• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform!

Years
With Generation Three came an exclusive Pokemon that changes form depending on the weather and can learn a variety of moves, including the weather inducing 'Sunny Day' and 'Rain Dance'. What do you think of this interesting Pokemon?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
I remember trying to use Castform during the story but in the end I boxed the poor guy. :(

Playing around with the weather and seeing his multiple forms was fun though.

I wonder what Mega Castform would be like.......

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I really like Castform! I remember being so surprised at receiving it when I first played Emerald - it was my first game so I had no idea gift pok?mon were a regular thing.

I used one on my play through a year or two ago, although he didn't make the cut for my Battle Frontier EV training he was very fun, especially in allowing me to power up my Torkoal or Swampert's moves depending on which Weather move I used. Gave him a Damp Rock in Gen IV and nearly soloed the Diamond version of the Sinnoh League as well. Good in contests too!

Design-wise Castform's nice to look at - I never use pok?mon whose design I don't like, which can cause problems for me i.e. stubbornly refusing to evolve Zubat until I know it'll turn into Crobat within a level, keeping un-evolved Pikachu in games where Light Ball didn't exist yet, but Castform made the cut and not being able to take a hit couldn't make me ditch him.

Years
I didn't like Castform at all his moveset and overall stats made a bad choice in my party as thus i stored him in my Pc.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
It's kinda cute and its concept is interesting...
It also could be useful if you use its movepool well. (e.g. Hail + Blizzard for Fortree, Rain Dance + Hydro Pump for Mossdeep (+ Wide Lens would be recommended), Thunder for Sootpolis, though Sunny Day and switch might be better).
It's stats are balanced, though not very high.

...too bad his design is in the other side rather questionable as a part of it looks something... masculine.
And yes, competitively it is also an unrecommendable choice, I think.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I still don't get why Sandstorm isn't a form. I mean, it isn't technically weather, but still...
I do like it though. I wonder what a mega/alolan form would be like?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My first thought: a thread about Chase?!

Anyway, I really liked Castform as a kid. Ditto has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, so a 'weather Ditto' (essentially lol) really appealed to me back then. I don't love it as much as when I was a kid, but it's still a really interesting Pokemon imo. It's cute and interesting. Not the best, but I've had fun using it before so hey.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've really only ever used it once, I believe. Never really had a use for it as I don't make use of weather moves much, and that seems to be all it's good for sadly. It's adorable though, I'd really like to try it out next time I replay a Hoenn game.

Years
Castform is a notably tricky gimmick Pokemon to use, but you do have to admit it makes up for that by being cute. My fave forms are Rainy and Snowy but I appreciate Sunny form as well since they are all cute equally.

It was nice that in OR/AS, the gift Castform has a heightened Beauty contest stat and with the fact it has Weather Ball + three weather inducing moves that fit Beauty, it can work well when you dedicate your time to Contests.

Years
I wish I used it more in the Gen III days. ;___; Even in ORAS I didn't really use it a whole lot, so I never really grew attached to it. It's a cute Pokemon, though!!

It was interesting that in OR/AS, the Castform had a boosted Beauty condition when you received it. I did enjoy using mine in a Beauty contest occasionally, but I felt her strategy was hard to pull off.

Back