The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #4551    
Old December 15th, 2014 (12:39 AM).
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
Perhaps you could reconsider the tempo with which you escalate a relationship so it doesn't get too deep too soon.
Honestly, it's entirely on her that it got to this point. Like second date she was head over heels and made things facebook official. I liked her, was interested at the time, and what was I supposed to say? No? So things went faster than I wanted from the get go.

Relevant Advertising!

  #4552    
Old December 15th, 2014 (12:56 AM).
Kanzler's Avatar
Kanzler Kanzler is offline
naughty biscotti
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 5,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Honestly, it's entirely on her that it got to this point. Like second date she was head over heels and made things facebook official. I liked her, was interested at the time, and what was I supposed to say? No? So things went faster than I wanted from the get go.
I don't think that's fair on you. You shouldn't feel like there's nothing you can do if things are going faster than you wanted. But even if everything feels right, there's nothing wrong with slowing things down a bit just to be cautious. It's an opportunity to see how your partner respects your boundaries.
  #4553    
Old December 15th, 2014 (2:00 AM).
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
I don't think that's fair on you. You shouldn't feel like there's nothing you can do if things are going faster than you wanted. But even if everything feels right, there's nothing wrong with slowing things down a bit just to be cautious. It's an opportunity to see how your partner respects your boundaries.
Yeah, that was back before I realized, really, what I was getting into. I didn't want to 'mess things up', so to speak.

You guys are right though, my mind is made up. I just have no idea how to do it.
  #4554    
Old December 17th, 2014 (10:45 PM).
PsyKiss's Avatar
PsyKiss PsyKiss is offline
Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
     
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Location: East Cost, US
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 81
    Looking to join this group.

    I'm Genderqueer and Pansexual.

    I just don't pay attention to things like gender, even my own gender just doesn't seem that important to me at times. I flow like the wind and go where the breeze takes me~

    Looking to join this group.

    I'm Genderqueer and Pansexual.

    I just don't pay attention to things like gender, even my own gender just doesn't seem that important to me at times. I flow like the wind and go where the breeze takes me~
    __________________
    P S Y K I S S
    Trade Shop
      #4555    
    Old December 18th, 2014 (5:44 AM).
    Her's Avatar
    Her Her is online now
    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Age: 23
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 10,050
    been a while since i posted in here

    i came out to my mother & her bf as transgender on monday
    it went probably as good as i could hoped for/expected
    lots of crying from both of us, lots of emotions, anxiety through the roof, etc

    but ultimately accepting and she'll be there for me
    __________________
      #4556    
    Old December 19th, 2014 (10:26 AM).
    obZen's Avatar
    obZen obZen is offline
    Kill Your Heroes
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: /tmp/obZen/.locale
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 398
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    been a while since i posted in here

    i came out to my mother & her bf as transgender on monday
    it went probably as good as i could hoped for/expected
    lots of crying from both of us, lots of emotions, anxiety through the roof, etc

    but ultimately accepting and she'll be there for me
    That's great to hear! I wish you and your family the best

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Honestly, it's entirely on her that it got to this point. Like second date she was head over heels and made things facebook official. I liked her, was interested at the time, and what was I supposed to say? No? So things went faster than I wanted from the get go.
    She considered you partners, and you had only been on two dates? That sounds concerning to me.
    With all of what's going on, you should listen to Kanzler and note this as a learning experience.
    You should be honest. However, will she be ok and safe if you break things off?
    __________________


    obZen on Pokemon Showdown
      #4557    
    Old December 19th, 2014 (9:18 PM).
    PsyKiss's Avatar
    PsyKiss PsyKiss is offline
    Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
       
      Join Date: Dec 2014
      Location: East Cost, US
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 81
      I was in a conversation with a friend about queer charachters in media aimed towards a family friendly audience, and we were both talking about why hasn't there been one yet.

      Then it hit me, the creators don't care if they have gay charachters or not, some even openly admit to them being queer in the most subtle little ways. Such as Marceline and Bubblegum from Adventure Time. (We were talking about this because the creator of Gravity Falls said in an episode where Mabel is wearing a rainbow sweater, she is supposedly coming out as Bisexual)

      Why won't networks show off queer charachters? Well these shows are being shown on an international level to places like Russia and China that outright ban the showing of this stuff to the kids. These countries would even be willing to shut down a network for having a simple girl on girl peck on the cheek. Loosing views in a country as big as China or Russia is pretty critical for a network.

      Just wanted to throw that out there.

