• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Glacial Gathering: Ice Types Fanclub

Years
This is a club for people who like Ice Types, be it in general or only some. If there is an Ice Type Pokemon you like, you will be welcomed with open arms!
Come talk about anything Ice type Pokemon =)

To join, simply choose the Ice Type Legendary that you would like as your Guardian:
attachment.php

(image is a collage of screenshots I took myself in the Crown Tundra and then edited together)

Articuno: The Freeze Pokemon.
A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains. It's said that this
Pokémon's beautiful blue wings are made of ice. Articuno flies over snowy mountains, its long tail fluttering along
behind it. This Pokémon can control ice at will.

Regice: The Iceberg Pokemon.
Regice's body was made during an ice age. The deep-frozen body can't be melted, even by fire.
This Pokémon controls frigid air of -328 degrees Fahrenheit.

Kyurem: The Boundary Pokemon: (you can pick any of it's 3 forms).
Kyurem: This legendary ice Pokémon waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals.
Black Kyurem: It's said that this Pokémon battles in order to protect the ideal world that will exist in the future for people and Pokémon.
White Kyurem: It has foreseen that a world of truth will arrive for people and Pokémon. It strives to protect that future.
(serebii lists the Black & White Kyurem dex entries the other way around, but I think that's a mistake on their end?)

Glastrier: The Wild Horse Pokemon.
Glastrier emits intense cold from its hooves. It's also a belligerent Pokémon—anything it wants, it takes by force.
Glastrier has tremendous physical strength, and the mask of ice covering its face is 100 times harder than diamond.

Ice Rider Calyrex: High King Pokemon.
According to lore, this Pokémon showed no mercy to those who got in its way, yet it would heal its opponents' wounds after battle.
It's said that this Pokémon once moved a large forest—and all the Pokémon living there—to a new location overnight.

You are free to pick your Guardian any way you want. I copied some Dex entries in the quote above, if you wish to choose one based on lore, rather than which you like most.

A Couple questions to start us off:
-What is/are your favorite Ice Type Pokemon?
-Have you ever used an Ice Type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game?

Edit:
Additional topics/questions asked in further posts (recapping them here for people who join later):
Spoiler:

Active Optional Challenges/Events:
-Draw a Regional Ice type form for any Pokemon if you want =D (doesn't expire)
|
|
|

Club Owner:
❄️ ReKoil ❄️ Guardian: Glastrier ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Glaceon, Aurorus, Alolan Ninetales, Froslass and Mamoswine ❄️

List of Members:
❄️ VisionofMilotic ❄️ Guardian: Kyurem ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Lapras ❄️
❄️ Sheep ❄️ Guardian: Glastrier ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Alolan Vulpix ❄️
❄️ Megan ❄️ Guardian: Regice ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Froslass❄️
❄️ Ash Ketchup ❄️ Guardian: Ice Rider Calyrex ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Lapras, Froslass, Glaceon, Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, Weavile, Cloyster and Aurorus ❄️
❄️ Eleanor ❄️ Guardian: Black Kyurem ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Glaceon, Froslass, Weavile, Frosmoth and Aurorus.❄️
❄️ Ninetales ❄️ Guardian: Articuno ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Glaceon and Alolan Ninetales ❄️
❄️ icycatelf ❄️ Guardian: Regice ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Alolan Sandslash, Sneasel, Lapras, Frosmoth, Shiny Glaceon and Froslass ❄️
❄️ Rabinov ❄️ Guardian: Articuno ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Articuno ❄️
❄️ Fairy ❄️ Guardian: Articuno ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Alolan Ninetales, Weavile, and Lapras ❄️
❄️ Roni ❄️ Guardian: Regice ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Dewgong, Frost Rotom, Snover, Snom, & Eiscue ❄️
❄️ Shilah Mae Grace ❄️ Guardian: Black Kyurem ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Mamoswine and Black-Kyurem ❄️
❄️ Striscia La Magicienne ❄️ Guardian: White Kyurem ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Snom, Arctozolt, Kyurem, Alolan Ninetales, Glaceon ❄️
❄️ _confused_piplup_ ❄️ Guardian: White Kyurem ❄️ Favorite Ice Type(s): Froslass, Alolan Ninetales, Spheal, Walrein, Glaceon, Dewgong, Lapras, Snom, Frosmoth ❄️

Club of the Month: October 2021!
4K7dp52.png

Club of the Year: 2021! =D

PS: I made a bunch of Ice type Avatars that can be freely used on the forums here.
Dewgong and Crabominable are in the next post.

