• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] DC fan club

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
3ith4pinhge01.jpg

Action comics 1 variant by Alex Ross
---
This is a fan club for DC. Discuss anything DC related, like the characters, comics, current news, the current substandard movies (except for WW), etc. Join the club if you like DC or even just like a character or show or movie from DC.

Some questions to discuss if you'd like to:

- Who is your favorite character and why do you like them

- How much exposure have you had to DC stuff?

- What animated tv shows do you like?

- Do you watch the CW shows?

- Who is your favorite DC villain?

- What character themes do you enjoy?
(Like to name some examples:

• Batman's sadness/remorse, vengeance, sacrifice, his real identity or etc.

• Green Lantern's overcoming fear, being a space cop, etc.

• Superman always trying to do what's right, balancing out his two lives, great responsibility from extraordinary power, deep sense/love of humanity, his real identity)
- Favorite costumes?

- Favorite dual identities?

- Favorite superpowers?

- Fav obscure character? Or supporting character?

- Anything else you'd like to discuss

Rules

- Be nice

- No blatant inflammatory comments, no DC vs Marvel nonsense, comparisons between the two are fine but no ex: "Marvel sucks! DC is better!!"

- Be respectful of other's opinions, even if you disagree heavily, feel free to discuss

Sawsbuck

Fairy

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
No DC fans huh, oh well. Considering this is a pokemon forum and the current DC movies doesnt make a great case for DC, I have no clue why I made this club

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Don't get me wrong, I like some DC.. but Marvel stole my heart first rip <3

But I will join as a comic lover nonetheless!

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say Nightwing, It's so great to finally see OG Greyson become his own man. And one that isn't super reliant on tech and brute force like Batman is. He's lithe, acrobatic, and stealthy. I appreciate that. :) I liked his role in the Court of Owls too.

Deathstroke is cool too. Originally I started reading it because I thought the name was meme-y (and at the time i was more familiar with Deadpool) but the more I read the more I legitimately came to like it.

And to cover some conversation points:

Batman the Animated Series is everything. I never got into later iterations but Mark Hammel as the Joker? Yes please. But my favorite EVER OVERALL DC COMIC is definitely Identity Crisis. That was, by FAR the best piece of DC literature I've ever read. Seriously so incredible - it really gave depth to the characters I had never really bothered with much.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Batman: The Animated Series is one of the best cartoons out there, timeless, you don't even have to be a fan of superheroes, DC or Batman to enjoy the show. I watched the heck out of it when I was a kid, the animation and level of depth for a cartoon was unreal. And it did most of Bat's rogues good, except for maybe Killer Croc who was reduced to an idiot rock thrower but at least it was funny.

Too bad Bruce Timm has lost his touch since then.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Speaking of, Mask of the Phantasm outdoes the cinematic Batman movies in terms of emotion imo.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
So this club still exists... Anyone here catch Aquaman?

Also Bendis is ruining Superman.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
DC is being stupid and digging its own grave for the millionth time, god being a fan of DC/Marvel comics is hard, endless cycle of decent comics -> terrible writers,editors,decisions -> promising future -> future crushed. Bendis and King are single handling dismantling great characters. DC is in such a deep hole, ruining promising new characters like Jon Kent.

The movies at least, are looking to be something with the advent of Aquaman. Can't believe I'd ever say that. But majority of DCEU still sucks.

Man when will this greedy as hell company get its act together.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Have to admit Aquaman wasn't half bad. Also must add a +1 to the Animated series for Batman even though it never made my personal top 10(fight me). For my favorite DC character, it'd have to be Raven for me. Just something about being demon spawn that makes her hot and interesting at the same time.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
I like...Green Lantern. But after finding out there's more than just orange, green ,red and yellow, I did some research and found that The Lantern Corps is what I like best. Such a fascinating premise, with each slight variation of colour representing an emotion.

Back