donavannj

Age 29
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
I have some misprint cards, but it's hard to find an expanded guide to misprint or error cards. Does anyone know a suitable guide for both beginners and professional collectors?
For Error cards, there's generally a fairly quickly updated list maintained on Bulbapedia. Beyond that I'm not aware of any comprehensive list.

There is a facebook group for miscuts associated with Heyfonte but IDK how knowledgeable they are, either. Miscuts and misprints can attract fairly niche collectors.
whoops
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
1 posts
25 Days
Hey so I got a Gen 1 base set (no expansion symbol) shadowed, Bulbasaur 44/102...But the thing is its in Italian language, now the thing I've been noticing is that it seems like some of these italian cards on ebay are going for INSANE prices..is this true or not? I have quite a few more (commons and uncommons though) in this language but those numbers seem a little to crazy?

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Hey so I got a Gen 1 base set (no expansion symbol) shadowed, Bulbasaur 44/102...But the thing is its in Italian language, now the thing I've been noticing is that it seems like some of these italian cards on ebay are going for INSANE prices..is this true or not? I have quite a few more (commons and uncommons though) in this language but those numbers seem a little to crazy?
They're not worth those insane prices, it's likely just predatory or naive sellers (leaning more toward predatory but not ruling out naive) hoping someone buys at those prices. The real eBay price is what they've actually sold for under sold listings on average, or what they post at on CardMarket.com since that's an EU marketplace for trading cards that's equivalent to TCGPlayer in the US. Sale price on Cardmarket for Bulbasaur seems to hover at just under 1 euro overall, with spikes and drops that peak at just above 4 euro.
whoops
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
49 posts
1.2 Years
Years ago, I pulled this card from a booster pack. But now, I wonder: Is this considered as an official miscut as well? I wanna know, because I wonder about the value of this card in euros (It is in poor condition, though)

Can anyone tell me if this is a miscut?

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Yes, that is a miscut.
whoops

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Miscuts don't consistently get listed. I'd say try listing it at a 25% markup over what the card itself goes for on CardMarket and move it down if it doesn't sell? Misprints aren't actively sought after except by a subset of collectors, so they're extremely hard to pin down and that's also part of why there's no price guide specifically for miscuts.
whoops
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1 posts
14 Days
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice. I have two sealed Base Set booster packs, please see photos. I am wondering if one of them may be fake? As shown in the photos, the pack on the right seems slightly wider than the one on the left, and slightly lighter in colour also. The seal on the back of the packs are also different.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
9,150 posts
8.5 Years
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice. I have two sealed Base Set booster packs, please see photos. I am wondering if one of them may be fake? As shown in the photos, the pack on the right seems slightly wider than the one on the left, and slightly lighter in colour also. The seal on the back of the packs are also different.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
I hate to say it, but I believe both of those packs are fake. The discoloration on the "O's" is a pretty dead giveaway. Also, the font at the bottom is different and much more bold in these, whereas the original are slimmer. Have the back pull flaps been crimped down? That's a giveaway too, since they never did that with older boosters.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the cards inside the packs are fake.. it just means the packaging is. It also means that any holographic, rare, or valuable cards have been pulled from the pack after opening. Sorry. :(

Are you planning on opening them?

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2 posts
11 Days
Hi,
My son showed me this Altaria EX and claims it has a misprint. I think he might be right. In the Powerful Gain paragraph it says “ture” instead of “turn”. Have any of you seen one of these. Been looking online for hours and no images of this one on any misprint sites.
Thanks in advance.

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Sorry, It says I have to post 5 times before links?

Can I just post 5 times here and let mods delete them or something? Or can mods just let me post them. I'd just like a price on this card, as I'm leaving the hobby.

Thanks in advance.
You should be able to add an image as an attachment to your post, 1stAndlast.

Hi,
My son showed me this Altaria EX and claims it has a misprint. I think he might be right. In the Powerful Gain paragraph it says “ture” instead of “turn”. Have any of you seen one of these. Been looking online for hours and no images of this one on any misprint sites.
Thanks in advance.
So, that Altaria is a counterfeit, not a misprint. The biggest tell to me is that the text on the card is in the completely wrong font.

Here's the legit card so you can compare them side by side.

whoops

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Oh, okay donovannj. Could you show me how, or point me in the right thread for that? There is an insert image button, but it prompts for a URL... I'd like to take it straight from my files, but I also have mediafire with them on it.
If you click/tap "Use Full Editor", it will bring up the full post editor in a full page, and there will be a paper clip button next to a smiley face button above the post textbox. That's where you go to add attachments.
whoops
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
7 posts
11 Days
Thanks!

Here are 2 pictures of it. Upon trading for the card, I put it into a case, it has been there since in perfect condition. If you need more pictures, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2 posts
11 Days
[QUOTE=donavannj;10093753]You should be able to add an image as an attachment to your post, 1stAndlast.

So, that Altaria is a counterfeit, not a misprint. The biggest tell to me is that the text on the card is in the completely wrong font.

Here's the legit card so you can compare them side by side.

Much appreciated donavanng - so I no longer have any issues with him throwing this card around like a ninja star.

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
Any ideas? Ebay has it with prices from $20-$250. Not sure where mine is valued.

Thanks
That's new enough to reliably be for sale on TCGPlayer, Market price there has it at about $40.
whoops
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
3 posts
6 Days
I am hoping someone can help me, My son wanted to go though his Pokémon Cards and wanted to Mark them off on the App we are using. We came across the the Celesteela GX card I have searched but have not found anything on it. So the one we have (I have attached a photo) the picture is for the promo card but it doesn’t have the star but it has the numbers for the set card 144/156 but it comes up with the full art one for the set. Am I missing something or is this a miss print? Thank you

donavannj

Age 29
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
22,425 posts
14.8 Years
I am hoping someone can help me, My son wanted to go though his Pokémon Cards and wanted to Mark them off on the App we are using. We came across the the Celesteela GX card I have searched but have not found anything on it. So the one we have (I have attached a photo) the picture is for the promo card but it doesn’t have the star but it has the numbers for the set card 144/156 but it comes up with the full art one for the set. Am I missing something or is this a miss print? Thank you
Counterfeit/fake. The fonts are completely off from the actual card which is the biggest immediate tell for me, along side the completely wrong picture used. And the energy symbols are off as well. Compare the card side by side to the images you find online (like at pkmn-cards.com) in these specific areas and the differences should become apparent. Do the same with his other cards, too.
whoops
Advertiser Content