Attachments

• IceClubBanner.png
    IceClubBanner.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
  • amaura.png
    amaura.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 39
  • amaurapuzzle.png
    amaurapuzzle.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IcePuzzle2Solution.png
    IcePuzzle2Solution.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IcePuzzleSolution.png
    IcePuzzleSolution.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 25
  • delishrew.png
    delishrew.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 63
  • smoosel.png
    smoosel.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 37
  • vulscue.png
    vulscue.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Years
Yes! This looks like the beginning of a really cool club! No pun intended.

All of the guardian Pokemon look impressive. I think I will humbly ask that Kyurem watch over me. It's storyline was interesting in the BW2 games, and I also liked how Kyurem was presented in the Sword of Justice movie.

I was tempted though by Calyrex and Articuno as well.

What is/are your favorite Ice Type Pokemon?

Probably Lapras. It's is such an alluring pokémon that makes me think of the loch Ness monster, and I have tender memories of the baby Lapras that Ash rescued and reunited with it's family after traveling through the Orange Islands with it and using it in important gym challenges like the race with Blastoise and at the Orange League against Drake's gengar. I miss this precious Pokemon, and always look forward to getting a special gift Lapras in-game.

Have you ever used an Ice Type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game?

Yes, I used a strong Beartic on my team in my last playthrough of Pokemon Black. I really like the seasons feature of the Unova games, and I was lucky enough to just so happen to be playing around the holiday season, and watched autumn become winter and was able to access areas of the game that only open when things over, and got a cute cubchoo who I raised into a fearsome-looking beartic. He really came in handy at the 8th gym vs Dryden's dragons, and he 1 hit k.oed everything with his powerful icicle crash.

I remember building a team around Cloyster in the old RBY games, and importing it into pokemon stadium. Having the special attack/defense all being one stat back in gen 1 was fun.

It's not for a main story run, but I have a Lapras in Oras right now that has been traded over to help me at the post game battle facilities. I am really enjoying it's current set, just basic basic thunderbolt, surf, freeze dry and ice shard. I am also raising up a nice thick fat Mamoswine.

I have grand plans to evolve my Eevee into Glaceon in my Sinnoh run.

Last edited:
Years
You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Kyurem.
Welcome, VisionofMilotic!

Lapras is a fine choice! It's quite the elegant pokemon. It once was my favorite Ice Type too =)

It seems you are no stranger to using an Ice type on your team either =)
It's a shame how often Ice types get omitted from people's teams, due to Ice not having any resistances other than itself while having 4 weaknesses.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll go and answer my own question too:
What is/are your favorite Ice Type Pokemon?

Glaceon, Aurorus, Alolan Ninetales, Froslass and Mamoswine are currently my top 5 Ice Types, in that order. Some newer Ice types like Glastrier and Frostmoth have been growing on me though, so they might push someone out of my top 5 at some point ^.^ Glaceon is also my favorite mon in general. It is both an awesome looking eeveelution and an Ice type as well!
Aurorus is just a majestic looking mon and I love it. Alolan Ninetales is beautiful. Froslass has some dark Dex entries, but it's design I find very appealing. Mamoswine is just cool and has grown on me over the years.

Have you ever used an Ice Type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game?

The ones that I can remember:
-A Seel evolved into Dewgong all the way back in the original Red & Blue. And in the opposite game, after catching the legendary birds, I put Articuno on one of those teams as well. Both of these filled the final slot on those teams and were really late admissions due to them being catch-able so late in the game. As such, they weren't used very long, but Dewgong helped with Blaine and Giovanni and Articuno was quite helpful against Giovanni too.
-Skipping to gen 3 as I never had a GBC and skipped Gen 2 at the time. Didn't know until recently Gold/Silver were playable on the original GameBoy... oh well. I had a Walrein that started as a Spheal on my team in one of the RSE games. The gift Lapras from Silph in FRLG. Both of these are kinda late in the game too. Walrein was very helpful with Drake and Lapras very helpful for Lance iirc.
-Gen 4: I had both Diamond & Pearl. Tried out one of the new eeveelutions in each. I don't remember how late in the game the snow route where you could evolve Eevee into Glaceon was (or how late in the game Eevee was available), but it felt like I had to wait forever to get the chance. Once I had it though.... love at first sight 😍 It instantly became my favorite Pokemon.
-Gen 5: I don't remember much from gen 5. But I'm fairly confident I had a Cubchoo/Beartic on my team in one of the games.
-Gen 6: Used the sail fossil for a Amaura/Aurorus that I added to the team. It was... a struggle. I love it's design, but keeping it alive was not easy.
-Gen 7: Thought for a second I didn't use any this gen, but then remembered having a Crabominable on one of my teams, and a Froslass on one of the others (I got all 4 Alola games and do not remember which was used in what game).
-Gen 8: Shiny bred a heavy Ball Eevee and evolved it into Glaceon in Shield and then used it for my first Sword playthrough.
Remembering these is reminding me there are quite some Ice types I still need to give a shot on one of my playthrough teams!

