• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
UPDATE 12/29/19: Demo 3 is now finished and available for download! This demo extends the game all the way through 6 gyms, and 3 main "dungeon" type areas. Trainer difficulty has been rebalanced again, feedback on difficulty is very appreciated. It is recommended to begin a new file, as unexpected errors may occur when loading a save from an older patch. Please let me know if any glitches are found. Thanks, and enjoy! Link here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vd8xurngiu52jo7/Untitled_Unova_Game_Demo_3.ips

UPDATE: Demo 2 has been released! This demo extends the game up through the 3rd gym, and first "evil team hideout" type area. Trainer difficulty has been rebalanced (feedback is appreciated here!), and X-transceiver phone has been implemented. This particular portion of the game required a good bit of custom tilework (as well as learning how to compose GSC music, lol), so the actual new area content may be less than future updates. Still wanted to get something out there though, since it's been a few months now since demo 1. Please let me know of any bugs or concerns! Thanks, and enjoy! Link to ips patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w4ldfguh1jfhw3z/Untitled_Unova_Game_Demo_2.ips

This is Azure Keys, developer of Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. I have been busy on a new hack using the PokeCrystal disassembly, and have finalized a demo of the game allowing for play up until a little after the second gym. This game takes place in Unova, a handful of years after the events of Black2/White2, with a new plot, and new take on traversing the region. As an unofficial "sequel" to B2/W2, this game primarily uses mechanics from Gen 5, though with some from Gen 6, as it is set as somewhat of a midway point between the two generations.

Features include:
-253 Pokemon available, with a mixture of Pokemon from the first 5 generations (and 1 from Gen 6)
-255 moves, with a variety of selections across the first 5 generations (plus a few from Gen 6)
-Fairy type has been introduced in this game
-Physical/Special split for attacks is implemented
-TMs are infinitely reusable
-Running Shoes available from the start by holding B
-Repels can be re-activated instantly

Some screencaps:
aV2CgWB.png
dksMHf3.png
Pl9pd4W.png
kwszegB.png

GYJMqUY.png
cMR0W2u.png
7PzXSrQ.png
MOWheDU.png

jJcJrlb.png
RUumm4W.png
2Rq2xRb.png
ur4cRHW.png

QhjWIro.png
WpYYyUE.png
mLk4vCC.png
gYngM7X.png

Credits to:
-COMBOY for the collection of in-battle sprites
-Solo993 for some of the trainer sprites, with some edits by me
-Custom music by Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, FroggestSpirit, TriteHexagon, Regen, and myself
-Rangi for the highly in-depth PokeCrystal tutorials (and for making PolishedMap) without which this hack would not be possible

This game is a demo, and may eventually include features not yet added. There may also be bugs that have not yet been found. Please let me know any feedback or issues that are found. Thanks!

Link to IPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1xmww5f2d8toq6/Untitled_Unova_Game_Demo.ips

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh wow, I really like the look of this, it's very rare to see demakes actually and the fee that we've seen have barely made progress. I really can't wait to see how far this one goes!

Years
unova in a gen-2 like environment is something I've never think I'd want. keep it up!

Years
I can't play the game. Could you put it, like a normal game of gbc, not ips? Thanks

Hey, toto, what do you mean you can't play it. Did you patch it on a clean gbc rom and it still doesn't work? In that case try a different emulator. If you didn't patch the ips file yet, it isn't that difficult: just search for lunar ips patcher and download it, when you open that program you can select a rom and the ips file and patch it

Years
I'm trying to do it, but i don't know how to do it. I would like to play with my phone. If you can explain me better I would be very grateful. Thanks and sorry for my clumsiness.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
I can't play the game. Could you put it, like a normal game of gbc, not ips? Thanks

Sorry man, sharing ROM files could get me kicked from this site (and is also technically illegal). The ips is a patch, there are programs that apply the patch to a normal ROM of Crystal version. I use LunarIPS to do patching on my PC, but I'm not sure about patching on mobile, I'm sure someone in the forum would know.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
I'm going to keep an eye on this big time as this looks like it will be a fun game. What is the story line for this hack if I may ask?

Thanks! Without giving too much away, this game takes place around 3~5 years after the events of B2W2, when people claiming to be from Team Plasma begin to appear and cause trouble. But N had renounced Team Plasma following B/W, and Ghetsis had essentially lost his mind following B2/W2, so there must be some other shadowy forces behind it, conspiring to enact some grand scheme upon Unova.

I'm still ironing out a few details, but my goal is to create a plot that seems fitting for a Pokemon game. So still using some character drama with the evil team, but nothing too grimdark or out there.

Years
I played the whole game (2 gyms)
There are some bugs:
-When you save the game in somewhere, you always appear in this pokémon center:
mlmQgME.png

-This NPC have the protagonist sprite:
MD2nrPw.png

-This map:
v7f8dHp.png

-Some maps have a wrong song in the original game.
-In the start of the game you have the 2nd badge:
MkTqzRj.png

(Sorry for my bad english...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
There are some bugs:
mlmQgME.png

MD2nrPw.png

-This map:
v7f8dHp.png

MkTqzRj.png

I will investigate these bugs, thanks!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
There are some bugs:
mlmQgME.png

MD2nrPw.png

-This map:
v7f8dHp.png

MkTqzRj.png

Ok, I have gone through and fixed most of the bugs you've mentioned. I am not quite sure why the game's native save feature isn't quite working, though using save states with your emulator will work fine. I will be looking more into this save issue. I have replaced the ips patch with a new version that fixes the other bugs you mentioned, thanks for the help!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, I have gone through and fixed most of the bugs you've mentioned. I am not quite sure why the game's native save feature isn't quite working, though using save states with your emulator will work fine. I will be looking more into this save issue. I have replaced the ips patch with a new version that fixes the other bugs you mentioned, thanks for the help!

So I just figured out the saving issue. It's now fixed in the patch in the link. Thanks again for the bug-finding help!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Hmmm... actually this looks like the most promising hack I've seen on pokecommunity in ages. Good luck on this one. I really like the idea of the game being in Unova. Hope you can get the sprites of the Unocal gym leaders. Once again good luck

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Minor Update:
Fixed a bug with the Wild Pokemon percentages. Now all Pokemon intended for a specific area will spawn, and with the intended probability. Also added unique trainer text, so everyone no longer says the same thing. All updates included in the patch in the download.

Back