PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
I’m personally hoping for any of these new games to introduce No. 899 so that we can kick off gen9 with 900+, which would be interesting. Your thoughts?
This signature has been disabled.
Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Dawn

None
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
16,090 posts
6.8 Years
I don't think it's entirely out of the question, as mid-gen introductions are a thing they've been doing since Gen III, with entirely new Pokemon from a dex standpoint from Gen VI, so we might see some new Legendary that Arceus created around then or something. I expect it'd be more than one though, and tbh I'm expecting a different form for Arceus more than I am something entirely new.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

_pheebee

Gosh! What's poppin'?

Age 26
Female
Minecraft~
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
455 posts
2.6 Years
There's more than likely going to be no new Pokémon.

After all, it is Sinnoh just at an earlier point in time.
It'd be unusual to make new Pokémon that are then not around during D/P
Moderator of the Fan Games Section

Supporter of Schlatt Coin!
The True Emperor of l'manburg!
Twitch.tv

Figment

Wild Gamer Appeared!

Male
Australia
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted June 3rd, 2021
251 posts
2.3 Years
the most i would expect is maybe a new form or 2, sinnoh variants of the final starter forms would be cool (especially you samurott, like, you were almost a perfect starter line atleast in my opinion)

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 17 Minutes Ago
Posted 30 Minutes Ago
14,807 posts
7.7 Years
Probably not. It's Game Freak, making a kind of game they've not made before, expectations for certain things need to be kept low.

From a lore standpoint it wouldn't be weird to see "new" Pokemon or new forms though. While we don't know exactly how long ago L:A takes place, it's likely long enough ago that it would be possible to see Pokemon or forms of certain Pokemon that were only around at that time in Sinnoh and went extinct or changed into a new form or moved elsewhere by the time of modern Sinnoh in DPPt.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
Seen May 21st, 2021
Posted May 21st, 2021
2 posts
64 Days
I'm kinda excited for the game, but not expecting much because it's Game Freak.

All I'm expecting is a huge map with a great variety of Pokémon(even in Sinnoh) and maybe some nice tasks to keep completing.

Would be pretty nice a good story around Arceus.

We had Meltan and Melmetal revealed sing Pokémon Go and Let's Go compatibility, so, I guess even not huge chance, could happen.

Cubchoo

ah ~ choo!

he, they
Dragonspiral Tower
Online now
Posted 31 Minutes Ago
1,588 posts
214 Days
I think I'd expect more different forms than new Pokemon.

That said, considering we have Rowlett and Oshawott in the game (and they certainly weren't in Sinnoh in the originals), I wouldn't completely rule new Pokémon out either.

Hybrid Trainer

Age 26
Him/Them
«UK»
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2,088 posts
12.7 Years
There's more than likely going to be no new Pokémon.

After all, it is Sinnoh just at an earlier point in time.
It'd be unusual to make new Pokémon that are then not around during D/P
While I do agree that we probably won't see any new pokemon, I think they could easily make it work to have a new pokemon native to Sinnoh.
With the release of BDSP they've got a free pass to rewrite/add in new elements to sinnoh, so they could easily have a new ancient event pokemon in Legends and then have a small event in BDSP where the focus is that a super old pokemon has been discovered

Figure

Age 27
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
Maybe some cash grab mythical but nothing beyond that.

Flowerchild

golden girl

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 24 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
8,373 posts
11.2 Years
I doubt we'll get brand new ones because hey, game set in the past. Maybe give me like, unfossilized versions of fossil Pokemon or something.

Shh I know it's not set millions of years ago so that wouldn't really make sense
PairFamilyPal