As for my own Guardian, I was torn between them, but ended up picking Glastrier.

Last edited:
Years
Can I please join and make Glastrier my partner? :3c I am getting more and more attached to ice types lately, especially since I love Alolan pix so much..!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'd like to join. Tbh. I think it's a shame that the Ice type feels so underrepresented. There aren't that many Pokemon of the type and most of the time you only get access to them fairly late in the playthrough. That means you can't really make much use of them until most of the game is done.

I'll go with Regice. I like its somewhat alien appearance and cry.

My favorite is Froslass and I actually used one back when I was still playing ROM hacks. I used in in my playthrough in Glaced. Another Ice Type I used on one of my playthroughs of Gold was Sneasel. Such a shame that it can only be accessed in Mt Silver, though. At least Crystal made it accessible earlier.

Years
Sign me up!!! I adore Ice types! I have one on nearly every team, and it's often Lapras, I love Lapras so much!

An ice horse is built to be my guardian so I almost picked Glastrier... but I'm going all in... Ice Rider Calyrex, I choose you :)

My favourite Ice types are Lapras, Froslass, Glaceon, Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, Weavile, Cloyster and Aurorus

But to be fair, Ice is one of my favourite types, I love nearly all Ice Pokémon!

Years
Can I please join and make Glastrier my partner? :3c I am getting more and more attached to ice types lately, especially since I love Alolan pix so much..!

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Glastrier.
Welcome, Sheep!

Alolan Vulpix is super adorable =)

I'd like to join. Tbh. I think it's a shame that the Ice type feels so underrepresented. There aren't that many Pokemon of the type and most of the time you only get access to them fairly late in the playthrough. That means you can't really make much use of them until most of the game is done.

I'll go with Regice. I like its somewhat alien appearance and cry.

My favorite is Froslass and I actually used one back when I was still playing ROM hacks. I used in in my playthrough in Glaced. Another Ice Type I used on one of my playthroughs of Gold was Sneasel. Such a shame that it can only be accessed in Mt Silver, though. At least Crystal made it accessible earlier.

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Regice.
Welcome, Megan!

Great mon choice =)
Johto had more mons like that from what I've heard, like Houndour was only catchable in Kanto? And Larvitar was also Mt. Silver iirc. Johto had weird mon distrubtions.
Also yeah, while trying to recollect what playthrough teams I used Ice types on, I realized almost all of them weren't really there till the last couple gyms T^T

Sign me up!!! I adore Ice types! I have one on nearly every team, and it's often Lapras, I love Lapras so much!

An ice horse is built to be my guardian so I almost picked Glastrier... but I'm going all in... Ice Rider Calyrex, I choose you :)

My favourite Ice types are Lapras, Froslass, Glaceon, Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, Weavile, Cloyster and Aurorus

But to be fair, Ice is one of my favourite types, I love nearly all Ice Pokémon!

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Ice Rider Calyrex.
Welcome, Ash Ketchup!

Excellent mon choices as well!
You might actually have an Ice type on your team more often than I do then xD
I do use them a lot though ^.^

Last edited:
Years
I feel bad because I feel like I don't use them often, but that's more because my team usually fills up before I can find an ice type to catch aha. I did use Frosmoth in Shield though and it was useful even if it was catchable late enough in the game. n pretty too :3

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Hello hello! As an avid utilizer of the emoji over on Discord, I'd love to be part of this club!
My Guardian shall be Kyurem Black, as Black 2 was one of the first Pokémon games I played (I still have the cartridge) and one of my favorites too.

My favorite Ice type is obviously Glaceon, but honorable mentions go to Froslass, Weavile, Frosmoth and Aurorus.

