• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that most people forget about, but not you

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
What are some creatures in the series that you see quite a number of people claim that they barely remember the existence of, but you actually happen to in fact remember them with ease? For me…

The Cherrim line. You can thank the ROM hack Theta Emerald Ex to why I actually in fact never forget these guys. I desperately needed a sixth team member in my first Nuzlocke of that game, and got that. I didn't care about the fact I had a type overlap, my other grass mon worked completely differently and the Electric gym was up. While I was training him up, I imagined this insane personality where he happens to be a holy being in secret who is capable of seeing through the lives of people and the teammates I caught. The Cherrim was eventually daycared as I got more team members and I imagined him documenting the run. So yeah, thank this random ROM hack and my random descision to why I never forget these fruits.

The Lumineon line as well. Admittedly it's also because of too many other people saying it's forgettable to the point where I remember it for that, but I genuinely really like these guys! I think they have great designs, I do wish they were slightly better in battle though.

So what are some mons that you guys never seem to forget even though most fans do?

Years
i feel kinda sad that sunflora is becoming increasingly forgotten (at least, as far as i'm aware). it's such a cheery, happy go lucky sunflower pokemon that in all respects is pretty medicore/poor in battling and is more or less shafted because there's just... way better grass types to consider. i'm not exactly sure what can be done to fix this really, not sure how one evolves a sunflower. a bigger sunflower? idk.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Avalugg. Paid attention to it partially because of being disregarded. Understands why. Flops over to most special attacks. Does not have a great design. Shows up late in the game.

Seemed amazing in the right situation. Base 95 hitpoints and 184 defense, plus a solid 117 base attack? Sure. Had a lot of nice tools for a physical tank: Curse, Iron Defense, Recover, and Sturdy. Paired well with Avalanche. Learned Earthquake, Crunch, and Rock Slide, if you could fit them. Wanted to make Avalugg work.

Gained the final piece of the puzzle in Sword/Shield: Body Press. Found its niche in the Champion's Cup. Littered that place with physical attackers. Shone like a star there.

Last edited:
Years
Chimecho! No one seems to care about this guy but I loved it so much and trained one up to at least lv. 70-80 in RSE. It's cute and my friend and I both liked using it.

Also Mothim.. omg. Always loved him but geez does no one care about him at all?? He's currently one of my main 6 party members in BDSP and even though he isn't insanely strong, I still enjoy having him in my party.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
There are soo many, including ones already mentioned, but a Pokémon that jumps to mind is Cherubi! Although Cherrim is quite popular, this little guy is overlooked. I think it's adorable!

96.jpg

Years
Cherubi and Cherrim are both adorable. ❤️ I also love Swadloon (forgot to mention earlier) and think it doesn't get nearly enough love!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Mothim, Yanma, Remoraid, Tyrogue, Nincada, Vibrava, Stunky, Chatot, Hippopotas, Maractus, Heatmor, Durant...

a team with like
Mothim, Yanma, Vibrava, Remoraid, Stunky and Tyrogue would be wholesome and cute and i'm here for it

Pokeswapper

Pokeswapper
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2022
What are some creatures in the series that you see quite a number of people claim that they barely remember the existence of, but you actually happen to in fact remember them with ease? For me…

The Cherrim line. You can thank the ROM hack Theta Emerald Ex to why I actually in fact never forget these guys. I desperately needed a sixth team member in my first Nuzlocke of that game, and got that. I didn't care about the fact I had a type overlap, my other grass mon worked completely differently and the Electric gym was up. While I was training him up, I imagined this insane personality where he happens to be a holy being in secret who is capable of seeing through the lives of people and the teammates I caught. The Cherrim was eventually daycared as I got more team members and I imagined him documenting the run. So yeah, thank this random ROM hack and my random descision to why I never forget these fruits.

The Lumineon line as well. Admittedly it's also because of too many other people saying it's forgettable to the point where I remember it for that, but I genuinely really like these guys! I think they have great designs, I do wish they were slightly better in battle though.

So what are some mons that you guys never seem to forget even though most fans do?

For me it would be Clefairy from my fire Red randomised nuzlocke artlocke .. I really had no high hopes for it when it was caught ... Although it had hustle and brave nature but I only realised how strong it was when it carried out my game when all of my team was dead ... It even OHKOed a kyogre in Koga's gym battle... It was also news for me that Clefairy can learn meteor mash by level up I. Gen 3 ... Thats something I never knew ... To catch up more about it watch the series on my youtube channel by the name Pokeswapper

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Masquerain, a not very popular Pokémon that I find quite interesting, especially since it got a nice boost to its Special Attack and Speed in Gen 7.

Bug/Flying isn't a very esteemed a very type, but what makes Masquerain special is that coming from a Bug/Water it can learn moves like Scald and Ice Beam for great coverage. It might not be as popular as Volcarona or other Quiver Dance users, but it's pretty unique and also has a very helpful Ability.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 19, 2022
Delibird is fairly obscure, but it's a cute Santa bird, just in time for the holidays!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
The last time I was in a position to actually forget a Pokémon, I forgot about Unown. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what was missing from my Pokédex in Diamond (you have to see them all to trigger the post-game)...and that's how I discovered Bulbapedia!

I'm pretty sure now, despite having ostensibly grown up and gotten "real" concerns I could easily name the first 493, probably all the Unova 'mons as well if given slightly longer.

EDIT: Looked down the list of Unova Pokémon and I'd forgotten the existence of Meloetta, as they never gave out the event for Black. Genesect and Keldeo have more in-game connections (plus I like musketeers), even Heatmor didn't summon an "oh yeah, forgot about that rubbish!" type feeling, but I'll probably forget about Meloetta as soon as I close this tab.

Last edited:
Back