Advertiser Content

Featured Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0) Page 95

Started by Rangi July 17th, 2016 7:16 PM
  • 2372 replies
Seen March 19th, 2019
Posted March 19th, 2019
1 posts
154 Days
I played through the 2.2.0 version of this a few months ago, but when I'm using some of the codes I used in my second play through, they aren't working anymore.

I guess it's because I have a new commit? Does anyone have any codes for c7ebdea? Sorry to sound like a pain - people had millions of codes for older versions, shame they don't work now

Thanks a lot :D

Ace Trainer Green

Age 29
Male
Buffalo, NY
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
836 posts
16 Years
Where can I get the exp share? Thanks
Talk to Professor Elm's aide in the Ecruteak City/Route 38 gate after catching at least 30 Pokémon.

Zero-G

on the fly

Male
outer space.
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted June 19th, 2019
102 posts
1.2 Years
Out of curiosity, if the full release of 3.0 is 100%... how much would the beta I downloaded (c4ba267) be in terms of percentage?

I don't want to pressure you guys at all, I'm just curious as to what more to be excited for in the future.

EDIT
Sheer Force doesn't block Life Orb recoil somehow. I have a Nidoking with Sheer Force and it takes LO recoil after attacking with either of Earth Power, Sludge Bomb and Ice Beam.

EDIT #2
Looks like while Sheer Force does not cancel out Life Orb recoil, LEVITATE somehow does. Life Orb Mismagius doesn't take recoil when using Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball. I figure that's an oversight or an accidental switch-up...
Seen April 20th, 2019
Posted April 20th, 2019
1 posts
122 Days
i have been playing the faithful 2.2.0 patch and looks like the Battle Tower is glitched because in the lv90 challenge i got a Clear Bell as a reward and in lv100 i got 5 Ragecandybar instead of the 5 mineral drinks, also looks like that in Viridian City Gym you can get trapped in one of the red arrows aiming up to a trainer

sorry if my english is bad

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
175 posts
2.2 Years
I have not been keeping in touch with this thread regularly enough, has 3.0 released yet? I keep seeing references to the 3.0 beta but I don't see any download on GitHub. Is that still only available for beta testers?
Maybe you were checking the older decomp?The 3.0 beta patch is located here

https://github.com/Rangi42/polishedcrystal/releases
Games I'm watching :Aeon/Misanthropy 2/Coral/Xi Arco/Saffron
Virion/Spectrum/Dark Energy/Discovery/Postscriptum/Floral Tempus/Conjure
Pheonix Rising/Life/Normal Version/CountryBalls/Sea Temple/Re_Imagined/
Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Jasper/Axis/Winds of Shadow
Sage/Unbound/Lilac

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

papacitoloko111789

USA
Seen May 3rd, 2019
Posted April 27th, 2019
36 posts
11.7 Years
Hey there,

I've been playing commit c4ba267 on Nuzlocke mode and just beat the Lighthouse in Olivine. I noticed when I encountered a Tentacruel in the wild it showed I had not caught one, even though I was surfing on one. I checked my Pokedex and saw a few mons had not registered either. Meganium, Tentacruel, and Umbreon are a few I've seen had not registered (as caught, it's only seen). I got these mons through evolution.

Edit: Actually Meganium is not registered as seen either.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
990 posts
5.9 Years
hey I hadn't played this in forever before starting up the 3.0.0 beta and I am working on getting the togepi from Elm's assistant. Trying to get a good nature/ability combo I mean. Is there any means to shuffle abilities like with an ability capsule or perhaps an NPC who does it? I keep getting hustle alongside natures such as timid or bold and I wanna know if there's such a feature available to overcome that particular roadblock if at all.

Zero-G

on the fly

Male
outer space.
Seen June 20th, 2019
Posted June 19th, 2019
102 posts
1.2 Years
hey I hadn't played this in forever before starting up the 3.0.0 beta and I am working on getting the togepi from Elm's assistant. Trying to get a good nature/ability combo I mean. Is there any means to shuffle abilities like with an ability capsule or perhaps an NPC who does it? I keep getting hustle alongside natures such as timid or bold and I wanna know if there's such a feature available to overcome that particular roadblock if at all.
Ability Capsules are implemented. If you can't wait for the actual location, try wondertrading in Goldenrod. Sometimes a traded mon can hold an Ability Cap.
Spoiler:
might take a while though, AC aren't the most common held item. With a bit of luck, though, Lucky Eggs and bonus Leftovers can also be retrieved.