As for Ice types I've used...
- I remember using Glaceon a few times when I tried playing Pokémon Storm Silver (difficulty hack) because the creator was kind enough to let you access Glaceon before the first badge...
- I definitely remember the various Beartic I've used in the last Challenge I've done (as of now), the 2021 Get-Together Save Swap thing! They were definitely straight-forward Pokémon, but I can't complain when you can just click "Icicle Crash" and things die in front of you!
- In that same challenge I've also used a Mamoswine- thank you Sheep for catching that one, haha!
- I also remember having a good time with a Rotom Frost in the Halloween 2020 challenge... too bad that was the level limit challenge, where Pokémon never last very long...
- Sadly, I don't have that many experiences with Ice-types yet, especially outside of these challenges, because... yeah, they are rare and mostly placed near the end of the game. Oops :|

Years
I made Avatars for all Ice types available in Sw/Sh from screenshots I took =)
Attached them to my latest post in my showcase thread in the art section.
Wouldn't mind submitting them for review for Forum avatars, but dunno how ^.^

Take a look if you want, and feel free to use one as your avatar if you want ^.^

I feel bad because I feel like I don't use them often, but that's more because my team usually fills up before I can find an ice type to catch aha. I did use Frosmoth in Shield though and it was useful even if it was catchable late enough in the game. n pretty too :3

yeah the curse of the ice types, they are either found pretty late game or they gain the ice typing upon evolving (like Crabrawler), but need a late game location to evolve 😭

No need to feel bad lol, every type has some great mons! For a first playthrough at least, mons available early will usually go first ^.^
Every new generation I try to use at least 1 ice type if possible, but there are usually other tempting mons too ^.^

Hello hello! As an avid utilizer of the emoji over on Discord, I'd love to be part of this club!
My Guardian shall be Kyurem Black, as Black 2 was one of the first Pokémon games I played (I still have the cartridge) and one of my favorites too.

My favorite Ice type is obviously Glaceon, but honorable mentions go to Froslass, Weavile, Frosmoth and Aurorus.

As for Ice types I've used...
- I remember using Glaceon a few times when I tried playing Pokémon Storm Silver (difficulty hack) because the creator was kind enough to let you access Glaceon before the first badge...
- I definitely remember the various Beartic I've used in the last Challenge I've done (as of now), the 2021 Get-Together Save Swap thing! They were definitely straight-forward Pokémon, but I can't complain when you can just click "Icicle Crash" and things die in front of you!
- In that same challenge I've also used a Mamoswine- thank you Sheep for catching that one, haha!
- I also remember having a good time with a Rotom Frost in the Halloween 2020 challenge... too bad that was the level limit challenge, where Pokémon never last very long...
- Sadly, I don't have that many experiences with Ice-types yet, especially outside of these challenges, because... yeah, they are rare and mostly placed near the end of the game. Oops :|

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Black Kyurem.
Welcome, Eleanor!

Great mon choices =3
That's still some solid experience though! I've never done challenge runs myself, but I reckon as long as you're having fun with your Pokemon team, the experience should be good =)

Years
Ah! I'm so delighted at this club's creation! I absolutely adore ice types!!

I'd love for my guardian to be none other than the indescribably elegant and majestic Articuno!! I adore the others, however, Articuno I find to be the most alluring, as it has been a long-time favourite of mine.

What are your favourite ice type Pokémon?

Glaceon/Alolan Ninetales!

I recall first seeing May's Glaceon whilst competing in a contest in the DP series. It was the Wallace Cup if I'm not mistaken. From that moment onward I fell in love with the ice-type eeveelution. Glaceon sits among my top 5 all-time favourite Pokémon, and also is simultaneously my favourite eeveelution. It is truly a stunning Pokémon, and I cannot properly articulate my adoration for Glaceon. I utilized a Glaceon in Pokémon Pearl, named Kody, who brutally annihilated Cynthia's Garchomp without breaking a sweat. I also main a Glaceon in PMD XD.

And Ninetales, well, I suppose if I haven't made my love for this Pokémon abundantly clear, I will do so now. Ninetales is my favourite Pokémon, hence my username. Alolan Ninetales specifically has one of my favourite type combinations to date, and it's reveal was tremendous, I'm sure you can imagine my excitement upon seeing it for the first time.

Have you ever used an Ice type on any of your playthrough teams?

