• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pricing] Peony Full Art - Chilling Reign 197/198 - miscut price

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a rough value for a Peony Trainer full art holo. It is a miscut. I attached a picture. Thanks! Peony.jpeg

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Unfortunately, miscuts usually aren't considered valuable. In fact, it may decrease value. The only miscut cards typically sought after are those that show a large percent of another card, or better yet, a color bar, but even those are niche.

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I would disagree with Icycatelf above.

Some miscut cards are very valuable, especially the old miscut cards from the 90s as they are super rare.

This is a modern card but with a pretty significant miscut, and there are collectors out there.

Best thing to do is join Facebook groups about miscut Pokémon cards. Somebody will make you an offer, no doubt.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I would disagree with Icycatelf above.

Some miscut cards are very valuable, especially the old miscut cards from the 90s as they are super rare.

This is a modern card but with a pretty significant miscut, and there are collectors out there.

Best thing to do is join Facebook groups about miscut Pokémon cards. Somebody will make you an offer, no doubt.
I agree that vintage miscuts are more desirable. Modern (BW-era onward) miscuts are fairly common in comparison.

Last edited:

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Oh definitely - the quality control certainly seems worse in that respect! Some people still pay (in my opinion) over the odds for miscut cards but, each to their own

EpicPulls

Epic Pulls
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
With the alignment dot I'm sure it will catch a premium for the miscut over a non miscut peony.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
icycatelf is right, as of now that card is worth less than its perfectly cut parallel.

Hang on to that card though. You never know who might be willing to buy later down the line!

Back