Spoiler #2:
Spoiler:
Beat the E4 once, catch all 28 Unown patterns, beat Cynthia and get an egg from her. It contains a shiny Togepi with Super Luck, Moon- and Aeroblast as bonus moves.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
776 posts
14.3 Years
I just beat all 16 gym leaders, now onto train my other pokemon and get an Magmortal

P.S. i didn't noticed i have the fossils of Omanyte and Kabuto in my PC

Update

Yay i got a Magmortal
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

papacitoloko111789

USA
Seen May 3rd, 2019
Posted April 27th, 2019
36 posts
11.7 Years
Hmm not sure if the first breeding with shiny ditto is guaranteed shiny or I'm just lucky... also I noticed the Ditto's name is Masuda. Are the Masuda effects programmed into this game or just a reference?

Can ability capsules give you hidden abilities when used or am I stuck trying to breed them lol?

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
776 posts
14.3 Years
Hmm not sure if the first breeding with shiny ditto is guaranteed shiny or I'm just lucky
Nope, the pokerus is common too, so i dunno what Rangi is planning in this hack BTW i hope she fixes routes 47/48 musics in later releases

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Male
Online now
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
6 posts
5.2 Years
I've got the 2.2 patch. I've found some text bugs mostly with duo trainers who refer to their partners with different names than are displayed in battle. Also, can you change noctowl back to flying/normal for me as a separate patch? :)

There are abilities?

Hey, can I get a cheat spoiler on how to get umbreon and espeon? I tried the stones, but those didn't work, and the friendly evo gave my the fairy type, but are all three friendly evos at the three different times of day? That's my guess. Thanks for cool mod! :)
i have been playing the faithful 2.2.0 patch... looks like that in Viridian City Gym you can get trapped in one of the red arrows aiming up to a trainer
I was wondering if it was possible to find out what that top most duo trainer battle had to say if you talked to the one on the left but I could only get on pads that always brought me to the trainer on the right. :/
_
Oh, yeah! I almost certain I've found a bug, or an accidental code ;). In the Seafoam Caverns, there is a spot of ice that should have an item on it but I can not face it without sliding. I'm certain it is directly on the ice. It's the 3rd floor down. X marks the spot. I can guarantee it is on the spot because the itemfinder works in a ten by ten square with the item in the middle. It's not on the rocks or walls. > is the stairs to the 4th layer. The second space above the stairs(or ladder :p) is the limit of the itemfinder, so counting that down five(including that second space where the itemfinder jingles and will not above that!) and left five, the item has to be sitting on the tile.
#######..,,,
#,,#,,,#...#
#,,,,,,....#
,,,,#,,....#
#,#,,,,...>#
#,,,,,,#...#
#,,,,,X#..##
############
_
Was Acid Armor added back into the game in 3.0 for muk and vaporeon? Vaporeon is awesome to have but without acid armor... :/ I'd jump straight into 3.0 if it was added back.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
776 posts
14.3 Years
Hi.

I'm trying to create a modifier code to find Eevee in the wild.
I tried to build a .sym file with the patched game (3.0) to find the address of wild Pokémon encounter (TempEnemyMonSpecies I guess...) but it didn't work.

Does anyone know the modifier code?
Well i only needed an Eevee code so here you go

Spoiler:
018509D2

Be careful thought and don't overdo it

Update

If that wasn't what you meant then i shall edit this post

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1 posts
7 Days
Hi, I made an account here to post this!
I just want to thank the developer of this romhack for all of their work! I just finished a playthrough of the faithful version (2.2.0), completed the pokedex and beat Green.
I absolutely loved this version of the game. G/S/C were my favourite games from my childhood but I found it difficult to pick them up again after having played the more recent gens, with all of their QoL changes. This romhack was perfect for what I was looking for.

There were a couple of pieces here and there which I thought were strange or incomplete, like I found that Unown sprites were glitchy when you received them in Wonder Trades from the NPCs, some of the imported Gen 4 pokemon had cries which sounded a lot like Mewtwo's and here and there the level curve was a little uneven, but looking further than these minor things, this romhack was very well put together and really let me enjoy these games fully again. I think I enjoyed this hack just as much if not more than I enjoyed HG/SS when they were released.

I especially liked the little touches which helped bring the areas in the game together, like the linking of Goldenrod's bay area to Olivine's sea and Cherrygrove's waters to the route south of Violet city. Also the restoration of some of the areas in Kanto and the new Cinnabar Volcano, among others. These gave me so many new places to explore and brought the region to life.

All in all, I just want to thank you very much for providing this romhack. Keep up the good work!
Advertiser Content