• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've never had the chance to play it. ;_; I watched the first 15 minutes of the movie though. =o

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Lightning said:
I've never had the chance to play it. ;_; I watched the first 15 minutes of the movie though. =o

the FF movie really sucks... Square lost some big amount of cash there. Plus it's not even related in any possible way to the real FF game to me...

FF is a great series. However, generally the older the FF, the better it is to me... (with the exception of FF5 and FF9 that doesn't follow this general rule of mine)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
The Movie is nothing like Final Fantsay , I hate it I thought it was gunna b like usin magic and stopin Kefka or sumthin

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
They're all far too easy, but fun.

FFVI, VII, VIII, and Tactics have to be my favorites.

I watched the movie...it was...umm...I can see where the money loss came from.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
The only final fantasy game I actually played was FF III on as a ROM.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
actually most ppl don't think FF is that easy... in FF8 i'm in disc2 and got 4k hp for everyone of my character, and 7-8k hp for whoever got HP80%plus. My friend in disc3 only has 2-3k hp... it's that sad...

Years
Well, it depends on how you go through the games. If you just try to breeze through them, they are a little difficult. I noticed in FFX for example, if you don't take time to get all the good Aeons or the ultimate weapons, it will be a little harder...since you can only take 9999 damage max off enemies.
But, when you have Aeons like Anima who take 60000 hp off enemies regularly....it becomes substantially easier.

I am currently (trying to) mod my PS2 so I can play FFX International.....

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I played a no-level game on FFVIII last time though, I didn't level up at all until the end wen I had the GFs that had the abilities such as "HP Bonus" etc. It was to max out my stats as much as possibl. It wasn't that hard, and I got all the Triple Triad cards. I have them all in real life too.

Let us know if you get FFXi working, I so wish I could play that!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
blah... don't even mention triple triad... it's so much more complicated that the FF9 one x_x

yes i thought of that no level up thing. It's real sucessful to push yourself to max stats of 255 i believe... then again you can go the very expensive way to buy stat+1 items (there is a way if you twist around with tonberry GF, and possibly other GFs too later as right now there is no way for me to buy that thing at that price)

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I had all the GFs at 100 as well, so yes that can supplement it.

I got the hang of Triple Triad, I did have to beat a whole bunch of people to get all of them.

I don't remember the FFIV one too well, I haven't played that game in a few years.

Years
The movie did not make any sense, but it was still cool. I'm slightly mad that the graphics were not in 8 bit. I wanted to play it in the original version. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the rest of the series, FFIX being my favorite.

Years
I can't wait to try FFX International. I realize that it may not be a whole lot diff. than our version of FFX, but it has the dark Aeons and Penance (the baddest boss in the game).
I just hope this thing works (the mod thingy)! It sounds too good to be true!

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
Yep, I've played, completed and loved them all. Plus I live in Europe, and therefore have FFX: International. The Dark Aeons are extremely hard unless you have stats in the mid-200's (max them out for Penance), and HP of about 30,000 (Except Dark Valefore - his attacks only do a max of 9999 damage, they don't break the limit.) I haven't reached Penance yet, as you need to kill all the Dark Aeons to access him (you need to fight Dark Yojimbo five times in a row!) but he's ultimately the baddest geezer in the game. Even stronger than Nemesis.

The downside to them? Well, you cannot return to Besaid, Macalania Temple or Zanarkand Ruins (the room where you fight Yunalesca) because as soon as you aproach them you'll be attacked by Dark Valefore, Dark Shiva and Dark Bahamut. So to return to any of the temples to retrieve forgotten Destruction Sphere items or to gain the secret items in each chamber of the fayth you'll need to beat those Dark Aeons. Dark Ifrit is way out at the ruined Home (Sanubia Sands), while Dark Ixion is under a lightning rod on the Thunder Plains. But those two can be easily avoided if you aren't prepared for battle. Dark Yojimbo hangs out in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, but he's easy to dodge as you need to go to the back of the cavern and walk back through to initiate battle. Dark Anima is the hardest to find - you need to complete the Gagazet Trial (The Blitzball throwing) again and then she appears at the Gagazet mountain gate. Dark Magus Sisters hang around the start of Mushroom Rock Road. Their summoners surround you and if you touch one the battle will start, so you need to do a bit of ducking and dodging to pass them safely.

Phew, rambled for a bit there :D. But yeah, huge Final Fantasy fan here. Yes.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Well, I rewrote the Sphere Grid.

I bought a bunch of clear spheres, and replaced all the +1 and +2 spaces with +3 so my stats were maxed and my HP around fifty or sixty thousand.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
Kairi said:
Well, I rewrote the Sphere Grid.

I bought a bunch of clear spheres, and replaced all the +1 and +2 spaces with +3 so my stats were maxed and my HP around fifty or sixty thousand.

That's what I'm in the middle of doing now. Although it's not really necessary except for the likes of Speed, Evasion and Accuracy. My Strength, Magic, Defence and Magic Defence are maxed out just filling in empty nodes with Magic Spheres and the like. But then, I don't think the US version has the choice of Expert Sphere Grid, with more nodes and complicated routes. :D

I'm currently making my own weapons though. Got bored with the Celestial (SP?) ones, plus some of their abilities weren't desired (Counter-Attack can be annoying when you're trying to steal, etc). Customised an Excalibur for Tidus: Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Magic Booster, One MP Cost. :rambo:

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
I think they should have/could have stopped the series entirely after VI because none have ever remotely lived up to it, except that I really liked IX. It had a Dark Crystal/Labyrinth feel and the bright, cartoony world of strange animal people and almost comical monsters was a refreshing change from the usual dreariness of other games...I'm really just not at all a fan of angsty drama.

I liked VII when it was new, but I've come to resent its popularity. I can't believe it's considered a "classic" (it's still a very recent game in my eyes) and so many people say it was their first video game EVER, and everyone loves Cloud and Sephiroth when honestly I think they're the two worst characters in the history of the series. To me they're both just painfully shallow, stereotypical cookie-cutter anime style characters with predictable, boring plots, zero personality and nothing remotely unique about them. On top of that, their actual character design is, well, a little bit too girly. Even friends of mine who are gay call them "faggy looking" (Squall, too)

I didn't even bother with VIII...looked too much like a bad soap opera. X didn't look interesting to me either, so really, I'm about done with the whole series. Tactics was cool, but I'm thoroughly dissapointed that you can't add monsters to your party in Tactics advance (you just get the morpher/beastmaster...not good enough)......I loved having marlboros and zombies and stuff in my old party....ah well, I'll just get Disgaea (and I urge anyone who likes RPG's and/or has a good sense of humor to get it too. Absolutely drop-dead AWESOME game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back