• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Blue Kaizo: Update 4.5 (Very challenging experience)

How Kaizo was this?

• Definately Kaizo

Votes: 162 60.9%
  • Fairly challenging

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Remove Flash HM from Rock Tunnel for unremovable flash

Votes: 58 21.8%
  • Unfair

Votes: 36 13.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
how do i get the updated version? i downloaded from the link and i played with the pokeballs being 300$ and my squirtle having only watergun thanks :)

What link did you click?

The updated ips is found on the first post. Try not to get links from outside of the pokecommunity blue Kaizo page, since outdated versions are flying around. Only romhacking.net has the same ips patch as this one.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
...So, SHF. I started playing this game recently, just to check what kinds of moves the Pokemon learn when they level up. Of course, since there's no location guide, I had to use the RBY Wild Pokemon Editor to look up all the encounters in the area, and according to THAT, about half the routes have an encounter rate of...255%?

I'm not sure if that's why I always encounter a Pokemon the first time I step onto a grass tile in any of the affected routes, or if it overflows after the first encounter, which explains why the encounter rate seems to drop to every three to five steps after the first Pokemon, but either way, I have the sneaking suspicion that this isn't intentional.

Is the encounter rate supposed to be 100% or did you deliberately make it glitched on certain routes? Because the IPS came straight from the link in your description and the Rom came straight from EmuParadise.org, and they've never let me down before.

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the earlier games at this point, so I was wondering if you might be working on a new Kaizo hack of Emerald, or Leaf Green? Or are you done with them for the forseeable future?

jvh

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
SinisterHoodFigure, I love what you did with this patch as a whole. Super challenging and fun, but I have to say I do not like how you've released some of the updates in the fashion that you have.

As I played a long I perused the internet watching others through their nuzlock attempts, and journeys, or what have you and I discovered you patched a significant amount of available pokemon throughout the journey as well as some moves.

To name a few:
Minimize/Double Team (on the few pokemon that can still obtain it via catch/lvl/tm) it has 1 charge. You didn't need to remove a mechanic entirely altogether from the game, yes it has its warrants as being "cheap", but that doesn't mean you need to altogether scrap it completely.
Chansey/Tauros/Starmie/Abra and a variety of other catcheable mons were removed till much later in the game, not to mention again scaling back movesets and what they can get
Removing TM's such as Thunderbolt from vendors, or Max Elixirs for 0 in the Celadon store.

I appreciate you want to make this particular hack as difficult as possible, but removing the availability of moves, items, and pokemon altogether removes some of the random possibilities and fun that can be had not just in general but particularly in nuzlockes where no one is guaranteed any pokemon.

I want to say this is just my critique of how the patches have progressed because I get the feeling of being cheated out of opportunities that other nuzlockers had because they played on previous patches.

Regardless I completed the game and I want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this. These are just my two cents, take em with a grain of salt as I'm only one man.

Thanks again SHF!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
...So, SHF. I started playing this game recently, just to check what kinds of moves the Pokemon learn when they level up. Of course, since there's no location guide, I had to use the RBY Wild Pokemon Editor to look up all the encounters in the area, and according to THAT, about half the routes have an encounter rate of...255%?

I'm not sure if that's why I always encounter a Pokemon the first time I step onto a grass tile in any of the affected routes, or if it overflows after the first encounter, which explains why the encounter rate seems to drop to every three to five steps after the first Pokemon, but either way, I have the sneaking suspicion that this isn't intentional.

Is the encounter rate supposed to be 100% or did you deliberately make it glitched on certain routes? Because the IPS came straight from the link in your description and the Rom came straight from EmuParadise.org, and they've never let me down before.

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the earlier games at this point, so I was wondering if you might be working on a new Kaizo hack of Emerald, or Leaf Green? Or are you done with them for the forseeable future?

As of this moment, I am currently experimenting with a certain infamous hack, called Dark Rising 1, playing through it. Level curves are ridiculous, as everyone said, but fighting grunts and goons is the most infuriatingly mind numbing thing, they use the same repetitive "bad guy" mons since the earlier game. Getting through a few pointless non-bad guy boss fights, is annoying, especially when they reset. But I have seen a much worse touhoumon hack. I'm trying to see what hacks I can do to improve the dark rising experience (it's quite popular to lp for being "difficult," even though it's really not. It's good practice for more future projects, and I learned never use firered as a hacking base for original hacks, because it can't do over world sunlight (yet it can do underwater settings, without dive spots, wtf...).

Magma Ruby exists, as it's the closest thing to a Kaizo third gen hack, but not many people heard of it due to the remakes.

