card (similar to a japanese rare, however not as brilliant)

has anyone here heard of such an english printed card? I am unaware of any, and any google searches turn up nothing.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
I just started collecting cards about a week ago, and I would like to confirm
the price of this card please. (:

Theme: Boundaries Crossed
Series Number: 144
Name of card: Landorus EX (Foil/Full Art)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just started collecting cards about a week ago, and I would like to confirm
the price of this card please. (:

Theme: Boundaries Crossed
Series Number: 144
Name of card: Landorus EX (Foil/Full Art)

That's a 35$ card right there, congrats! :)

Years
Good Evening, First post here. I'm hoping someone can help as this is a unique one.

I have a Neo Genesis Foil

Jumpluff, Grass type 70HP.

I know generally this one is pretty worthless, however mine is different. (I think)

it appears to be holofoil over the entire card (similar to a japanese rare, however not as brilliant)

has anyone here heard of such an english printed card? I am unaware of any, and any google searches turn up nothing.

Would you mind uploading a picture as an attachment? I think it's a fake, personally, but it could just be a very heavily damaged normal print of the card. Either way, it has no value.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Hey guys and gals of the pokemon community, I just got in to the game and came across a Charizard 100/101 and Mew 101/101, im not a pro at grading cards but I have spent years with comics and other collectibles. My question is, should I send these cards in to get graded to maximize their value? They are Near Mint, if Not Mint condition. My only question is because they are cased and graded people cant use them in a game, does this take away from their appeal? Thanks for the info!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Shiny Charizard from Ex Dragon Frontiers?

And the Mew, is it from World Championships or from Ex Dragon Frontier?

The Charizard is around 110$ and the cheapest they'll buy it from you is 73$ and for the Mew it's around 30$ for the EX Dragon Frontier one and 70$ for the one from World Championship.
But most card store won't take them since they're cased and graded. But sell those to collectors and they'll buy them for amazing prices.

The mew is the non world championship one. And yes both them are the shiny pokemon. And you do reccomend I get them graded to make them worth the most to collectors correct? Thanks!

Years
Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.

Years
I'm unable to post links until I've posted 15 times on this forum. I do believe you'd rather me not spam the forums just to get there.

look me up on facebook, as Ive added a photo there. I will make my photos available.

or if you provide an email I can mail you the photo to upload?

When you go to make a post, you would click the paper-clip to upload something as an attachment (images uploaded on other sites are blocked because when you post it you're technically posting a URL, and those are blocked to keep adbots and spambots from spreading viruses and scamming our users before we get a chance to spot them).

Anyway, the card looks legit, just looks like it's suffered some damage from age. I've had that happen to a few of my grass-type Neo Genesis holos. At best, you'd get a $1 for it.

I've gone ahead and posted the image in my post here:

302835_10100507367932519_1113268395_n.jpg

Feel free to remove your personal Facebook page info from your previous post if you wish.

Others might have a different assessment, as I'm not 100% sure of the card's legitimacy myself, but from what I can see it's legitimate.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
hmm, well I know for certain I pulled the card from a sealed booster (albeit some years ago.)

I'd be willing to think it was wear if it hadn't been that way since the day I got it. You think that could happen in the package? either way, thanks for taking the time to look at this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back