      I guess it creates a lair between headcanons and actual canon with it not being 'on - air' now does it?
      __________________
      P S Y K I S S
      Trade Shop
        #4558    
      Old December 20th, 2014 (11:56 PM).
      Phantom's Avatar
      Phantom Phantom is offline
      Uh, I didn't do it
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Location: Minnesota
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,140
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by obZen View Post
      She considered you partners, and you had only been on two dates? That sounds concerning to me.
      With all of what's going on, you should listen to Kanzler and note this as a learning experience.
      You should be honest. However, will she be ok and safe if you break things off?
      I have no idea. I've planned on doing it tomorrow, where is still up in the air.
        #4559    
      Old December 21st, 2014 (8:44 AM).
      Aeroblast's Avatar
      Aeroblast Aeroblast is offline
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2013
      Location: Basement
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 4,211
      I'm not here to start a fight or anything, just something "fresh" to talk about. I'm sure you must have heard this cliche "homosexuality is unnatural" - I disagree with this, but what are your thoughts on this statement?

      Common argument to support this claim is that same sex partners cannot reproduce naturally, does this argument hold any water?
        #4560    
      Old December 21st, 2014 (10:03 AM).
      Alice's Avatar
      Alice Alice is offline
      (>^.(>0.0)>
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Location: Oregon
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 3,080
      Funny how often straight couples use condoms, birth control, and even abortion to stop themselves from having kids. It's natural right?
        #4561    
      Old December 21st, 2014 (10:41 PM).
      Phantom's Avatar
      Phantom Phantom is offline
      Uh, I didn't do it
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Location: Minnesota
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,140
      Wearing clothing is unnatural too, ya know.
      __________________
        #4562    
      Old December 22nd, 2014 (12:11 AM).
      Flushed's Avatar
      Flushed Flushed is offline
      never eat raspberries
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Posts: 2,305
      "Naturalness" is just another societal construct. So based on certain vantage points, one could argue that homosexuality is unnatural: still doesn't give it any objective value though.
        #4563    
      Old December 24th, 2014 (1:31 AM).
      Phantom's Avatar
      Phantom Phantom is offline
      Uh, I didn't do it
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Location: Minnesota
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,140
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Flushed View Post
      "Naturalness" is just another societal construct. So based on certain vantage points, one could argue that homosexuality is unnatural: still doesn't give it any objective value though.
      It could also be said it is 'natural'. Cue evidence of homosexuality among different animals, penguins, monkeys.
        #4564    
      Old December 24th, 2014 (11:02 AM).
      Flushed's Avatar
      Flushed Flushed is offline
      never eat raspberries
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Posts: 2,305
      Of course, I'm not supporting the "unnatural" standpoint, I'm just saying that the reason those people are so tied to their views is because the argument makes sense from their point of view, which is why it's so hard to change people's minds.
        #4565    
      Old December 24th, 2014 (11:12 AM).
      Alice's Avatar
      Alice Alice is offline
      (>^.(>0.0)>
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Location: Oregon
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 3,080
      Yeah, pretty much everything about humanity is "unnatural" though. I don't understand why natural = good for most people anyway, and I'm sort of a tree hugger. lol
        #4566    
      Old December 25th, 2014 (5:54 PM).
      Phantom's Avatar
      Phantom Phantom is offline
      Uh, I didn't do it
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Location: Minnesota
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,140
      Ha. Tree hugger.... anyone else get it?

      Badum tssss

      I'm drunk.
      __________________
        #4567    
      Old December 25th, 2014 (6:35 PM).
      PsyKiss's Avatar
      PsyKiss PsyKiss is offline
      Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
         
        Join Date: Dec 2014
        Location: East Cost, US
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 81
        Browsing tumblr, and stumbled across a post.

        Not going to post it because I don't want to do anything to send people over to anything (Not saying yall will, its just a policy I do)

        It was one of those 'pick your pronouns to smash to gender binary' kind of posts. It is really hurtful to see these people pick pronouns like its some kind of game. I'm someone who really wants there to be a third gendered pronoun, because thats all we need to add to the mix. We don't need pronouns like "bunself" and "faeself" when the crediability of the main third pronouns aren't even taken seriously.

        Even if you are joking, or its some inner circle thing. The fact that its getting out there and around is making genderqueer people, no wait all of trans people look like this is some kind of play thing and we are choosing to do things in order to be cute and trendy.

        Special snowflakes like this annoy me. Its just really aggravating, because whenever I announce myself as genderqueer to people I know through tumblr or an old community I was apart of, this is what they think I am. Urgh

        /rant
        __________________
        P S Y K I S S
        Trade Shop
          #4568    
        Old December 25th, 2014 (7:32 PM).
        Her's Avatar
        Her Her is online now
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
        • Discord Moderoid
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Age: 23
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 10,050
        take solace in the fact that the faeself/bunself stuff is done by a relatively small number of people and in a small subsection of tumblr

        it won't have any genuine impact on genderqueer/trans people because no one cares what they (the bunself people) are doing past making fun of them and calling them out for accessorising gender identity to go with their uwu aesthetic

        take solace in the fact that the faeself/bunself stuff is done by a relatively small number of people and in a small subsection of tumblr

        it won't have any genuine impact on genderqueer/trans people because no one cares what they (the bunself people) are doing past making fun of them and calling them out for accessorising gender identity to go with their uwu aesthetic
        __________________
          #4569    
        Old January 8th, 2015 (9:31 AM).
        Kanzler's Avatar
        Kanzler Kanzler is offline
        naughty biscotti
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Toronto
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 5,858
        why do they even do that though?
          #4570    
        Old January 11th, 2015 (6:42 AM).
        LaVida's Avatar
        LaVida LaVida is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Location: Vienna
          Age: 23
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 105
          Sorry for the rant, please bear with me.

