• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pET PEEVES v2

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Something that annoys me in gen 5 in particular is how late some pokémon are available, like Durant, Deino, Heatmor etc. IIRC you can't even get some of these before the first champion battle in BW2. Arghh, I wish I had a larger time to enjoy using them.

Also some evolution levels in gen 5 are ridiculous. Like why would Tynamo evolve at level 39? And Litwick at 41? Poppycock

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I love Gen 2, but dislike how many Johto Pokemon are unobtainable until you reach Kanto, meaning to use certain Pokemon you to need to basically finish the main story and then trade them over to a new file.

I feel like it should the other way around. Johto Pokemon should make up the population in most of the region, and when you reach Kanto you should be able to find the Pokemon from the original games.

Years
Sometimes I get the urge to replay USUM, but then again, I get demotivated because I really don't have much to do in it, anymore. It just bothers me that all there's left to do after RR is Battle Tree. @_@;

I suppose I can have fun with my mythicals in battle, but that's about it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Kanto pandering has been rather excessive lately, even though we're going into a new generation.

A lot of the original 151 tend to outnumber the amount of new Pokémon introduced each generation in each new regional PokéDex, which I feel limits team building to some degree.

It doesn't help that the idea of Regional Variants are probably exclusive to Kanto Pokémon, and will likely be dropped in Gen 8, given Game Freak's dumbfounding track record with omitting beloved features.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
The fact that in Gen IV Sinnoh's choice for a fire type that's not an evolution of something from a previous gen was limited to the fire starter and Ponyta, which wasn't even a new pokemon.
I'm talking about Pokemon to use during the story, so heatran doesn't count.

And then they had the brilliant idea of making one of the E4 fire type, leading to him busting out stuff like Steelix and Lopunny. At least they somewhat fixed him in Platinum.

I'm really curious about why there were so few fire types in Sinnoh, if it was somehow intentional to balance the game or if they simply... forgot? Like they had a whole dex ready and then some guy realized that no one had thought up a fire type and just shrugged.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Honestly, Pokemon running away in Pokemon Go is so annoying?? Not only can you not catch it, but it disappears completely. It's so infuriating, especially during community days when Pokemon that are rarer to spawn show up and just run away from you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Old complaint but still relevant imo. Can we just stop with the Fire starters being either Fighting types or HEAVILY Fighting coded, please? Thanks.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I've just started doing Gyms in Pokemon Go, and whyyyy do you only get coins from defending a Gym after your Pokemon gets kicked out?? So. Annoying.

EDIT: Just checked, and there's now Dragonite and Salamence over 2000 CP in the Gym with me. Haha! I'm never getting my Flareon back.

Last edited:

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
I've just started doing Gyms in Pokemon Go, and whyyyy do you only get coins from defending a Gym after your Pokemon gets kicked out?? So. Annoying.

EDIT: Just checked, and there's now Dragonite and Salamence over 2000 CP in the Gym with me. Haha! I'm never getting my Flareon back.

Nah don't worry, the CP decreases over time because they get tired so anyone can knock them out sooner or later exactly to avoid Pokemon staying in gyms forever.

But yes it's annoying because you have no control over the coins you get. You could have 10 Pokemon in Gyms but if you're unlucky and they all get knocked out the same day only get 50 coins for that day.

Last edited:
Years
its always demotivating to replay platinum because of the poor fire-type pokemon selection. the only legit fire-type is chimchar. but i'm getting tired of replaying sinnoh with chimchar :(

Years
please let me select a capture target in SOS/battles with more than one wild Pokémon without needing to knock out everything else

Years
been feeling less motivated to play USUM oddly because the more I think about how boring the 3D models are, the more it just.. bums me out. i like 3D models don't get me wrong, and i feel like they could've done good things if Game Freak chose the right poses, but of course for the large majority, they had the most boring poses imaginable. @_@

Years
while I largely plan on getting SwSh, a part of me feels bummed out that I 99% won't get the chance to bring along my trusty Shaymin. it's not a devastating loss by any means that's going to prevent me from getting the game or anything, but since it's a mythical that only really "fits" in the Sinnoh reason, it saddens me that, because of the pokedex restrictions, that I likely won't get a chance to see Shaymin on the big screen for a long time.

I suppose the same can be said for a lot of the shinies that I have too, depending on which ones can be transferred and which ones can't. Either way, this is why I'm anxious about the number of actual new Pokemon this generation because I'm hoping there's more than enough that I can experiment around and find new Pokemon I can grow to love and all that. n.n

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
LGPE can you please have different box icon colours for shiny Pokemon seriously it is such a nightmare to try and sort stuff when I finally catch my shiny Charmander after chaining a million of them and it looks like every other Charmander in there and I have to triple check to make sure I'm not scrapping a shiny when I send stuff to the professor.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Or alternatively just Pokemon games let me auto sort the boxes so every time a new mon is added I don't have to manually re-sort everything!

Years
i miss pokemon XD/colosseum/pbr

to me personally, they were the highlight of my pokemon gaming "career". i've had so much fun seeing my pokemon on the big screen landing impressive attacks on opponents and the general gameplay of all three games. i don't care if PBR was really one big extended battle frontier, the OST and the battles made the game worth it to me.

the stadium games also deserve a shoutout for the same reason. stadium 2 especially for the fun af minigames, especially topsy turvy and clear cut.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Did you know that most of the trainers in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee don't have 4 moves on their Pokemon, even late in the game? I certainly do - I had a Ditto on my team. 😩

Last edited:
Back