Encounter rates didn't seem to glitch out, some are lower (if unavoidable), some are high (if avoidable and provides repels).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Hey again, I've got to be either blind or just don't get it, I've tried going directly down/south of Fuchsia (just below the Pokémon Center) but I just can't go anywhere there (as I've included in the screenshots).
I've tried going east of Fuchsia and looking for a way down but can't find any.
I've also tried going west to the cycling road and tried using Surf if it's possible to go south after I've jumped up on my bike but that's not possible either. :(

I am also facing that exact same problem
the video OP posted doesnt seem to apply to this situation as its completely blocked off with the latest patch?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Just go south of fuschia into the sea, following the swimming trainers that you are required to fight. The swimmers include beauties, with the last beauty having a team of five with a venomoth. Then go left of the sea, where you encounter 3 large passages. 2 leads to dead ends, 1 will lead to a swimmer, leading to another 3 passages. Rinse and repeat until you reach seafoam islands.
There was a stream of someone going to seafoam without issue in the update, as well as the video shown in the spoiler post. Use repel and avoid the speedup button so that you don't miss a passage between green island hills. I went through without issue in the updated patch. Don't try to go directly to cinnabar from pallet town since that is barred.
Follow the path past any swimmer you fight.

EDIT:
Those screenshots look like they came from a phone emulator. Are you really using VBA and lunar ips, because I don't have the phone ips.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Am getting the same issue at end of Seafoam route just before Cinnabar. Ledge stops me from reaching the island after cutting last bush. Any idea?

Also, the Articuno in Islands was a Ditto... seen that before?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
I am having the same issue as some of the others getting to the sea foam islands. The issue isn't that i don't know where to go, the water way below fuchsia is blocked by pillars and there is no way around. Is there some event that needs to be triggered for them to disappear? I have beaten Sabrina and Koga and have all of the HM's.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Im very new to patching so can someone explain tge steps? I have the original blue rom and the patch of the rom hack file so what program should I use to patch it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm almost done! Champion beaten and Cerulean Cave completed, but I only have 150 pokemon since I lack Moltres to complete the Pokedex. Can anyone please tell me where can I found him?

Thank you!! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
Hi there!

First of all, thank you so much for the great job youve done, its really, fkin, amazing!
I've already finished Crystal Kaizo last year, that was a great experience.
So i decided to play blue kaizo in order to properly finish gen 1 once and for all, as the original game should have been without time and economics constraints Nintendo has.
I think about paying you some way since you made that possible, made possible to appease a pain: this unreached goal of cath em all, a goal i've unfortunatly been ordered by the TV as a kid, but still is grinding my mind ^^

Some may argue your hack is too hard, but because i play using a lot of savestates and with a constant game speed augmentation (necessary so far in 2016 in my opinion), it seems your work perfectly fit with that approach of original pokemon games.

So far in Blue Kaizo, i've just got surf and strengh HM, the marathon to get there was my first real challenge, and i really enjoyed the game modifications, according to what i read on that forum, it keeps getting better.
All was going well in my pokemon world, i am particularly amazed by the stability and simplicity of use despite of deep mechanics alterations in pokemon hacking.
But for the first time i ran into a bug, a weird one because it involved no modification on the original game...

- Here is my problem:
When i encounter Zapdos, a Ditto appears
???
I precedent post pointed that out, but this guy seem to be the only other individual to get this bug, and you didnt answer him back.
I've tried to repatch my rom with freshly downloaded ips and verified my rom was the great variation, but it didnt fix.
What should i do? Do i risk to loose my save in the operation?

Thank you, have a nice day and sorry for the long post!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
Im very new to patching so can someone explain tge steps? I have the original blue rom and the patch of the rom hack file so what program should I use to patch it?

I used Lunar ips, it asks you to select the ROM, then the ips, then its done!

Years
Helllo, im playing your game and i like it, its so challenging, and the revmaped maps look great.

Umm...... have you removed Fire Spin from Vulpix's learnset? I am nuzlocking and i kept it to 42 so it could learn it but no bueno....

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
When I patch the game and put it in my emulator, the game loads but it is just a white blank screen. Anyone know a fix to this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2020
This was legitemately one of the most fun hacks I've ever played. The Nuzlocke took me 49 attempts but I pulled through! Currently trying to Nuzlocke Crystal Kaizo and loving it!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
fantastic work. i applaud your edits to trainer rosters, availability, and movepools. the placing of psychic types in particular was spot on and gave them a certain uber aura i think was really fitting for gen 1. i wish it could have gone on longer, but i respect your adherence to the source material.

my only slight complaint was the trainer ai being able to select the best possible moves on switch ins a lot of the time. it removes a tactical element from the game and makes twave a bit overpowered. this basically forces you to rely on healing items after a lot of rounds. i doubt it's even fixable while maintaining the current difficulty level though (which i think is good).

i'm gonna give crystal kaizo another try. i casually played it a few years ago, but remember being a little more put off by the availability/movepools compared to this one. maybe i didn't explore the wild mons enough

thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 14, 2020
Anyone still playing? Are there any special instructions for downloading the most recent version? I've tried downloading the rar file but when I try to extract it errors. Anyone have a good download?

Back