• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon taking up Human Roles

Starlight_Maiden

Knightess of the Wind
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
I'll keep things kept short.

General theme: Mature

Concept: Pokemon take up the roles of humans, while still keeping their bodies the same. So, in example, you may see a Gardevoir using a gun or sword, or a Jolteon running as a messenger, giving mail by mouth.

Moves: Moves will take a more realistic-ish approach. Moves aren't restricted to just four at a time, however. You may see Psychic being used as a way to manipulate stuff. Or moves used in creative ways, for example, Pin Missile from Jolteon acting as a conduit for electricity, focusing Thunder. Etc. But it must be reasonable for them to know the move. So for example, they must have logically learned the move. They can't just pull it out of no where. They can learn moves from other Pokemon, but within reason. They need to be taught by either a mentor who knows the move, or the pokemon species it came from. So no legendary/mythic only moves. For the general part, Legendaries and Mythics will be avoided due to being lore breaking on their own.

Buffs: Simply, they may have varied effects depending on the move itself. Some may be moved into an offensive category or physically change the Pokemon.

Megastones and Z moves: These will need to be approved first, but generally, they don't need a trainer to perform them. Mega Evolutions at best can be used once per inrp day, taking great strain on the body the longer they are used. Z moves will basically have a cooldown on the crystal, so once per day so it's not a spammable way to always win. Even the move can still be countered. But only logically.

Abilities: If the move doesn't appear to have an in-rp use, just bring it up in OOC and we'll discuss how it can be applied reasonably.

Other comments: I done quite a few roleplays with a similar concept of Pokemon. I've not done one in several years, and seeing as nobody else is going to, I thought I would start up another group for it here, much like the original took place on GameFAQS. I would love to start it up again, but I want to hear who would be interested in this.

Starlight_Maiden

Knightess of the Wind
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
Once I get enough support for the general idea, I'll start working on the first Roleplay utilizing this idea. It'll also likely use factions so to spice things up a bit. The earliest it'll be posted is after the forum is back up and on the new servers.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Is there a general plot idea or a setting for this? In particular, would this be eg.: "a world of Pokémon that never had human influence", "a world with humans and Pokémon but we are only focused on the Pokémon", "PMD in all but name"? Something completely different?

I know this subject should attract a number of people who want to experiment with their characters (honestly, something like this sounds like an excellent testing ground for writing characters for further RPs or stories) but it needs a bit more shape and definition. Also bring up what will you want in terms of character bios besides the technical details (moves and the like).

I'll hopefully be keeping an eye on this idea after the server move.

Starlight_Maiden

Knightess of the Wind
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
Hiya! Generally, I'm testing the waters for this in a broad sense. Once I know that it will generally be accepted, I can then narrow down to the first roleplay. As I expect there to be plenty of a similar theme. Also others could take up the idea too, so it's a win win.

Also, no. It is partially PMD but mostly not since they can use cars trains boats and what not. Or just make the distance themselves if they have the method like characterized for high speed, wings for flight, etc

Last edited:
Back