Yes. As aforementioned, I utilized a Glaceon in Pokémon Pearl, who is a renown assassin. Sinnoh's most wanted undoubtably.

I also had a Weavile accompany me during my playthrough of Heartgold. Akame, who I named after a character of the same name from Akame Ga Kill. Weavile is another favourite of mine that I'd always wanted to use, but never had prior to catching her. I certainly didn't regret it, Akame far exceeded my expectations with her battling capabilities. On Soulsilver, I have a Lapras named Lucille, and describing her as a tank would be an understatement. Lapras is another Pokémon I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to use, as it's a magnificent Pokémon in every aspect.

I also had a Vanilluxe on my team in Pokémon Black named Swirl, an Aurorus in Pokémon X named Aurora. (Aurorus is another favourite of mine!!)

Froslass and Frosmoth are on my list for ice types I plan on using in the future!!

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've considered Ice my favorite type for some years, so of course I've gotta join!

Guardian: I think I'm going to go with Regice. I love how mysterious the Legenary Golems were in Gen. III, being so tucked away that one had to rely on a guide to unlock. (I was thinking Articuno at first, purely for aesthetics, but then I remembered how I used to find its RB sprite creepy and once had a nightmare about it eating my Pokémon and exploding my Game Boy...!)

What is/are your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Alolan Sandslash, Sneasel, Lapras, Frosmoth, Shiny Glaceon, and Froslass

Spoiler:

Have you ever used an Ice-type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game? Lapras in LeafGreen (probably Red/Yellow and Silver too), Glalie and Walrein in XD, Vanilluxe in Black, Aurorus in X, Alolan Sandslash in Moon, and Frosmoth in Shield.

Last edited:
Years
There are more people joining than I expected tbh =D
But ofc, the more the merrier! 😊

Ah! I'm so delighted at this club's creation! I absolutely adore ice types!!

I'd love for my guardian to be none other than the indescribably elegant and majestic Articuno!! I adore the others, however, Articuno I find to be the most alluring, as it has been a long-time favourite of mine.

What are your favourite ice type Pokémon?

Glaceon/Alolan Ninetales!

I recall first seeing May's Glaceon whilst competing in a contest in the DP series. It was the Wallace Cup if I'm not mistaken. From that moment onward I fell in love with the ice-type eeveelution. Glaceon sits among my top 5 all-time favourite Pokémon, and also is simultaneously my favourite eeveelution. It is truly a stunning Pokémon, and I cannot properly articulate my adoration for Glaceon. I utilized a Glaceon in Pokémon Pearl, named Kody, who brutally annihilated Cynthia's Garchomp without breaking a sweat. I also main a Glaceon in PMD XD.

And Ninetales, well, I suppose if I haven't made my love for this Pokémon abundantly clear, I will do so now. Ninetales is my favourite Pokémon, hence my username. Alolan Ninetales specifically has one of my favourite type combinations to date, and it's reveal was tremendous, I'm sure you can imagine my excitement upon seeing it for the first time.

Have you ever used an Ice type on any of your playthrough teams?

Yes. As aforementioned, I utilized a Glaceon in Pokémon Pearl, who is a renown assassin. Sinnoh's most wanted undoubtably.

I also had a Weavile accompany me during my playthrough of Heartgold. Akame, who I named after a character of the same name from Akame Ga Kill. Weavile is another favourite of mine that I'd always wanted to use, but never had prior to catching her. I certainly didn't regret it, Akame far exceeded my expectations with her battling capabilities. On Soulsilver, I have a Lapras named Lucille, and describing her as a tank would be an understatement. Lapras is another Pokémon I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to use, as it's a magnificent Pokémon in every aspect.

I also had a Vanilluxe on my team in Pokémon Black named Swirl, an Aurorus in Pokémon X named Aurora. (Aurorus is another favourite of mine!!)

Froslass and Frosmoth are on my list for ice types I plan on using in the future!!

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Articuno.
Welcome, Ninetales!

Excellent mon choices! Glaceon and Alolan Ninetales are fabulous mons =3
I still want to use a Weavile myself, never did. I'm thinking of using one on my team in the upcoming DP remakes ^.^
There are too many Ice types I haven't used yet xD
Also Lapras is definitely a mon every Pokemon player should try out at least once 😊

I've considered Ice my favorite type for some years, so of course I've gotta join!

