• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald EXL

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
Name of Hack: Pokemon Emerald EXL
Hack Of: Pokemon Emerald
Storyline: Revisit the world of Hoenn. Team Aqua and Magma are up to their old tricks again. Some of the terrain has changed now, and cities have also changed.

Features:

Updated maps
All 386 pokemon can be caught one way or another
Access to all event areas
Possibly updated gym leaders
Safari Zone has been moved
Battle Frontier now has wild pokemon
Victory Road is now much harder
Hopfully I'll be able to edit the pokemon of the elite 4 and make them harder.

This isn't a major hack as of right now. I might make it one, but for now, it's just a gameplay hack for the most part.

oldalehasntchangedmuch.jpg

Oldale town hasn't changed much... yet (I'm contemplating making it bigger).

newpetalburg.jpg

Petalburg City actually looks like a city now.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This isn't a hack, it is a map edit. Are there any new Asm features? lol
You should try to learn scripting, and maybe insert new tiles. Those maps look like Gamefreak maps, especially Odale town. Hope you can make this look better, cya

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Umm...
Looks pretty basic. Judging by what you've said and the screenies you've shown, this is just a map editing job. First of all, most hacks that return to an old region have some different events and more drastic changes to maps (Example: Towns became Cities, Cities got bigger, new main characters, different Gyms, etc.)

Also, your Oldale Town map looks exactly the same as the regular one except you've changed the houses to Littleroot Town's houses.

Your Petalburg City is just... well, not to be rude but, bad. Pokemon games' big cities usually have alot of houses you can go into. Your Petalburg has the original amount. It just looks like you put a bunch of empty houses, stood them in a row, and poof! It's done! And, unless you're going to do that in every town, tall grass isn't found in towns. Also, the area with the tall grass is too uniform. It's square, like someone cut down the trees perfectly.

Unless you're going for the "park" feel, (which still isn't that square with only one line of trees separating it from the rest of the town), I would just fill it in a bit, maybe put a house, some flowers, people enjoying themselves, a few paths, trees, and you could have a nice little green park in your city. You definitely need to fix your houses. Remove alot, make a few new warps and script new houses for it. Just, don't make it a huge column. And space them farther apart. Those houses are so close together, anyone who lived there would have to go behind their neighbors house to get to their door. There's only one tile clearance between one house and the other in your map.

Just, try to improve a bit. Practice makes perfect. Shove D/P in your DS and turn it on. Their maps are huge, but they're not empty. Use their maps as a reference. Study how Nintendo breaks up the maps with trees, fences and stuff. Notice how they place things. Their routes are usually uniform, but they're excellent with towns and cities. Practice and use the real games as a reference. You'll make grade A maps in no time.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
i hav pkmn sapphire 386 and could you tell me how to get the mystic ticket, eon ticket, old sea map etc.?

Spam! Delete this!
This isn't a hack, it is a map edit. Are there any new Asm features? lol
You should try to learn scripting, and maybe insert new tiles. Those maps look like Gamefreak maps, especially Odale town. Hope you can make this look better, cya

Cooley's right. This is basically just a map edit. And not even a good one (Odale looks no different, and you ruined Petalberg city)
I would work on your maps better.

Back