• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon have you gotten attached to?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I will always remember the team I had on FireRed several years ago. I used to play FireRed while taking college courses to help me adjust to the new environment and everything else going on. Pokemon, and particularly FireRed, were so comfortable and known.

The team I raised during that playthrough was: Charizard, Poliwrath, Persian, Raichu, and Aerodactyl. A strange mix of Pokemon, but they carried me to victory against the Elite Four. And I did it while on campus. So when I go back to the campus, I walk by the area that I was sitting in when I defeated FireRed, and I smile.

All thanks to my strange crew of Pokemon.

(It was also at college that I discovered level grinding in Final Fantasy VI was a really great stress-reducer!)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
besides Zekrom since that's my favorite Pokemon

I have a Volcarona named Scarlet that I'm kinda attached to, for whatever reason.

Years
The shiny eeveelutions I've already bred =3

Also usually get attached to the first box art legendary I catch in a new pokemon game.
For example; I'm really attached to my first Zamazenta from Shield whereas the Zacian I caught later on in Sword is just 'meh'.

Years
So many! Getting attached to my Pokémon is one of the things I really like when playing the games. I never reset my game, I'm too sentimental.

Only from Ruby, there is my first starter Blaziken and my constant team members Swellow, Linoone and Lanturn. My Mightyena that knows Dig and fainted from poison after evolving before I could get to the Pokémon centre. My jolly Castform. My Slaking that knows Focus Punch. My Abra that I caught with a Master Ball because I was little and didn't know better. My Delcatty that I raised to level fifty-something before realising she evolves by Moon Stone.

I also get attached to Legendaries, especially in gens 3 and 4. They were hard to catch or came from special sources and were really memorable - the Lake Guardians, Cresselia, the female Heatran from Mt Stark, the male Eruption Heatran, Shaymin, Manaphy and Deoxys from Ranger: Guardian Signs, the shiny Legendary beasts from the Zoroark movie giveaway...

Ooh, and foreign Pokémon from the GTS back in gen 4. Our Piplup was Japanese and our Turtwig was Mexican - we like to joke that he'd watch Mexican soap operas when he felt homesick, haha.

That's off the top of my head, haven't scratched the newer generations (my female Incineroar from Moon, or my Galar mons...).

Years
A shiny whismicott I was given on here.

Ahh I am in a similar situation! I got a few from friends here that I adore and will keep forever. ;o;

Also attached to a bunch of other shinies I've gotten. Furret, Jumpluff, Camerupt, Ampharos, and more. But I also have a soft spot for my BW story team, especially Serperior. Its regular ability isn't the best so I don't use it often, but I love it a lot anyway and won't ever release it.

Years
I really didn't like Gardevoir all that much when I first picked up Emerald. Wally's wasn't that strong so I didn't think much of it. Now though? Complete beast every time.

other than that, I've gotten really attached to this one Vaporeon I used to solo FireRed. Was like level 78 by the league but I just didn't have the drive to level anyone but him.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
pretty much all my favorite pokemon. i am more likely to get attached to pokemon i have plushies of tho. i have a plushie togekiss, which i used to not even LIKE this pokemon lol, but my dad got me that plushie so i'm super attached to the pokemon now. the design grew on me and my dad doesn't buy gifts a lot so i'm already attached to the few gifts that he's gotten me over the years.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Gardevoir. For some reason, until recently, I had a penchant for making Gardevoir my main evil team-slayer, and it was always male. The one I had in Alpha Sapphire was named Waterproof, and the one in Ultra Moon I named Rocketproof. I think I named one Aetherproof too.

I learned to like Illumise after, in Mystery Dungeon DX, I recruited one in Wish Cave and it learned Moonlight, which so happened to be able to heal everyone in my team for free. That Illumise is gone now, but its sacrifice was not in vain.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Certain shynies. I have a shiny beast ball sylvion that I'm extremely attached to and legendary and mythicals. If I had my very first pokemon. (an empolion named pipi) that wold definitely be one I wold be attached to

Years
There are so many. I like to immerse myself in the game when I play Pokemon since that helps me relax and "escape the real world" for an hour or two and feel like a kid again, because of this I've gotten attached to a lot of my Pokemon. I won't list all of my playthrough teams since that would be too much so I'll just talk about a few of my special Pokemon that didn't come from my playthrough teams.

My first Masuda Method shiny was a female Dratini when Gen 6 came out and that Dragonite is really special since I used it a lot in Wi-Fi/Battle Spot battles in the last couple of generations and it also helped me win 50 super single battles streak ribbon in Battle Tree as well as the master rank Battle Royal ribbon.

My first and also completely random shiny Dusclops from Friend Safari that I got on my second encounter in Friend Safari, I also got it a few days before Dragonite and these two have been battling together ever since then. That Dusclops was also on that team that won me Battle Tree and Battle Royal ribbons.

A team of Red Gyarados, Alakazam and Garchomp that helped me win a couple of Battle Frontier's Gold Prints in my Heart Gold version.

A team of Volcarona, Gyarados and Amoonguss that help me beat every tournament in White 2's Pokemon World Tournament.

Years
Certain shynies. I have a shiny beast ball sylvion that I'm extremely attached to and legendary and mythicals. If I had my very first pokemon. (an empolion named pipi) that wold definitely be one I wold be attached to

A Beast Ball Sylveon (especially a shiny) is something I would absolutely love to have personally! It's such an awesome aesthetic. Heck Beast Balls are awesome in general for almost anything, shiny/matching color or not lol. Pipi is also an adorable name. You have good taste in mons. :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
I really like Lycanroc (any of its forms), canine-shaped Pokemon are my weakness. I also got attached to my Crobat that I evolved without knowing Golbat even had an evolution, so I almost always get one if Zubat is available.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm attached to a Magnezone I used in Platinum! It became my MVP and made me love using the evo line in general c:

Also my whole Sun team honestly, they're all such dorkable personalities~ such as the Primarina I got from Dragon as an egg as a gift <3

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
When I was a kid I raised a Dragonite on Silver and I ended up defeating the game for the very first time using it. It was the first time I ever defeated the champion in Pokemon so it was memorable/meaningful to me. I then completed the whole game with it and raised it to level 100. It's still on my old Silver cartridge.

Besides that I had a kickass Wigglytuff in either Fr/Lg. I think I used pal park to get it onto my copy of Diamond? I've tried replaying and using different Wigglytuff and I've never had the same success with the original one. Idk if it has awsome ivs/evs (I know very little about that stuff) but it was just so good in comparison.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have several PC boxes full of nicknamed pokémon I have used in previous games, plus a bunch of Swamperts and Espeons from Gen III. Essentially anything I deemed worthy of joining my team at any point in the past, I keep in a special box and sometimes use in future games.

And since my 'teams' since Exp Share became what it is today involve two or three dozen monsters on permanent rotation, that means I must have well over a hundred 'special' mons. Off the top of my head, a bunch of starters, several Crobats, several Gengars, several Saurs of all evolutionary stages, like 75% of all poison-types in general, and a bunch of random things like a Stunfisk or a Minior.

Back