Guardian: I think I'm going to go with Regice. I love how mysterious the Legenary Golems were in Gen. III, being so tucked away that one had to rely on a guide to unlock. (I was thinking Articuno at first, purely for aesthetics, but then I remembered how I used to find its RB sprite creepy and once had a nightmare about it eating my Pokémon and exploding my Game Boy...)

What is/are your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Alolan Sandslash, Sneasel, Lapras, Frosmoth, Shiny Glaceon, and Froslass

Spoiler:

Have you ever used an Ice-type on any of your playthrough teams? If yes, do you remember which one it was and/or in which game? Lapras in LeafGreen (probably Red/Yellow and Silver too), Glalie and Walrein in XD, Vanilluxe in Black, Aurorus in X, Alolan Sandslash in Moon, and Frosmoth in Shield.

You have been admitted to the Glacial Gathering through your Guardian: Regice.
Welcome, icycatelf!

Great mon choices as well!
You seem to have used your fair share of Ice types too =)

Guardian: I think I'm going to go with Regice. I love how mysterious the Legenary Golems were in Gen. III, being so tucked away that one had to rely on a guide to unlock. (I was thinking Articuno at first, purely for aesthetics, but then I remembered how I used to find its RB sprite creepy and once had a nightmare about it eating my Pokémon and exploding my Game Boy...)

I needed help with the Braille puzzle stuff back then too xD
Like, how are you supposed to figure that stuff out as a kid without outside help? @_@
Also, that sounds like a pretty bad nightmare 😱

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure what the normal frequency is for this, but I will be attempting to put some new topics/questions up once a week (every Wednesday) for the time being.
I will also be randomly adding in other things that I think may be fun to do =3

Poking all members =3

Do you have any shiny Ice Type Pokemon? If not are there any Ice Type Pokemon who's shiny you like and would you consider shiny hunting them or not?
Feel free to share screenshots/photos if you have them!

Putting my own answers in spoilers: =3
Spoiler:

Do you nickname your Pokemon? If so do you have any nicknames you use for certain Ice Type mons or do you randomly pick nicknames for them?

Spoiler:

Are there any Ice Type Pokemon you think could use a baby Pokemon or a new evolution? Or perhaps there's an Ice Type Pokemon that you think needs a Middle Stage, because the gap between the first and final form is too big or awkward?

Spoiler:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also made a little Ice Type Quiz for those who are interested! 10 questions: 7 multiple choice and 3 True/False questions.
Taking it is completely optional, but after submitting your answers it will show you the correct answers/if you got any questions wrong, and give you a score. This is not so much about score though and more for fun! Test your knowledge =3

Click the spoiler for more info, if you are interested =)

Spoiler:

I spend a lot of time in Forum Games and Poke Trivia (so a biased opinion), but I though this could be fun =3

For those that took the Quiz: Would you like to see more of these?
You can also post your score if you want. You don't have to though.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Two utility questions for future possible challenges or events:
-Do you have access to a Pokemon game that allows you to Wonder Trade (3DS) or Surprise Trade (Switch)?
-Do you have access to a Pokemon game that has some variation of the Battle Tower? (3DS or Switch)

I may or may not be plotting things 😈

Attachments

• ProfessorKyurem.png
    ProfessorKyurem.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 244052901_385882066593199_8703318828067943480_n.jpg
    244052901_385882066593199_8703318828067943480_n.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 244222970_385882079926531_617059425925484466_n.jpg
    244222970_385882079926531_617059425925484466_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 250
  • 244370078_385882063259866_7293702117975758062_n.jpg
    244370078_385882063259866_7293702117975758062_n.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Years
I have some shinies! Glaceon being one of them actually. :3 I forgot when I got her but it was early on, I think in the gen IV days...? Pretty sure it was through a trade from someone! She now sits comfily in my Shield file.

the quiz..

Your score: 70% 70/100

I was so confused for some of them, figured I'd get those wrong. xD;;

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Do you have any Shiny Ice-type Pokémon? Are there any Ice-type Pokémon whose Shiny you like and would you consider Shiny-hunting them? I've got a full-odds Shiny Alolan Sandslash, Weavile and Froslass from Moon, Alolan Ninetales and Glalie from Ultra Sun, Frosmoth and Avalugg from Shield (assuming I understand the Shiny odds correctly), and Sneasel from Diamond and Virtual Console Gold. I'd still like to find a full-odds Shiny Vanillite someday!

