South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
And we're back again with more art!

A Thai New Year present for a friend:
Spoiler:

A birthday present for the author of the nuzlocke comic, Children of the Sky, featuring the starter pokemon, Claire (highly recommend checking it out):
Spoiler:

Another birthday gift for the author of the comic, Super Minion Bros (also recommend checking it out):
Spoiler:

And another birthday gift for the author of the comic, Gible Bites, featuring the comic's protagonist:
Spoiler:

And one final birthday gift for a friend featuring a rugged/less effeminate looking Lopunny:
Spoiler:

A pony doodle as practice for an upcoming collab:
Spoiler:

So this is what it's like to be the manager:
Spoiler:

Pip jump:
Spoiler:

Another bit of OC concept art:
Spoiler:

Some various traditional doodles from while I was traveling (warning five images):
Spoiler:

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
Damn gurl you ain't wasting no time! I actually really love the sketches from the last spoiler. I think it gives us a good insight into your creative process and how those sketches become fully blown pieces. I hope to see more of that in the future!

Noblejanobii

I'm trying to find my berries!

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Damn gurl you ain't wasting no time! I actually really love the sketches from the last spoiler. I think it gives us a good insight into your creative process and how those sketches become fully blown pieces. I hope to see more of that in the future!
Gotta draw while I can since these next two weeks are finals week and my drawing schedule is going to be alllll over the place. And thank you! I actually wasn't sure if I should post them but if you want to see more of that I can definitely post them in the future!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
Oh trust me, I feel you on that! I'd love to see more of your loose/sorta unofficial artwork. I believe that's where some of an artist's best and truest work comes through. :)

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Little bit less this time with the finals rush going on. But I still managed to get a few things done.

Finished a new outfit for my OC, Amy Risa:
Spoiler:

Her undershirt isn't site appropriate so you'll have to check out my twitter for the undershirt: https://twitter.com/madderjanobii/status/1122617923464519681

A doodle of the fakemon a friend of mine (Penpeaches on most sites) designed:
Spoiler:

Some pokemon doodles:
Spoiler:

A doodle of my OC in a gay shirt:
Spoiler:

Ref-less doodle of my Lucky Travels OCs, Lucky and Brynn:
Spoiler:

And recently, it was the one year anniversary of when I started drawing digitally, so I redrew the piece:
Spoiler:

Side by side comparison:
Spoiler:

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
Lmfao that gay agenda shirt.

I like that you’re posting redraws! It’s great seeing how much you’ve progressed. :)

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Been a while since I updated, and I haven't done as much art, but here's what we've got!

A weavile:
Spoiler:

The digital version of my OC in a gay shirt:
Spoiler:

Bonus meme version:
Spoiler:

Another Pass it On with a Mimikyu this time. I did the sketch and colored while Gold Flareon lined:
Spoiler:

Some mermay stuff:
Spoiler:

A Nidoran female draw with my fingers on my phone:
Spoiler:

A warmup doodle featuring my fakemon, Seishieon:
Spoiler:

Fanart for the comic, Shinka: The Last Eevee, featuring Officer Ziggy:
Spoiler:

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Summer school is making it a bit more difficult to do stuff, but that hasn't stopped me from taking on a few commissions.

Two sprite commissions of the characters Bassui and Ronas from the comic, The Essence of Being:
Spoiler:

I didn't have my sketchbook this weekend so I drew a Sceptile with my finger:
Spoiler:

My Rymesona:
Spoiler:

Some fanart of the characters Cedar and Mist from the comics Finding Your Roots and Pokémon Rising Shadows respectively:
Spoiler:

Some sketches from while I was at work:
Spoiler:

A digital drawing of Rose:
Spoiler:

Another commission of a friend's OC in an RPG we're in:
Spoiler:

Another sprite for the fakemon region the artist Penpeaches and I are working on:
Spoiler:

The lineart for another Pass it On collab (sketch done by Awney), titled Pigachu:
Spoiler:

Some classroom doodles:
Spoiler:

And a gift for my friend, Penpeaches featuring their OC, Cole:
Spoiler:

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Some more art pieces! I also recently started trying out speedpaints so I'm including those too. Sorry if they don't look great atm I'm still figuring out the recording and everything.

My OC Brent in his assassin's kimono:
Spoiler:

Some fanart for the author of Pokémon Rising Shadow's birthday, featuring their OC Mist:
Spoiler:

Pride Shaymin says, "Remember, all love is love.":
Spoiler:

Some concept art from while I've been bored in class:
Spoiler:

Pincushion Cactus Shaymin:
Spoiler:

Finally got to give one of my oldest OCs from an RP a new look:
Spoiler:

A trackpad drawn comic inspired by Discord shenanigans:
Spoiler:

Remember, when your Shaymin is in bloom, they need to get a few hours of sunlight every day! But make sure to watch them so they don’t get too much!
Spoiler:

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
Your Shaymin art is absolutely adorable! I’d love to see more variations of that little cutie. :’)

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Your Shaymin art is absolutely adorable! I’d love to see more variations of that little cutie. :’)
I definitely plan to do more! I was thinking of doing a Hibiscus next. Do you have any plant or flowers you'd like to see done as a Shaymin variant?

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Here we go! Back with some more art!

