• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch 'Em All Club!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Oh that's pretty close to completion. What have you got left? Trade evolutions?

Some trade evo, the fossils (I got them, just need to go where I can make the revive) and two Pokemon I need, then I can breed them or evolve them - but I don't remmeber which two Pokemon there are I would have to check again. Oh and Tapu Bulu.

Does the Ultra Beast counts in the Pokedex? I haven't caught one yet.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Some trade evo, the fossils (I got them, just need to go where I can make the revive) and two Pokemon I need, then I can breed them or evolve them - but I don't remmeber which two Pokemon there are I would have to check again. Oh and Tapu Bulu.

Does the Ultra Beast counts in the Pokedex? I haven't caught one yet.
Just in case:
Spoiler:

pkmin3033

OK let me post this in the right thread this time =/

Random progress update from me: I have all 8 Gym Badges in Omega Ruby and, rather than grind my team up to Level 60 and take on the E4 and Delta episode, I decided to go on a Legendary catching spree. So far I've caught the Lake Guardians, Cobalion (goddamn nuisance), Virizion, Tornadus, Palkia (this one was annoying too) and Reshiram (who refused to stay in the ball when asleep but went straight in when awake...huh) and I might go after Heatran next before Ho-Oh and the beasts. I also caught them all with Ultra Balls. Go me.

It's been surprisingly painless...mostly. Whhhhyyyyy must everything have a Catch Rate of 3. Whyyyy. I'm running out of money. Soon I will HAVE to do the Elite Four, if only to replenish my reserves...which will then get spent on Ultra Balls to catch Deoxys. Can anyone tell me if that thing has a Catch Rate of 3 as well? I know Rayquaza doesn't since it's a mandatory catch, but Deoxys is another matter entirely...

Still working on that google doc. Will upload it soon and post it in here as a more tangible progress tracker, haha. Still motivated. That'll probably change when I start playing Y and Alpha Sapphire...twice each. I'm not Super Training my team every time. who am I even kidding I totally will

Was actually contemplating taking pics of everything for proof - because you can't screenshot Pokemon on the New 3DS for some stupid reason - but...probably too much effort. I don't think anyone cares THAT much, even though I'm following guidelines and must be taken at my word. Will have to see. If I'm going to start it should be sooner rather than later...

Oh! I need to go get the Regis, too. But I don't have a Wailord yet. Excluding starters, I will need to breed for 22 Pokemon, which is less than I thought. Most of them are babies. Dunno how many are evolution only.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I wonder if USUM will continue SM's weird no national dex thing. Either way I'm definitely gonna try to complete that game's dex when it comes around in november. Excited c:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Name/Nickname: CF1994
Current Progress: 720/721 (Omega Ruby)
Any other information you'd like to include: Got my diploma for completing the entire PokéDex, and both Charms to help with my breeding. Disappointed with the lack of Volcanion distribution though, since Diancie and Hoopa both had one.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Name/Nickname: CF1994
Current Progress: 720/721 (Omega Ruby)
Any other information you'd like to include: Got my diploma for completing the entire PokéDex, and both Charms to help with my breeding. Disappointed with the lack of Volcanion distribution though, since Diancie and Hoopa both had one.

I believe Volcanion had a distribution in most regions, around October of last year.

Years
Just a question/request: Does anyone have Kyogre from the original R/S/E? I need its data for my Y game to complete the national dex, then I can start shiny hunting there!

P.S., where do you find the friend code on the 3DS? It's been so long I've forgotten!

Razoozle

Charmander!
Years
I would like to participate in this, I like catching Pokemon but the new SOS feature really makes it complicated. :(

Name/Nickname: Razoozle
Current Progress: 16%
Any other information you'd like to include: I have 50 caught and 139 Pokemon seen. :)

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Just a question/request: Does anyone have Kyogre from the original R/S/E? I need its data for my Y game to complete the national dex, then I can start shiny hunting there!

P.S., where do you find the friend code on the 3DS? It's been so long I've forgotten!

On the main 3ds screen, click the orange face near the top. The first card should be your user and will list your friend code. I'm assuming you just mean any Kyogre, unless you're very strict about where your pokemon come from. Unfortunately, my friend list is full atm, so sorry about that.

I would like to participate in this, I like catching Pokemon but the new SOS feature really makes it complicated. :(

Name/Nickname: Razoozle
Current Progress: 16%
Any other information you'd like to include: I have 50 caught and 139 Pokemon seen. :)

Welcome to the club! 16% is already good progress. The SOS-exclusive pokemon can be hard to come by, but a bit of patience and preparation will simplify it.

Years
On the main 3ds screen, click the orange face near the top. The first card should be your user and will list your friend code. I'm assuming you just mean any Kyogre, unless you're very strict about where your pokemon come from. Unfortunately, my friend list is full atm, so sorry about that.

Thanks for the info, and yes, it has to be from RSE because the Kyogre from ORAS isn't backwards compatible.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thanks for the info, and yes, it has to be from RSE because the Kyogre from ORAS isn't backwards compatible.

Wouldn't it only be non-compatible if it had Origin Pulse? If you deleted that move, it should be able to be transferred over.

Years
Wouldn't it only be non-compatible if it had Origin Pulse? If you deleted that move, it should be able to be transferred over.

Rayquaza and Groudon are the same. Are you sure that's it's just because of a single move?

[Edit] Oh, so it's because of moves which weren't in the former games like Origin Pulse and Dragon Descent?! Wow, thanks for the advice! I never knew this, or else I would've been able to complete the Y Dex long before this!

Update: Now I've completed the National Dex for my Y game! Hooray!

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Rayquaza and Groudon are the same. Are you sure that's it's just because of a single move?

[Edit] Oh, so it's because of moves which weren't in the former games like Origin Pulse and Dragon Descent?! Wow, thanks for the advice! I never knew this, or else I would've been able to complete the Y Dex long before this!

Update: Now I've completed the National Dex for my Y game! Hooray!
Oh awesome, congrats! :D

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thanks, I also just hatched shiny Gastly and Misdreavus, so today's a great day for me!

Congratulations! Glad to help out. Looks like that Shiny Charm is already putting itself to work. Congrats on those great shinies.

Years
Congratulations! Glad to help out. Looks like that Shiny Charm is already putting itself to work. Congrats on those great shinies.

Thanks again! I've evolved shiny Kadabra, Machoke, Boldore, Gastly, Misdreavus, Petlil into their final forms and am currently hunting for a second shiny Slowpoke to make into a Slowking, and after that, I'll start working on hatching Cottonee and Rufflet, unless there's someone with Sun wishes to trade with me.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Slight revival.

I've been playing my Black 2 with the intention of completing a living dex. Currently going through the region and catching them all. It's a bit tedious due to the pokemon exclusive to shaking spots, but I should be done catching all the non-swarms in a few days. From there I need to start collecting White 2 exclusives.

Back