• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Just caught a level 24 Dragonite in Let's go Eevee

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 8, 2020
So like the title says, i just caught a Dragonite... and it was level 24. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I literally made this account just to tell SOMEONE this. I couldn't find any reports of similar encounters online so I felt the need to have people know, and to also try and validate my opinions about it. ( yes I know how sad that sounds, and actually is)

I should also preface this by saying that I really dislike this game for many reasons, but essentially my main problem with the game is that there is no challenge. Everything except the pointlessly high level end game content is so easy you practically can't fail. There are many other grievances I have with the game but it really just boils down to everything being handed to you.

Back to this low level Dragonite. First off. Dratini doesn't evolve into Dragonair until LEVEL 30!!! This Dragonite shouldn't be a Dragonair yet, let alone be fully evolved. Like, I was annoyed when Lance had Dragonite that were below level 50, but at least they were close to the level at which Dragonair evolves... I just caught a Dragonite that is UNDER HALF it's minimum level.

So the way I found it was; I had just beaten the elite 4 and was aimlessly flying around on my Dragonite (one I caught and levelled from a Dratini) because it is quite literally the only thing I really find enjoyable about the game. I was just doing a lap of the entire southern half of the map, starting from the top of Viridian city, when somewhere between Viridian and Pallet town (route 1 of all places), I found it flying through the sky.

I know I am nit-picking, but is it too much to ask for a half decent Pokemon game? Or at the very least, a game with a consistent game world.

TL:DR - Why Game Freak/Nintendo? Why?

Screenshots below.

Attachments

• Why.jpg
    Why.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Real Dragonite.jpg
    Real Dragonite.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 4
  • I don't even know.jpg
    I don't even know.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 4

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't see how this is much of a problem. You could get an underleveled Dragonite as early as Gen V. In Gen VII you could get Lvl 10 Dragonite. This doesn't really affect the gameplay since you get these Dragonite so late in the game anyway, that you probably have your own Dragonite that you evolved yourself.

And anyway, underleveled pokemon have always existed in the Pokemon games. In trainer battles and in the wild. So this stuff if going to keep appearing in the games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 8, 2020
I guess I just never noticed because most of the pokemon games that have come out in the last decade or more are boring garbage. I played this one hoping to have fun like the older games, but on the switch, how silly of me.

Anyway I really only find it a problem because of the pointlessness of it. There just seem to be random pokemon with random levels walking around in seemingly random places.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
In general, the only pokemon that have seemingly low or unusual levels are ones you obtain through non-grass/surf/cave encounters such as fishing. Otherwise, the levels are sensible.

As for fun, this game is mainly aimed at people not familiar with Pokemon games or those that have not been into the series in a long time. The next games that will be released in 2019 are going to be more traditional games, according to GameFreak so maybe you should look forward to those.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I guess now we know how Lance got his sub-level 55 Dragonites in the Johto games

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
The game is easy, because we know almost everything of kanto, the game is perfect for new kanto-players at least. Go and play first pokemon game or fire red, you'll see that's to easy too. But is actually a little bit easier now with internet and with the zippy zap or double kick moves for pikachu but... meh

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
You still had to work for it for Dragonite to even show up and even then, it can run away and those are where the challenges lie.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
I was comboing Nidoran for a shiny and after I hit the 31 I sat on Charizard in the sky, the amount of under level charizard and dragonites in the sky was pretty insane... lowest dragonite I came across was lv13

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
This isn't unusual for the pokemon games. All versions have had the possibility of catching pokemon evolutions below level. Things like Kakuna and Metapod come to mind.

Back