Did a quickie ref of an OC for Lucky Travels. Meet Violet the Purrloin~
Spoiler:

And asked for some mons to draw from memory on Insta. Here's the compilation:
Spoiler:

A pride month piece featuring my OCs, Lucky and Brynn:
Spoiler:

Metapod use... spray pant? A gijinka design:
Spoiler:

Yamper the best corgi mon:
Spoiler:

Cat and her Hoppip for an RP:
Spoiler:

Some traditional drawn from memories:
Spoiler:

Redid the Hasal sprite to reflect some design changes:
Spoiler:

And a pixel art commission featuring Ral and Grey from PMD: Explorers of Life:
Spoiler:

A semi redraw of a piece I did last year featuring my OCs Tyson and Alain:
Spoiler:

This was the piece from last year:
Spoiler:

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Alright it's been a bit since I posted so we've got some catching up to do!

Introducing, the man, the myth, the villain, Seishieon! Really pleased with how his design came out.
Spoiler:

Here's Chantal, she's the main shopkeeper in Sarham City where Lucky's Travels takes place.
Spoiler:

A quickie ref for Isaiah. One day I'll figure out how I want his leaf to look.
Spoiler:

Decided to redo a picture from last year again. The improvement was actually quite startling for me.
Spoiler:

The old piece for reference:
Spoiler:

Hoped on that Pokefusion trend, this is a Machoke Victreebel fusion:
Spoiler:

Some ten second Pokemon doodles:
Spoiler:

And a collab with my friend, Racingwolf, that was a complete BLAST to do even if I took forever to do my parts:
Spoiler:

Meet Morrigan the Mightyena! She’s the head of the messenger service branch in Sarham City that Spirit works for.
Spoiler:

And meet Sara the Larvesta gijinka! She’s the leader of Rescue Team Overgrowth.
Spoiler:

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
Daaaamn you haven't been wasting any time!

Your improvement in this piece is pretty palpable. Your shading is clearly much more defined, you've got a better sense of anatomy, and the presentation as a whole is much cleaner.

I would like to see you start using more outlines for your colored pieces though! I dunno if you're just coloring right over your sketch work but it would be nice to see your process in there a little bit. :)

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,136 posts
7.3 Years
Very important question: Is that a pie Isaiah is holding?

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Very important question: Is that a pie Isaiah is holding?
It is! His favorite dessert is cherry pie.

Daaaamn you haven't been wasting any time!

Your improvement in this piece is pretty palpable. Your shading is clearly much more defined, you've got a better sense of anatomy, and the presentation as a whole is much cleaner.

I would like to see you start using more outlines for your colored pieces though! I dunno if you're just coloring right over your sketch work but it would be nice to see your process in there a little bit. :)
Thank you! Yeah I've been practicing by drawing at least one piece every day in order to practice different things like shading, anatomy, etc. It has paid off a lot in the long run.

What do you mean by that? Like coloring underneath the sketch? Or doing lineart? My style is primarily blocking out and doing lineless art.

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,136 posts
7.3 Years
It is! His favorite dessert is cherry pie.
I like him.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
8,641 posts
8.2 Years
What do you mean by that? Like coloring underneath the sketch? Or doing lineart? My style is primarily blocking out and doing lineless art.
That’s exactly what I meant! Sorry, I definitely did not word my question well at all, haha. Lineless takes a whole lot of work so I give you major credit for that!

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
That’s exactly what I meant! Sorry, I definitely did not word my question well at all, haha. Lineless takes a whole lot of work so I give you major credit for that!
Yeah I'm working on finding the balance between lined and lineless since good lineless art still has lines in it. If you have any tips on where to possibly include lines I'm all ears since I'm still working on finding that balance.

Noblejanobii

Age 21
Female
South Carolina
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
965 posts
213 Days
Been kinda quiet the last month because I was working on a bunch of Art Fight pieces! I did about thirty pieces for it and it was a lot of fun getting to draw creatures, designs, etc. that I normally don't do. Lots of fun experimentation. That said because they are a bunch of other people's OCs and it is 30 images, I probably won't post them here, but you can find them all on my Twitter (@Madderjanobii) or on my Deviantart (Writerraven).

That said Art Fight wasn't the only thing I did this month so have a few original pieces I did as well:

Several pictures of my friend, Penpeaches', OC, Ian Clematis:
Spoiler:

Portrait practice featuring a friend of mine:
Spoiler:

For International PMD Day (which was August 2) I drew some of my favorite NPCs from the franchise:
Spoiler:

Have a hibiscus shaymin:
Spoiler:

A totally 100% normal electric sheep:
Spoiler:

A batch of Shaymin fusions! You can see what they all are in this tweet or you can try to guess!
Spoiler:

A totally normal Tepig who wants to be your starter:
Spoiler:

Also tried to practice lineart by redoing a Uxie piece I did back in 2013.
Spoiler:

Also tried to do one of those old school iPod adverts with Shaymin but it's not a very poseable mon unfortunately.
Spoiler:

A little fun comic I did about life in the closet that you can also view here if you want better res.
Spoiler:

And finally my most recent page as part of a collaborative comic hosted on another forum, PMD: Crossroads (which you can find on smackjeeves):
Spoiler:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight

Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
99 posts
13.5 Years
Very nice ghosties! Your lineless art is nice. ^^ You draw Pokemon pretty well!! Keep going. I love Lampent a lot too~ and Banette!!

Your Shaymin’s pretty cute, Deerling too! Seems like we have a lot of the same taste in Pokemon.
“Your most important friend is not here right now, but please aim for that promise and that same dream.
No matter how small your strength is, even to the point of helplessness, please believe in the day our promise will be fulfilled.“

✨⭐️✨

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
26,578 posts
12.9 Years
A totally 100% normal electric sheep:
OMG, I love it!
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever