• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Bank update released, compatible with Gen 7

bobandbill

one more time
Years

The Pokémon Bank update has just been released! Find out all the new features and details here. Comes with a Mewnium Z Crystal!

Read the guide

Written by ddrox13.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
oh, and here I was bitching about a lack of a release date earlier today

ty based game freak

User19sq

It's nice knowing you don't have to sacrifice the Gen VI bank for the update!

User19sq

wait, do we also have to go to the eShop to update the Transporter? Or just the Bank?

Also, it's been confirmed that this is the only way to get the Mewnium Z-Crystal is through this update.

Whoot! :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
wait, do we also have to go to the eShop to update the Transporter? Or just the Bank?

Whoot! :3
eShop for both, or at least download it via it. If you're not going to use Transporter you don't need to download it to use Bank.

Also note that Bank servers have maintenance right now, but it shouldn't last too long. You can still download the update in the meantime.

Years
And here I was starting to think they were going to delay the update and I could finally finish the game(s) or maybe even get through some other games I haven't even started yet.

Time for a few more months of breeding/trading/Rotom hopelessly begging me to continue the plot.

User19sq

I'm happy to see that the PokeDex itself is also synchronizable with the current games. Makes getting multiple Shiny Charms easier. XD

User19sq

The Transporter tells me that it can't find a game that's compatible... despite having two of them in my 3DS. What's wrong?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The Transporter tells me that it can't find a game that's compatible... despite having two of them in my 3DS. What's wrong?
The game card has to be inserted into the 3DS before starting Bank. Otherwise it's unable to transfer Pokemon between Bank and the game.

User19sq

The game card has to be inserted into the 3DS before starting Bank. Otherwise it's unable to transfer Pokemon between Bank and the game.

It is. And I even received the Z-Crystal too. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. XD;;;;;

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
So with the new Pokedex feature, can we see new flavor text information for non Alolan Dex Pokemon now? All I'm seeing is info for all of the Gen VI titles.

Ok so I found that they don't get new flavor text. That's kinda lame.

Last edited:
Years

This may sound silly, but have you updated Transporter itself? The updates for Bank and Transporter are two separate downloads.

User19sq

This may sound silly, but have you updated Transporter itself? The updates for Bank and Transporter are two separate downloads.

Uh-huh. But to be safe, I deleted the update and began redownloading it.

User19sq

Transporter is used for Red, Blue, Yellow, (Green,) Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun and Moon are still managed via Bank.

Does immense stupidity qualify for a ban around here? If not, I think it should because of me. ; ^;

Thanks for the intel.

Back