• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are Your Thoughts on Soda Beverages?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I used to love soft drinks, being the only thing I would want to drink. then the appeal became lost on me, and they became something I only had at places such as Fast Food restaurants.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I've had any sort of soft drink. Yesterday I was given a large Pepsi by accident with my order, but after realizing I just gave the drink away. As someone who loved all sorts of these drinks, with the exception of orange soda, I didn't think my preference would end up being water.

What are your general thoughts on soft drinks? Such as, would you have a favorite, or for those who don't drink think them, are there particular reasons? I understand many find the sugar intake is too much.

My own personal reason for cutting down was a suggestion from a health professional, then after going down to one per day I found they weren't even that great. On the rare occasion I don't want water, the only other thing I crave is lemonade.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I drink too much soda, and I know it. I've tried quitting but always fail.

Need to give it another go.

Years
I'm at the point where I keep thinking "ooo a Dr. Pepper sounds good right now"

But then I actually have the Dr. Pepper and I don't feel as good as I thought I would after drinking it. Why do I keep doing this to myself...

Oh right. Because I have a love for the taste of certain sodas and I can't quite shake them entirely. So I maybe have like one or two a week at most. I'm still glad I managed to be able to stop myself from drinking most other sodas, there's just so little appeal to having them by now.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
one day i just stopped and i havent returned. water is slept on

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I drink it from time to time but I prefer water, juice, or well ... anything besides soda.

Years
I despise them. Carbonation burns my tongue and my throat. Pop is absolutely repulsive. I'd much rather enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of water!

Last edited:
Years
I really enjoy a lot of them. Bad for the body but great for the soul.
That being said I actually gave them up for several years for the most part and only returned to them now because my body is so fucked that drinking them now can't really make things any worse :')

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i do not drink soda nearly as much as i used to when i was a teen. when i was a teen i drank that shit on the daily. now i tend to drink it maybe.. once or twice every other week i wanna say? i'm trying to drink less soda and drink more water.

Last edited:
Years
I don't like soda. I only really drink it when there's nothing else around? Otherwise though I try to drink as much water as I can.

Years
What are your general thoughts on soft drinks?

Astonishingly unhealthy, but fun! For me, they're synonymous with special occasions because they're rare. Apple juice KO'd my teeth as a wee bairn, and since then I've been very wary of all sugary drinks.

Such as, would you have a favourite, or for those who don't drink think them, are there particular reasons?

My favourite would probably just be lemonade...? Nothing too acidic or eye-poppingly sugary, yet with a kick. It keeps me alive when I get ill and generally cheers me up. But largely, nah. They dissolve your teeth, fatten you up are a major generator of diabetes.

So 9 times outta 10, I opt for tea. Antioxidants, water and calcium all in one, and it either keeps you warm or keeps you cool. The Englishmen's solution to thirst.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I drink too much soda, and I know it. I've tried quitting but always fail.

Need to give it another go.

It's not easy. I would have never able to suddenly quit. The only way I could ever stop was through cutting down, which means one soda in the morning then one at night. Then when I managed that, it became one at night.

My method might not have been the best, but I didn't switch directly to water either. I simply had other sugary drinks, such as Gatorade. Then I started drinking Gatorade less, and had water instead.

I was really addicted to soft drinks, drinking over 4 per day, which probably would have had more long term effects had I not quit. When we didn't have any in the house, I would walk 30 minutes to find a vending machine.

Still, I wish you the best of luck with this. Remember, you don't have to stop drinking them completely. Drinking less proved more effective, at least in my case. Although I'm at a point where I don't want any soda at all.

Years
definitely not a fan. =( they taste bad imo and aren't good for your teeth or health whatsoever, so i've steered clear of them. have enough friends who drink soda often and as a result have really yellow or teeth that look like they're on their way to rotting.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
My thoughts are I need to cut back. Stopping isn't the problem. I could probably go years without one. The problem is trying to moderate myself. I have one and say I'm not going to have another until the weekend... and then end up having another one the next day, and so on.

Years
I used to drink mainly water when I was a kid but I then started drinking soda as I got older, eventually moving on to the diet variety.

At one point I was drinking far too many of them, justifying it by them being sugar free but other things in them caused me health issues so I had to give them up.

After drinking mainly water for a while, I really don't want to drink anything else now.

Bay

Years
I used to drink lots of soda, but I've been trying to cut them back through varying degrees of success. At one point I probably went months without soda, but then I tried out a few new flavors and got addicted oops.

Years
I like them, mostly for the fizziness feel during drinking them. Other than that, I drink mostly water, as it is healthier.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I definitely have become hooked on them, which is a problem when you're studying abroad in a country where they're fairly expensive when compared to coffee or alcoholic beverages. I've managed for the most part, knocking myself back to about one a day as opposed to around four or five a day in the states. I've been drinking plenty of water too, but it's just hard when you're not an avid coffee drinker to get that caffeine boost needed for exams.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll have them sometimes. More often when at a party or going out or somesuch. Otherwise I stick to juice/tea and plain old water.

I like some brands, like Solo more than others.

Back