• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Kitchen Nightmares (and other Gordon Ramsay shows)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've been binging these a lot lately - he's most known for shows like Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, MasterChef and also started doing Hotel Hell(??) at some point. The latter is a bit of a random direction for him to go in, but I still enjoyed it!

Are you a fan of the angry kitchen man?

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've been binge watching Kitchen Nightmares since last year, especially the US Version of the show because i love the cheesy editing the US Version of Kitchen Nightmares have compared to the more calm and soothing UK version of the show.

As someone who is part of a family owned (AND DEFINITELY NOT FAILING) restaurant myself, i really appreciate how a good restaurant is managed, and watching several of Kitchen Nightmares really make me realise how so many things can fall apart in any restaurant business.

Also, remember the golden rule of storing food. NEVER PUT RAW MEAT NEXT TO A COOKED PRODUCT IN THE SAME FRIDGE.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I actually just discovered the UK version pretty recently, it was a pleasant change in atmosphere, lol. The cheesy edits have their charm though, everything is so INTENSE.

Cool that you have experience in the restaurant business yourself! It's sad that a lot of restaurants he helps out don't make it in the end, but they often have too many underlying problems/outstanding debt for Gordon to really make a lasting difference in a few days.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I like all of the overly dramatic shots in the US version. It just makes me giggle imagining the interactions between the directors of the show and the restaurant owners.
"Ok so I need you to look over at this lake with a very concerned and sad look on your face so we can capture your inner turmoil on screen"

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I do watch my fair share of cooking stuff, but yet have never seen any of these shows past clips.

I agree that Ramsey is fun to watch and I usually laugh at most clips I see. I think the issue is his shows just aren't on very often and I can't say I seek out, online, ppv, recordings, of cooking shows though. That's generally for story shows for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Ah yeah, I got into it because the clips keep showing up in my YouTube feed lol. I get hooked on a few clips, then I'm like "well, what happens next??" and I end up looking up the full episodes and binging them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I binge episodes of Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell on YouTube regularly.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I never liked Kitchen Nightmares since it focuses too much on personal drama, meanwhile culinary skills and the food only gets about 10% of the focus at most. I only watch Hell's Kitchen, and only the first 11 seasons. I know it has drama as well, but I find it much more entertaining and less scripted.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The UK Version of Kitchen Nightmares does away with most of the cheesy edits of the US version and it does feel like a more relaxing show to watch especially for those who want to be future restaurateurs.

Personally, my fave Kitchen Nightmare US Episodes are the following:

* Sushi KO = mainly for the HUGE amount of Drama involving a broken down Japanese Man who has lost his passion vs Naggy Wife who is more of a problem than the restaurant's failures.

* El Greco = If you ever wanted to see what "The Microwave Chronicles" looks like, this episode pretty much is the epitome of it.

* Capri = Holy **** this episode features two of the most childish owners that one can ever see in a Kitchen Nightmares episode.

As for Hotel Hell, what i like about this show that it showcases more of Gordon's ability to manage a business other than the restaurant industry. I mean, it was once said that one of Gordon's signature strengths may not just be his cooking skills but also his management skills.

I also recommend everyone to binge watch the F Word, another Gordon Ramsey show.

Back