• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you think the (unconfirmed ages) protagonists are?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Some protagonists don't have confirmed ages. So, I wanted to ask you guys how old you think the protagonists that don't have ages known are.

Here are the protagonists with ages confirmed:

Red is 11 in R/B/Y and FR/LG, so we can assume Leaf/Green/Blue whatever you guys call her is 11, too.
OR/AS May and Brendan are confirmed to be 12 in ORAS through some story dialogue I think during the Delta Episode.
Hilda and Hilbert are confirmed to be 14 by Ken Sugimori or someone of that like.
Elio and Selene are confirmed to be 11 by Miss Wicke in the game's story.
Also, Wes is 17. But I don't think spinoff protagonists should count for this thread.

So, this leaves the following protagonists with ages unknown:

Ethan, Kris and Lyra have unknown ages, but here's a tidbit: Lyra is apparently 4"11 and 90 pounds and Ethan is also 4"11, and 88 pounds, so it might be easy to guess how old they are from this data.
Dawn and Lucas also have unknown ages, but Dawn is apparently 4'6, and Lucas is 4'8, so we can figure out their ages from that.
Nate and Rosa have unknown ages as well, from what I remember.
Serena and Calem don't have their ages confirmed, but there's no way they're 11.
And Gloria and Victor also don't have known ages.

In my opinion, I'd say Ethan, Kris and Lyra are probably around the ages of 11 or 12. The average height of a 12 year old girl is about 4"11, so I guess we can infer that Lyra is probably 12. *Don't take what I'm saying here for granted.

I'd say Dawn and Lucas are probably 10, at best. They're short.

I'd say Nate and Rosa are anywhere between 14 and 16. I doubt they're younger kids. They seem a lot taller than some of the other protagonists, honestly, so I would like to think they're older.

Serena and Calem, in my opinion, are most likely 16. I don't care what the Pokemon Adventures manga says about their counterparts (which are 12 year old kids) they're definitely a lot older.

I'd also estimate Victor and Gloria are around the ages of ~13 to maybe ~16. They're still kids, but I don't think they're as young as the Sun/Moon/US/UM protagonists. They look taller to me, and their faces also look older. So, I think the protagonists are young teenagers. The protagonists are about the height of the Lass trainer class, and I'd like to assume the Lasses are either middle or high school girls. I'd say that Clara and Avery are probably ~18-~20 since they call you a "kid" so they're probably older.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've always assumed that the Johto and Sinnoh player characters are 10-12 since that's the age range for several of the other player characters and probably done/intended because of the target audience (even though half the people playing Pokemon are much older than that). They don't really look older than that to me anyway.

Nate and Rosa are probably the same age as Hilda/Hilbert, don't really see any reason for them to be a different age.

The ones for Kalos and Galar strike me as older than 12 too, though idk what number I'd put them at.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i mean..........they're all kids so lol doesn't really matter to me. when you get to be my age it's just like......eh. your game protags are never your age anymore. though i remember thinking it was sO cOoL that wes was 17. bc i was 11 and when you're 11, 17 is basically an adult lmfao...

Years
Dawn is apparently 4'6, and Lucas is 4'8

goodness knowing they're so short is still super weird to me..

Kris seemed about 12-13 to me, while Lyra and Ethan 10-11 or so. They look very young in their official artwork. @_@ Meanwhile I always imagined Dawn and Lucas being around 13 too but I guess younger is actually more accurate.

Nate/Rosa and XY protags are 15-16 in my head, accurate or not. Same with Gloria and Victor.

Still wishing I could customize my character a bit more strongly and not be forced into playing a very young child but alas, doesn't bother me too much lol.

Back