Spoiler:
I've also got some non-full-odds Shinies, most notably my Shiny Glaceon mentioned in my previous post. There's also Dewgong, Cloyster, Jynx, Lapras, another Sneasel and Weavile, Walrein, another Froslass, Vanillite, Cryogonal, Aurorus, and another Avalugg.

Spoiler:
Do you nickname your Pokémon? If so, do you have any nicknames you use for certain Ice-type mons or do you randomly pick nicknames for them? I usually try to come up with something new (usually something I can link to the Pokémon's type, design or origin), but I did name all three of my female Shiny Sneasel/Weavile Talon.

Are there any Ice-type Pokémon you think could use a Baby Pokémon or a new evolution? Lapras could use a Baby for sure! I could see it looking something like a baby sea turtle crossed with a snail. I'd also love to see a baby Sneasel. As for evolutions, I agree that Delibird deserves something, but I also think it'd be cool if Dewgong got one since you hardly ever hear about it. Or at least a new form (Mega, etc.).

I also made a little Ice Type Quiz for those who are interested! 10 questions: 7 multiple choice and 3 True/False questions. I was not prepared for a pop quiz this morning! I got 80%, missing the questions about the Gen. with the least amount of Ice-types (only three of the Gen. IV Ice-types were coming to mind) and the one about unique moves.

For those that took the Quiz: Would you like to see more of these? Wynaut?

Do you have access to a Pokémon game that allows you to Wonder Trade (3DS) or Surprise Trade (Switch)? Yes to Wonder Trade, no to Surprise Trade.

Do you have access to a Pokémon game that has some variation of the Battle Tower? (3DS or Switch)? Yes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Do you have any shiny Ice Type Pokemon? If not are there any Ice Type Pokemon who's shiny you like and would you consider shiny hunting them or not?

I don't recall having any Ice type shines. But I'm also not interested in shiny hunting, tbh. I'm pretty much past the point where I have goals that take a long time. I play the games mostly for the ride.

Do you nickname your Pokemon? If so do you have any nicknames you use for certain Ice Type mons or do you randomly pick nicknames for them?
I may use random names or themes or whatever is in my head at the moment. I also think that often times the other type in an Ice dual type mon is very overpowering in that regard. I'd usually end up basing the name on that second type. ^^"

Are there any Ice Type Pokemon you think could use a baby Pokemon or a new evolution? Or perhaps there's an Ice Type Pokemon that you think needs a Middle Stage, because the gap between the first and final form is too big or awkward?
Sneasel could have a preevolution, Delibird could have an evolution. Glalie I could see having an evolution. I'm not a huge fan of baby Pokemon and I don't really think there's any evolution that is a huge jump in strength. If anything, they need all the strength they can get given how late most of them can be found. ^^"

I also made a little Ice Type Quiz for those who are interested! 10 questions: 7 multiple choice and 3 True/False questions.
Taking it is completely optional, but after submitting your answers it will show you the correct answers/if you got any questions wrong, and give you a score. This is not so much about score though and more for fun! Test your knowledge =3
I got 80/100 and I could have gotten 90. Pretty much messed up the last two questions. I don't know much about gen 8 moves and the last question I misread completely. xD

-Do you have access to a Pokemon game that allows you to Wonder Trade (3DS) or Surprise Trade (Switch)?
I have my gen 6-7 games and technically also Sword. However, for the latter I refuse to pay for an extra online service from Nintendo.

-Do you have access to a Pokemon game that has some variation of the Battle Tower? (3DS or Switch)
Same as above.

Years

I remember shiny Pokemon being pretty easy to get in Pokemon XY, and may have some shiny shellder/Cloyster from my chain fishing days still on the 3ds. I also have access to an ice type friend Safari withd delibird, beartic and bergmite, and think it could be fun to hunt some of those and share if anyone is interested.

I usually nickname all of my Pokemon because they have personality to me, and I feel that they should have names in recognition that they are something special, and also to acknowledge hoe they have helped me on my quest. I would like to think that we are friends. I try to put some thought into names, and use names that mean something. Ice Pokemon are no exception!

The Lapras I transferred over from my Crystal playthrough I named Scamander, which is the Greek name for a Turkish river Karamenderes. The ancient people thought the river had a divine personification called Xanthos, an immortal warrior who fought with the Gods.

My Articuno from Pokemon Yellow I named Yuki-onna after the ice yokai of Japanese folklore. Yuki-onna are said to be hauntingly beautiful maidens that appear during snow storms, leading those who get lost to their wintery grave. The reason I thought of these spirits when naming Articuno is because of a line in it's Pokedex entry in Pokemon Blue, describing it as, "A legendary bird POKéMON that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains."

Though the Pokemon that is most specifically based on the Yuki-onna is froslass, Articuno's story is still eerie and somber enough that I thought the name worked for this ice pokemon too.

That's an interesting question. Hmmm! Alolan vulpix already is awfully cute, so I don't see how one one could fail making a mini Vulpix by giving it a baby form. I think it would make a precious Pokemon.

I mentioned not long ago in the water club that I would like to see an evolution for Dewgong. Who knows? Maybe it's time will come in Legends Arceus and we'll meet a hisusian seel and dewgong, and a third stage will be added to the evolutionary line?

I like the idea of optional quizzes like this. It was something different to do, and was actually fairly challenging.

My score: 80% 80/100

In my defense some of the questions were a little vague. I wasn't sure for instance how mega evolutions were counted for question #3, and if they should be added to the total of Pokemon introduced for a region, or not. On the 5th question I did not understand at all what the question was asking me by the phrase "unique moves". Are these moves that can only be learned by ice types, and not by any other Pokemon elemental types? Does it mean signature moves to specific ice species?

I'm still glad to have passed though, and thought it was a way to occupy some time and think the picture of Kyurem at the blackboard with his graduation cap on is priceless!

Two utility questions for future possible challenges or events:

Yes, access to wonder trade and yes post game battle facilities. I normally use the battle maison.

Years
Never really thought about a baby for Sneasel, but I googled for fanart on it and saw this:
Spoiler:

Definitely on board for a baby for sneasel now! =3

I also wouldn't mind if Dewgong got a new evo either. This one is technically a fanart for a mega, but I think it could work for a regular evo too:
Spoiler:

I like the idea of optional quizzes like this. It was something different to do, and was actually fairly challenging.

My score: 80% 80/100

In my defense some of the questions were a little vague. I wasn't sure for instance how mega evolutions were counted for question #3, and if they should be added to the total of Pokemon introduced for a region, or not. On the 5th question I did not understand at all what the question was asking me by the phrase "unique moves". Are these moves that can only be learned by ice types, and not by any other Pokemon elemental types? Does it mean signature moves to specific ice species?

For #3: Mega's and other temp forms weren't counted. Interestingly, I did originally add in between brackets that 'temp forms that don't last outside of battle didn't count', but then at some point decided to remove it again.... not sure why I removed it tbh 😳

Yea that move question in particular seems to have gone bad. Was wondering if it was a problem with the question or not.
I think I put the word unique in because for example: Subzero Slammer has both a physical and special version in the attackdex I was looking at.
But the question was meant to just refer to the amount of different Ice Type moves there are, so I should probably just have dropped the word unique altogether.

Well.... that was my first time making one of these, seems I need to pay more attention to phrasing in any future ones ^.^
Life's a learning experience after all ^.^

Years
Sending the pokes again =3
(if you don't want to be poked feel free to say so btw)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Regional Forms--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Alola games regional forms were introduced. Alola added regional forms for Sandshrew/Sandslash & Vulpix/Ninetales, which are Ice Types. Galar added Mr. Mime, Darumaka and Darmanitan as regional Ice Types and gave Mr. Mime a new evolution.

What is your opinion on regional forms in general? Do you think they are a good idea or would you rather not have had them?

Do you like the Ice Type regional forms? Do you prefer them over their originals?

Are there any non Ice Type mons you'd like to see as a regional Ice Type in a new gen/game?

Would you like any of them to gain a new evolutions? (SwSh gave certain regional forms a new evolution, such as Mr. Rime for Galarian Mr. Mime).

Do you think or hope there will be any new Ice type Hisuian forms in Legends:Arceus?

My own answers =3
Spoiler:

This part is completely optional once more!

For those who like to draw: try to draw a regional Ice Type form for a Pokemon you think deserves one.
if you don't want to draw/don't have time: google search for some fanart for regional Ice type forms!
(you can also do both I guess ^.^)

There is no real deadline for this tbh. Just give it a try if/when you have time and think it could be fun =D

Just thought this would fit in nicely with the topic this week =3

I have attempted to draw a regional Ice Type form for Spinda:
Spoiler:

It's a bit goofy, but I don't think it's horrible =p

Attachments

• SpindaRegional.png
    SpindaRegional.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 298
Back