• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] *~The Plushie Federation~*

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Heck yeah, plushies! I'm in!

------

What are some of your favorite plushies you own?
At the moment, the Sucklet someone bought me on my birthday last month, been wanting one for a few years! I also have a few things that I've just had for a very long time like the Peter Rabbit wind-up music box plush I got for being born. Also I rather love my flat gator and the purple kiwi Squishable that lives on my bed that one of my cats loves, too. And I can't leave out my Palaeoplushies - backed 2 of her Kickstarters and also bought two of the handmade ones.

How many plushies do you think you own?
There are 25+ plushies in my apartment, but a whole bunch more than that likely still in my mom's attic I haven't seen in like 15 years. Kid/tween me used to just spend all her allowance on plushies, not video games. I even have a photo of a big mountain of them on my bed circa 2001!

Do you sleep with your plush(ies)?
Not as much as I used to, but definitely if I'm lonely or sad past the point where my cats aren't enough to comfort me, or if I get a new one I might, just for funsies. If I stay at a friend's house, I tend to bring the flat gator as one of my pillows.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
Today I tried to sunbathe my teddy bear Maroon. He was smelling a bit stinky so I thought sunshine might lighten it up. It... lightened up, but not as much as I thought it would. Maybe wiping him down with liquid sanitizer would work?

Years
Today I tried to sunbathe my teddy bear Maroon. He was smelling a bit stinky so I thought sunshine might lighten it up. It... lightened up, but not as much as I thought it would. Maybe wiping him down with liquid sanitizer would work?

If it's a liquid laundry sanitizer, and not a hand sanitizer, then softly wiping the surface of your teddy down with a little of the detergent diluted with water on cloth is something that you can do to clean a plushie.

But since it sounds like there's not a whole lot that needs to be cleaned like a stain, and it's just an old scent that you want to neutralize, then I think the easiest and most gentle option is to put your bear in a bag, with a half a cup of baking soda. It could be a cellophane clothing bag, laundry canvas bag, big plastic shopping bag, even a pillow case could work. Tie the bag, and lightly shake it so that the baking soda brushes over him. Sit the bag down and leave the bear inside for 15 minutes, then take him out, and gently dust him off. The baking soda absorbs odors, and can also brighten material.

I hope Maroon has a nice bath! He should come out smelling clean again :)

Back