          Why on earth are there so many homosexuals (and I'm mainly talking about lesbians here) hating on bisexuals? I'm sick of having to justify my orientation every single time I come out to someone. Some claim I'm in denial about being homosexual and some say I make it up to get attention. Oh, and then there are those lesbians that right out say that I'm disgusting for having slept with men. Wow... I don't even know what to say. It's bad enough that a lot of straight people discriminate against bi and homosexuals but that people who are longing for acceptance and who have to deal with so much stigma about their sexual orientation themselves go and act all intolerant is even worse in my opinion. People always talk about homophobia and transphobia but nobody cares about biphobia. I don't think many people know that it even exists. You know what? If I could choose my orientation, I'd pick either the gay or straight side because being in-between give you hatred from both sides.
          __________________
          Pokémon Fan since the beginning.
            #4571    
          Old January 11th, 2015 (8:00 AM).
          Shining Raichu's Avatar
          Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
          Expect me like you expect Jesus.
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 9,075
          I've never really encountered biphobia in my travels. People come out as bi before they come out as gay because they feel like people are more accepting of your homosexuality as long as you're still heterosexual as well. That's not to say that it doesn't exist, because clearly you're experiencing it, just that I've never come across it anywhere myself.

          I think where your lesbian friends are getting their attitude from is that a lot of girls do tend to pretend to be bi for attention. It sucks, but it does spoil it for the people who are legit. I think where biphobia might also come from too is straight and gay inability to understand being attracted to two opposing things at the same time.
          __________________

          "So this is why God bombed us."

          Moderator of General Chat

            #4572    
          Old January 12th, 2015 (1:52 PM).
          Somniac's Avatar
          Somniac Somniac is offline
          Probably sleeping.
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Location: united kingdom
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 740
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
          Wearing clothing is unnatural too, ya know.
          You. I like the way you think.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PsyKiss View Post
          Browsing tumblr, and stumbled across a post.

          Special snowflakes like this annoy me. Its just really aggravating, because whenever I announce myself as genderqueer to people I know through tumblr or an old community I was apart of, this is what they think I am. Urgh

          /rant
          Tumblr nowadays is generally a cesspit of awfulness. 'Special-snowflakes' tend to gather together there and, excuse the expression, have a gigantic circlejerk about each other and how unique they are.
          __________________
            #4573    
          Old January 26th, 2015 (7:26 PM).
          Margaery Tyrell's Avatar
          Margaery Tyrell Margaery Tyrell is offline
          Growing Strong
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: USA
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 341
            Quote:
            Tumblr nowadays is generally a cesspit of awfulness. 'Special-snowflakes' tend to gather together there and, excuse the expression, have a gigantic circlejerk about each other and how unique they are
            This. Honestly, I wouldn't take Tumblr very seriously, a lot of people there that use sexuality and gender as personal accessories are usually impressionable teens who try to "stand out" so to speak. You just do you, and don't worry about them, they're not worth your anger or time.

            Actually, in general Tumblr's become a pretty toxic place, at least from what I've observed. I got caught up in it's echochamber and didn't realize how extreme and horribly poisonous the majority of it's user base is till recently.
            __________________
            But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the
            R O S E
              #4574    
            Old January 28th, 2015 (8:51 AM).
            Shiro's Avatar
            Shiro Shiro is offline
            Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Texas
              Age: 21
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 152
              People on Tumblr making labels generally doesn't bug me too much because meh.

              But what does bug me is that people are saying these identities are oppressed and trying to get into the LGBT community. You are not oppressed for being things like panplatonic (which is defined on mogai-archive as "seeking a platonic relationship without any preference to gender"). I mean, what's the worst that'll happen to someone that says they're panplatonic? Someone says that the label is silly and describes most people? That's not oppression.
              __________________
                #4575    
              Old February 23rd, 2015 (5:25 AM).
              Shining Raichu's Avatar
              Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
              Expect me like you expect Jesus.
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 9,075
              You're lying

              Panplatonic hasn't actually become a created word

              You're lying

              You have to be

              If you're not, it signals the coming of the end of days.
              __________________

              "So this is why God bombed us."

              Moderator of General Chat

               
              Quick Reply

              Sponsored Links
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:37 AM.