• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon game has your highest playtime?

Years
What Pok?mon game has your highest playtime?

Which Pok?mon game have you played the most?? How many hours of playtime do you have in it?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Pokemon Yellow Version is the game I have played the most and I always start a new file on all of my Pokemon games for the walkthrough.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Pok?mon Blue 100%.

Over the past 20 years, I?ve played that game to completion at least twice a year. Thousands of hours.

Years
I want to say that it was Sapphire, since I know for a fact that my original save file on there was somewhere around 250 hours, and I've had at least 2 other 40 hour runs on there, too. FireRed is pretty close too though, as I put in two 100+ hour saves, not including whatever time I played on the save file that was on the cartridge when I bought it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Platinum, I think! Around 400 hours on one save and I think I've had a few other saves which brings it up even more. :D I used to play it all the time when I was younger, it was my go to game when I had nothing to do.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I have close to 559 hours on my Pokemon Y file. Understandable, since it's the most recent Pokemon game I've bought (yes, has been 5+ years since I've bought a new Pokemon game.) I've probably played Leaf Green the most, though that isn't reflected in play time since I'm constantly restarting and playing through it again.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I had over 100 hours in an old Soul Silver file, but it's lost now. That was such a fun playthrough! :D

Years
I wish I still had my old Pokemon Diamond copy because I actually hit max playtime (999:99) in that save file.

... Let's just say I had a lot of time on my hands and I mainly used to breed a lot in that game because I was super bored lmao.

Nowadays, I think my longest playtime is SM somewhere around 200 or something hours. I really miss the time where I used to sink a ton more time in a Pokemon game with little effort.

Years
Platinum has my highest playtime on my current actual saves, due to not being able to trade and getting every possible Pokemon registered in the dex. I reached 374, which, I think is the most you can get on your own. Playtime at 187h. Darn those fossils in the underground!

I think Gen 1 has my true highest playtime overall, since I've replayed it so many times lol xD.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
It could be another game, but my 3DS says I have 980 hours in Alpha Sapphire.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Definitely Y as it was when I was in the peak of being interested in breeding. I think I clocked about 700 hours

Years
FireRed and Emerald, i think , because those were my first pokemon games. and then platinum because of shiny hunting.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I maxed-out my time on one of my Pearl Version saves, but I've since restarted. Overall, I imagine that I've spent the most time playing either Silver or HeartGold. The game that has the longest playtime on my current save is VC Gold I think, with 263:46.

Years
Like, 500 or 600 hours on Pokémon Black - the first Pokémon game that properly belonged to me. Then there are all the files I started and deleted on it... it makes me weep to this very day to think I forfeited my prized Krookodile for at least zero reasons.

From there, most probably Omega Ruby.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Platinum and Y. My two favourite games of the whole series. Sun could be catching them up in the next couple of years though.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm pretty sure I maxed out the time on both X and Omgea Ruby. A lot of that though is setting it down and forgetting about it till I come back and realize oh crap the battery will die soon. So I save it and plug it in. OR I will fall asleep Wonder Trading...lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm guessing either Diamond or X, possibly X. I believe they both have around 450-500 hours. I did a lot of breeding and trading in those games, so I suspect that inflated my hour count a bunch.

I have a bunch of games in the 300-400 hour range, some in the 100-200 hour range, and then a few under 100 hours. I haven't put very much time into the newer games (I don't think I've exceeded 100 hours on a single game since X; the closest is probably VC Gold so far, around 85 hours, though I had about 260 hours on my old cartridge file for Gold as well).

Back